Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → The Shadows of Darkness.
The Shadows of Darkness.
1999-11-29, 4:57 PM #1
--This idea was originally proposed to me by Gebohq. Becuase events in the post board version of Saga of the Thrid War lead me to open this tale.--

Merlin's body now was cold as it lay on the floor. His eyes not seeing, his heart not beating, no breath, no life. Ji'tory looked at his body now. But she didn't see or hear or feel. She was now only and extension of Bazaal. Bazaal brought down his dark sheild and surveyed the party.

Bazaal: Ji'tory. Take the sword and pick it up.

Ji'tory without emotion picked up "Consilium ex Deo".

Bazaal: Throw it out the window.

She did. It fell many stories straight down and dug into a stone that lay in the sea near the tower. It was deeply dug into the stone and would be hard to remove.

Now Bazaal turned to the party.

Bazaal: As you can see you master Merlin is dead. Now either join me. Or I will give you a head lead in fleeing from me.

None of them choose to join.

Bazaal: So be it! I've been aware of you friends elsewhere in the castle. To all of you I say goodbye and good luck with what little life you have worth living left.

Bazaal with a flick of his hand the party was enveloped in shadow. Suddenly they all found themselves out side Merlin citadel. All except Ji'tory. Gebohq turned and went cold as he saw Merlin's dead body laying in the grass. His gray white hair matted slightly with his red blood. His pale blue eyes looked up unseeingly. Though they seemed to look into the heavens with the same patience and kindness he bore in life.

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited November 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited November 30, 1999).]
"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. So then it is no longer I that do it, but sin that which dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me."

~St. Paul to the church in Rome recorded in Romans 7:15-20.

So that we are set free from sin by Jesus, so we celebrate his birth on Christmas. Remeber this day with joy, when the angels sang, peace on earth good will toward men.

~Merlin
1999-11-29, 5:11 PM #2
--Allow this sub plot bit of mine concerning Merlin go alone by itself for a bit, it will merge into the rest of the tale shortly.--

Merlin now stood in a place for which I have no words to describe for no mortal eye has beheld its splendor.

A voice strong and wise: Welcome Merlin.

Merlin turned to see a winged man with a sword at his belt.

Merlin: Am I in the Beuto city? How did I get here?

Man: I am not a Beuto, Merlin. I am Gabriel the Archangel.

Merlin: Then I am . . .

Gabriel (softly): Yes, you have passed on from the shadow lands.

Merlin: My friends . . .!

Gabriel: Here all time is the eternal now. All is prepared as part of our Lord's plan. The end has not yet come.

Merlin: Then there is hope for them?

Gabriel: What of hope? Here is with God. Here there is only assurance.

Merlin nodded at this beings wisdom.

Gabriel: Come.

Merlin obediently followed.

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited November 29, 1999).]
"I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. So then it is no longer I that do it, but sin that which dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me."

So that we are set free from sin by Jesus, so we celebrate his birth on Christmas. Remeber this day with joy, when the angels sang, peace on earth good will toward men.

~Merlin
1999-11-29, 5:59 PM #3
Gabriel left Merlin in a large room. There he stood alone. Then Merlin noticed a presence here with him. It was as distant as the stars, and as close as our breath, present yet hidden, powerful yet forever restraining it's power to give mankind free will. It held righteous anger, and eternal love. It was everywhere, but nowhere. It knew all things. It knew Merlin better than he knew himself. Merlin burned with shame before it, it was beautiful and terrible.

Merlin: My Lord, I am not worthy to be before you!

For it knew all of the darkside of Merlin, those deeds and thoughts he regreted, those things we all pray will never see the light of day were laid bare before it.

Merlin: I am a sinner Lord. I am not righteous. Forgive me!

He wept before it.

Voice: For you my word became flesh. For you I died. For you we guided and lead to walk with us.

Merlin: But I have failed to walk with you.

Voice: For you our eternal love is poured out, you are forgiven of your sins Merlin.

And even as it was said Merlin felt the wieght of that darker side of him melt away.

Voice: Rise up and go. They are waiting for you.

He rose filled with joy and wonder and obeyed it with pleasure.

And as he left the hall he saw her.

Merlin: Anna!

He ran toward her and took her in his arms.

Merlin: Oh, Anna! I missed you so much!

Anna: I know Merlin. I was watching over you.

Merlin: Then you saw what happened with Jezeba.

Anna: Yes. You know me well, for you saw through her.

