Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → [edit]
[edit]
2003-12-09, 12:58 PM #1
i just lost my parent and my life-time home. maybe i need to deal with it with my tactless comedy, but apparently my feelings don't matter

------------------
Life and death are equally jests
-Poe
Cyclops was right
2003-12-09, 12:59 PM #2
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
The Matrix: Unplugged
2003-12-09, 1:01 PM #3
A word of advice prior to the lock - you should have e-mailed an admin about this.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-09, 1:04 PM #4
I'm with wolfy. Also, if you need to vent, a forum with people who have never seen or talked to each other in real life isn't the greatest of ideas...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-09, 1:08 PM #5
Oh--I never read the other thread. It all makes sense now.

------------------
The Matrix: Unplugged
2003-12-09, 1:39 PM #6
No offense but that money thing seemed kind of like one of those Nigerian money scams. If not, I feel for you.

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2003-12-09, 1:45 PM #7
How on earth judging from that last thread and your other posts today am I supposed to judge that you are actually being serious and not making a really bad joke?

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian & A Very Massassian Xmas
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2003-12-09, 1:51 PM #8
uh . . . [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-09, 2:18 PM #9
I'm sorry about your house and parent [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] , but it looks like you might get banned or something [http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif] shortly, based on reading this quote
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
originally posted by Jaiph
...wow, ok, do something like this again and you're a goner. Some people here have lost a parent and I don't think they'll really find this terribly amusing. </font>

Again, I'm sorry about your troubles. Sometimes these things just happen. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
[Meow Mix]
Meow Meow Meow Meow
Meow Meow Meow Meow
Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited December 09, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited December 10, 2003).]
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2003-12-09, 4:12 PM #10
all i'll say, is good luck, hope you get over that

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-10, 2:06 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
How on earth judging from that last thread and your other posts today am I supposed to judge that you are actually being serious and not making a really bad joke?

</font>

I really hope that you are not lying TombFyre... If you are, for me this case/thread shall be closed.

Otherwise... try to survive.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2003-12-10, 2:08 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:

</font>

I dunno if my parents really died I wouldn't be posting for money on a forum... maybe he is lieing...
2003-12-10, 7:32 AM #13
STOP! SDHGSKJ

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2003-12-10, 7:42 AM #14
I think just because all of you have posted "In Befo da lock" the admins won't lock it now LOL

------------------
"So there I was completely naked and covered in tartar sauce..."
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2003-12-10, 8:10 AM #15
What the hell? An admin has posted, this kinda indicates that the thread wasn't going to be locked. So why are there a half-dozen "in before the lock posts" that started with someone quoting the admin.

Incidently, I know i'm not the only admin who is tempted to start banning people who use this "in before the lock" crap as an excuse to inflate their post counts.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2003-12-10, 8:47 AM #16
Wow. People turned this thread about someone's losing a loved one into this. Where is this going. I'm so confused [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-10, 10:00 AM #17
We think he is lying, because ASKING for gifts and money after a trgic incident should NOT be done. It is extreamly selfish etc etc... I have never met someone who would ever do that. It's almost like giving god the finger.

------------------
<Glyde> but.. you can't pick pickled peppers, even if a pickled pepper picker could pick pickled peppers!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2003-12-10, 10:25 AM #18
He first mentioned losing his mother and his house burning down a month or two ago...
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2003-12-10, 10:41 AM #19
Strange that I don't remember that, I typically remember threads to that effect.

Ah well.

If you aren't lying, good luck, I know it's tough.

If you are lying... well, right now isn't the best time to make death jokes on Massassi.

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2003-12-10, 11:37 AM #20
i'm sorry, but i can't help but notice on your profile that
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Date Registered: August 05, 2000
Total Posts: 183 </font>

and the kicker

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Interests: fire and death </font>

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.

[This message has been edited by Elana14 (edited December 10, 2003).]
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-10, 11:39 AM #21
Peculiar.

------------------
2003-12-10, 12:02 PM #22
I would have thought the editing out of the offensive title and the fact I posted long ago in the thread would be an indication it wasn't going to be locked, but anyway.

Whilst the last thread was very strange and, well, inappropriate as there are others here who have lost parents and would not share the same black humour, given what Det has said in his last post I personally am giving Tomb the benefit of the doubt for now.

Condolences mate, I hope you realise the thread closure was -not- a sign that no-one here cares, but rather that it was so far out of left field that it seemed like a bad joke and not someone coping with a trauma.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian & A Very Massassian Xmas
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2003-12-10, 2:19 PM #23
What the hell is up with your profile man. That's almost sickening.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2003-12-10, 2:29 PM #24
That's kinda what I was noticing, courtesy of Elana.

------------------
2003-12-10, 2:42 PM #25
dudes, givve the guy a break about his profile.

I read that ages ago and it was still the same. The intrests are just a referance to his nick.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
alpha1: winner of the 2003 tfti award.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon`C:
Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly. :)
</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spork:
Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'</font>
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2003-12-10, 2:50 PM #26
I don't know what ot think...

On the one hand I really hope that didn't really happen because no one should go through that

On the Other hand, I really hope you're not making a joke out of this because it's horrible to make a joke out of things like that, especially in that manner and especially when massassi us already mourning a death

*examines hands
*is torn

------------------
If there is a 50% chance that you are going to be right, there is a 90% chance that you will choose the wrong one ~SithNazgul, the 50-50-90 rule
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2003-12-10, 3:03 PM #27
I just think his approach was bad...

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-11, 6:55 AM #28
I still think he is lieing... I know that sounds bad but still... I dunno its just a feeling call it the force.

↑ Up to the top!