Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido
A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido
2003-07-08, 7:55 AM #1
[http://www.geocities.com/hybridgames2000/subwayshot.txt]

I started work on this alst night, so its pretty preliminary. I still need different textures, and to fix the lighting a bit, as well as a lot more things. Comments,suggestions, flames?

[Its JK, and its a subway]
2003-07-08, 8:03 AM #2
With the lights out, it's less dangerous, here we are now, entertain us...[my fav. song]

I like the textures a lot, you shouldn't change them. The lighting does need a lot of work though.
2003-07-08, 8:11 AM #3
Maybe post an ingame screen with a bit more light. Looks good so far, though.

------------------
My Deviations
TeamFrouse.com
2003-07-08, 9:52 AM #4
I see dflt! No seriously, I do. But it looks pretty good right now, but work on the lighting some and it'll be great. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.

The 2 riddle!
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-07-08, 10:59 AM #5
He has teh Linkin Park in teh WinAmp... O_o
Good choice.

Looks good so far.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2003-07-08, 11:59 AM #6
you edited out whatever it was in that last taskbaritem, but you didn't edit out your horrid taste in music? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Most textures are pretty nice, you just need to work on the alignment a bit. the lighting will be easily fixed by just cleaving the hallway at the place where the sideways attach.

Place some lamps too, so the light comes from something.

------------------
Call me Vedder.
Author of: A Pirate's Tale (Mots SP)
APT homepage
----
<phantom> You're always going to be aloser if you attempt to aspire to massassi standards.
<phantom> They're a bunch of socially inadequate <beep> whores who have little or no lives.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2003-07-08, 12:09 PM #7
LIKE OMG WOW

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I may act stupid....I may Say stupid things....heck I might be stupid...but Don't call me stupid.</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I may act stupid....I may Say stupid things....heck I might be stupid...but Don't call me stupid.</font>
2003-07-08, 12:13 PM #8
Honestly, it reminds me of Doom 2.

------------------
TDiR: The Destruction is Real
2003-07-08, 3:02 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZOOIkes:
you edited out whatever it was in that last taskbaritem, but you didn't edit out your horrid taste in music? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Most textures are pretty nice, you just need to work on the alignment a bit. the lighting will be easily fixed by just cleaving the hallway at the place where the sideways attach.

Place some lamps too, so the light comes from something.

</font>

The last one is his AIM chat.

As for music, to every person his own. Your opinion.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2003-07-08, 3:17 PM #10
what is it?

------------------
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-07-08, 4:01 PM #11
Its Doom, isn't it Matrix?? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Actually I think he said it was a subway.

------------------
TDiR: The Destruction is Real
2003-07-08, 4:24 PM #12
That's not Linkin Park he's listening to, it's Linkin Parikanoista, a russian easy-listening band.

------------------
The Editor of bad levels such as:

Battle Ground Oasis The Forgotten Tomb
Office Building Arena
SpacePort Oasis
Wookie Camp
Fade to Black
Thriving Desert
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2003-07-08, 8:33 PM #13
whats up with the thread title?

anyway you should of posted more screenshots. one isnt enough. all i practically see is a hallway with a few rooms off to the side. lighting needs work. other than that it look alirght from wha i can see.
"Never look down on anybody unless your helping him up."
-Jesse Jackson
2003-07-09, 7:01 AM #14
matrixhacker, I *do* still have that subway for you and the team. As well as the test area. But fix the texture errors on the stairs, recalculate the lighting, and fix that texture on the left.

Sadly, it looks like you spent more time blurring your Instant Message than you did making that hallway.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2003-07-09, 7:35 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by st_thomas:
whats up with the thread title?</font>

Lyrics to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana.
2003-07-09, 7:46 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:

Sadly, it looks like you spent more time blurring your Instant Message than you did making that hallway.
</font>

haha,I love you Gris,thats what I needed
2003-07-09, 8:24 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
As for music, to every person his own. Your opinion.</font>

No ****. He was joking, that's why he used [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif], [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

[This message has been edited by Emon (edited July 09, 2003).]
2003-07-09, 4:15 PM #18
Unlike you Emon, I must not have the amazing talent to decypher sarcasm in TEXT format. I can find about 3 different ways to interpret that sentance. I picked one.