Merlin: But I didn't at first.

Anna: But you did when it mattered most. Now it doesn't matter anymore that you errored then.

Merlin held her close to him.

Merlin: I only wish we could have married like we planned.

Anna: Here there is no marriage. Here you and I are one, heart and soul. There is no need for marriage.

Merlin layed his head upon her shoulder and she held him.

Merlin: Thank you, God.

~Merlin
1999-11-29, 6:14 PM #4
Now Anna took Merlin's hand and she spoke with joyful voice.

Anna: Come the others are waiting!

Together they walked down the halls hand in hand. In this place for which mankind has not tounge nor word to describe. A place where it is as if the spirit of Christmas never ceases. Eternally from those halls rang peace on earth, good will toward men. Here nothing that was good is lost, here evil can not touch for they stand beyond evil. And have only pity for it. She lead him down the hallway into what looked like an open courtyard, there on the steps stood Tureh.

Turneh: Welcome home Merlin!

Merlin: Turneh! It is so good to see you again.

Turneh: And it is well that you are here with us. Come we have something to show you.

And so they lead on. Soon they reached a place like a cliff. Beyond Merlin looked down and as he looked he could see the whole of the earth beneath him. He could see all its people. He saw his friends. He saw Ji'tory.

Merlin: Ji'tory! I have to help her.

Anna: Merlin, listen to me. There were countless times I wanted to come to you to help you. But we have to give those on earth their chance.

Merlin: But she doesn't have a chance! She doesn't have a will!

Anna: I know Merlin. But it will come out alright in the end. No matter how they suffer on earth, all of them will reach here to be with God or sperate from him in time. In time she will be set free. Have faith in God.

Merlin: I worry for her.

Anna: We all do Merlin. We all do.

And Merlin watched on.

~Merlin
1999-11-29, 6:55 PM #5
The remaining party memebers stood together now. Reyuan, who had healed, Jason, Affarasa, Sakana, his fellow soldiers, Dragonfly, Gebohq, Avenger, Shawn Templar, Lina, and the others. They stood in a clearing in which the center of stood a funeral pyre. Upon it lay Merlin's body. To the funeral pyre's right stood Shawn Templar holding a blazing torch. He stood there with his head bowed. Slowly he lit the twigs beneath the pyre, The blue flames soon sourounded the pyre and they stretched up and engulfed Merlin's lifeless body.

Lina began to cry. So did some of the others.

Merlin stood hand in hand with Anna there in the clearing. Near the company in fact, but they couldn't see or hear them. Merlin watched with a strange expression of sadness on his face as his body burned on the pyre the smoke drifting toward the stars.

Merlin: I wish I could tell them. . .

Anna: I know. I went through the same thing while you were on that side too.

~Merlin
1999-11-29, 6:58 PM #6
meanwhile, back at Bazaal's fortress...

Bazaal goes out on the battlefield and personally kicks some butt. The Armies of the world suffer terrible casualites as the undead continue to rise again, and again. Bazaal rains fire down on their forces, and many of them perish in the flames. They finally retreat, numbering only 1/10 their original men. Bug, and Carnid, the only two of Bazaal's henchmen that survived the onslaught work at repairing the damage, and finding more troops from the dead in the battlefield to serve in Bazaal's army.

Bug picks up a copy of Black Magic for Dummies from one of the slain Wizards, libraries and soon takes up magic as a hobby.

------------------
Good pitching can always stop good hitting and vice versa.
‹^› //‹{°;°}›\\ ‹^›
1999-11-29, 9:02 PM #7
Ignore this.

~Merlin
1999-11-29, 9:02 PM #8
--Gebohq I know you wanted to set this to several years later. You can shift the time setting if you wish. I don't know if you guys/girls want to continue the tale from where it is now, shortly after my funeral, or do you wish to now jump it to several years in the future after the party begins to break up and go their seperate ways. Do as you wish, since Merlin is dead time doesn't matter to him as it did before.--

~Merlin
1999-11-30, 2:35 PM #9
--I think that we should keep the story going as it is (not jumping several years ahead). We could write about our atempts to stop Bazaal, retrive the sword, and free Ji'Tory from Bazaal's power. It's just a few sugestions, but i personally think that we should keep the story in the same time setting that it already is.--

After the funeral, The party return to Merlin's Citadel. As they approached the Citadel, they couldn't help but notice that it seemed to lose some of its splender now that Merlin had past away. The Citadel seemed so empty now that its creator, so to speak, had left it. They entered the Citadel and sat down at the new fire burning in the Citadel. The fire brought back memories for some, memories of Merlin bringing them all here for help in defeating his long time nemesis. Shawn kept espescial quite for reasons unknown. "Shawn, are you going to be alright?" asked Lina. "No, I'm afraid not." Shawn replied."After loseing so much one might think that I would be use to this." continued Shawn, " I've lost everything in my live." He turned and looked Lina in the face. "Thats why I didn't want to stay with you, I didn't want anything to happen to you." He said with sadness.