Lay off my back.
Last Stand
2003-07-09, 4:28 PM #19
[bizanned]

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited July 09, 2003).]
2003-07-09, 4:42 PM #20
hahaha nice.
"Never look down on anybody unless your helping him up."
-Jesse Jackson
2003-07-09, 4:44 PM #21
Guys,get back on topic. Plus,no flaming.
2003-07-09, 5:27 PM #22
This thread is in jeopardy of being closed because of what only one person said. Sad.

As for the level, there's not much to say that others haven't already said. The lighting needs some work (I suggest using several dynamic lights in different locations that are tuned down low, maybe range = .5 and intensity = 2 and stick it closely in a corner and just keep doing that). Textures seem out of place, and maybe you should add some posters in there somewhere, I know that subways have lots of posters and printings on their walls.

------------------
The Editor of bad levels such as:

Battle Ground Oasis The Forgotten Tomb
Office Building Arena
SpacePort Oasis
Wookie Camp
Fade to Black
Thriving Desert
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2003-07-09, 7:02 PM #23
Edit: This post was a reply to the one who is now bizanned and no longer needed.

[This message has been edited by Emon (edited July 09, 2003).]
2003-07-09, 7:06 PM #24
The only thing that could possibly shock me now is a scale replica of the Lusitania erupting from my abdomen.

------------------
The Forge - SuperS51's Model Portfolio

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
2003-07-09, 7:27 PM #25
The level is nice, matrixhacker. I just think the lighting needs a lot of work. It looks very odd as of now. That aside...

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by teh REAL avenger:
please do not quote things you know will eventually be edited.
</font>

Emon frequently provides helpful constructive criticism to level and mod authors of every degree of skill. The only people who don't like him are the *******s who think any level moderately good or better should get nothing more than "OMG OMG TEH 1337 LOLOL U SHOULD WORK AT A GAEM MAKING PLACE." If you are a typical example of the people on your NJO forums, I can see why he came here.

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited July 09, 2003).]
2003-07-10, 11:37 AM #26
Now that this has been mostly resolved...

NJO died last year because of petty internal political schemes, to put it politely.

Emon, if memory serves, was here LONG before he visited NJOs forums. I'm not positive on this, and I'm not going to bother checking his registration date.

As for your comment about those that don't like him and why... your opinion.

I'm leaving this thread now, probably shouldn't have even bothered with this reply.
Last Stand
2003-07-10, 11:45 AM #27
NJO/JO died several times and was revived, all due to petty political schemes and people who thought ruling a clan was their destiny in life or some BS. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

Anyways, no need to keep that crap in this thread, that was years ago.

------------------
2003-07-10, 1:01 PM #28
Sorry to disturb your trip down memory lane, but can we get back on topic?
2003-07-10, 1:24 PM #29
Someone should make a map and call it "Memory Lane"...
2003-07-12, 8:33 PM #30
With minigame versions of classic atari, nintendo, and arcade games in tiny little shops.

-Don't bother dcrediting me, it'll probably be for a game I don't have.

------------------
"I'm Thomas. Thomas Johnson. I'll be there if you leave the microwave open. I'll be there if you touch the third rail. I'll be there if you turn on the gas before you light the match, or lose a round of Russian roulette. I am at the end of every road. I await you past the last heartbeat. I am the Grim Reaper. I will be the death of you."
-Thomas Johnson, the Black Angel of Death

"I wonder... what might happen if I were to open this door. This simple, wood paneled door. What would happen? Would I find a closet? A bathroom? A kitchenette? Or would I be treated to a nightmarish vision of a universe beyond ours, a universe of meaningless powers and frightful entities with a need to express their sadistic urges? Or a bedroom?"
-St. George in the Hotel California
2003-07-13, 3:04 AM #31
You guys sure know how to show a complete lack of respect for the author of a thread. :P

Anyways, so far the level looks good. But we could use an in-game screenshot to give better comments on it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited July 13, 2003).]
2003-07-13, 11:16 AM #32
I like the textures.

Stitching is your friend.

Perhapos a little bit more roundness in a few places would help to smooth it out, and as was mentioned. Lighting could use help. Forgive me if you posted updates, I didn't read through more ten of teh posts

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer and producer of The Dark Revival
(until I come up with a real name for it)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)

↑ Up to the top!