"Shawn, we're two of a kind." Dragonfly said, "I lost all of my family also." Shawn looked up at him with sympathy. "Dad would always tell me how special me and mother was. When I lost him, it was devastating." said Lina.

"Well, let us not forget all of those brave souls who fought to help rid this world of Bazaal." said Dragonfly. "Merlin..." said Avenger. "Scout..." replied Gebohq. "Norran..." said Orca. "And all of the brave warriors from all of the races on this planet." said Lina.

"I think I'll head to bed now." said Dragonfly. "Yeah meto" said Shawn. The rest of the party agreed and headed to their rooms. Lina was walking with Shawn when he stopped suddenly. "Shawn, whats wrong?" asked Lina. "Everyone, listen to me!" exclaimed Shawn. Everyone stopped and turned to Shawn. "Everyone, I just wanted to tell you to becareful in your dreams. Since Merlin is dead.....I think that the sheild that he put up to block our minds to Bazaal has been lifted. Which means he can enter our minds at anytime. I just wanted to warn you." said Shawn. Everyone nodded and headed to their rooms. Everyone was asleep after some time but Shawn refused to sleep. After what he experiened so many times in his dreams, he refused to sleep. "Are you going to be alright?" came a comforting voice. He turned around to see Lina still awake. "Sorry, I thougt that you were asleep." replied Shawn. "I've been watching you sit there and think. Shawn, everything will turn out alright. Don't worry about it." Lina said with comfort in her voice. Shawn stared into her eyes, he could sense something speacial about her and knew his insticnts to be true. He smiled and Lina giggled. "Thats the first time I've seen you smile in awhile. Shawn, if you ever need to talk about something, anything at all, I'll be here." she said. "I'll go to bed in a min. I just need some time to think thats all." Shawn replied.

I never sang my songs
On the stage, on my own
I never said my words
Wishing they would be heard
I saw you smiling at me
Was it real or just my fantasy
You'd always be there in the corner
Of this tiny little bar
My last night here for you
Same old songs, just once more
My last night here with you?
Maybe yes, maybe not
I kind of liked it your your way
How you shyly placed your eyes on me
Oh, did you ever know?
That I had mine on you

*Darling, so there you are
With that look on your face
As if you're never hurt
As if you're never down
Shall I be the one for you
Who pinches you softly but sure
If frown is shown then
I will know that you are no dreamer

So let me come to you
Close as I want to be
Close enough for me
To feel your heart beating fast
And stay there as I whisper
How I loved your peaceful eyes on me
Did you ever know
That I had mine on you

Darling, so share with me
Your love if you have enough
Your tears if you're holding back
Or pain if that's what it is
How can I let you know
I'm more than the dress and the voice
Just reach me out then
You will know that you're not dreaming

*repeat

--Eyes on Me (FF8)
--by Faye Wong.

----Merlin, did my last post on the "saga of the 3rd War" get counted in this story, just curious.

------------------
"I can become enraged like Vegeta, if i smile, run...................very fast."

"Semper Fi"
-"Life is cheap.....especially mine." -Hero Yui
1999-11-30, 3:00 PM #10
--Yea, what you ask of me in your other post is taken into acount, Lina, is wearing that armor still and has those weapons (I didn't realize scout was dead (so many things going on at once)). This looks like a good begining. I'll be about so to speak.--

~Merlin
1999-11-30, 5:10 PM #11
You'll can do whatever you want with my character in the story... I wanted to end it on the other thread and did in the good ending....For this thread, Dragonfly returns in the middle of the night to the Beuto city where he is elected ruler.......by the few reamining living Turneh.. He becomes thier leader.....People my character is still here, but feels great sadness from not avenging Turneh. So keep in touch. And visit me sometimes.I am still here just taking a back seat. ok? later

and remeber I am only in the Beuto city.....a freind, an ally who you amy need one day,. [http://198.92.131.6/html/smile.gif]

------------------
-Dragonfly
Webmaster of JK Depot
"I want chicken, I want liver, Meow Mix, Meow Mix please deliver!"

Remember! At Massassi, you have NO Constitutional Rights!
1999-11-30, 7:59 PM #12
--Ping_me told me he was kind of worn down by all the writing and was taking breather from it (I take it that is what your kinda doing to Dragonfly, I hope this doesn't mean noone will continue this story. Cause I really look foward to it now, I really want to know what will happen now, the only way to do that is to have people continue the story.--

Merlin stood with Anna again in heaven. Now Gabriel arrived.

Gabriel: I have something to show you.

Merlin looked to Anna.

Anna: I know where he is taking you. I'll wait here.

Merlin (softly but with a sort of hesitance to leave her, even breifly): All right.

Anna: Be careful.

Merlin (softly): I will. (now to the archangel) Lead on!

So Merlin and Gabriel descended, though descend isn't really the right word to describe it, but it must be used for lack of better word.

Now they reached a dark realm and a dark form stood before them.

Dark Form (with a savage and hateful tone): Why do you come here!

Gabriel: By the order of God.

Dark Form relents, but it is obviously livid at the archangel's presence.

Gabriel leads on further into that dark realm with its stark black void for a sky and burning plains.

Merlin: Is this place what I think it is?

Gabriel: It is. What you call Hell. Total seperation from God.

Merlin: Why have you brought me here?

Gabriel: To show you something.

Gabriel then stopped.

Gabriel: There.

Merlin looked foward over the edge of a cliff on to an empty desolate plain. Not to far away he sees a post driven into the ground and attached to it are chains.

Merlin: For whom are those chains?

Gabriel: For Bazaal.

Merlin doesn't respond.

Gabriel: You think he deserves this?

Merlin: Yes. For he has caused much evil and suffering.

Gabriel: But when you stood before the Lord, and where faced with your sins did you not see how much harm you had done.

Merlin: Yes. So I should not judge him. It is not my place.

Gabriel: Not only that Merlin. Bazaal began life like you. With equal chance to do good or evil. He was once someone's son. The Lord does not wish this upon any man. But in their unrelenting quest for power they imprison themselves here. For in all his power Merlin, Bazaal will meet death and be helpless before it, for all of humanity is mortal.

Merlin: Why have you shown me this?

Gabriel: To prepare you to aid your friends. So that you may not enter the battle against evil again without first knowing its final fate.

Merlin: So that I might have pity what was once promise to do good, and choose to do evil. So that I might pity Bazaal.

Gabriel nods at Merlin's final realization of what the angel had been hinting at.

Gabriel: For he chooses the path that marches him to that stake and chains, Merlin. To before forever bound, powerless, helpless, and alone for all eternity. That God has pity on even the most evil of men. For they once could have been someone others loved. Now with each grasp that gains them power, the further chain themselves to a dying world.

Merlin (sadly): Now I understand.

Gabriel: They are fools. Pity they who love evil. For justice must still come. But God's pity for them is not leverage for them to escape their punishment. It offers them the chance to repent, but will not give them freedom if they do not. (Gabriel now pauses) Come, let us leave this place.

As they left Merlin thought he saw a glimpse of Cathar, chained to another stake, writhing in madness. Then the image faded as a dream. And again Merlin was in those halls of heaven. Anna was there waiting for them.

Anna: Now you understand.

Merlin: I do.

Gabriel: Then you are now sent by God to aid your friends. To appear to them if you wish or aid them in the way you seek. For you will be guided in accordance to His will.

And with that Merlin and Anna now stood in the main room of Merlin's citadel. All there in were now asleep. Merlin and Anna were not visible anyway. Merlin saw the book of magic he had left open from when they had forged "Consilium ex Deo" from across the fire. Merlin simply walked through the fire and reached the book. There he slowly turned the pages, if anyone had been watching they would have thought a brezze was blowing the pages (except there was no brezze). Merlin stopped on the page that gave the instructions on how to open a gate way to Ping_me's home reality. Then Merlin walked back to Anna and sat down with her near the fire and waited quitely for dawn.

~Merlin
1999-11-30, 8:47 PM #13
About a week after the battle, bug is busy cleaning out the basement. He opens one of the doors to a storage closet and see's a large, green, glowing object lying on the floor.

Bug: "Geez, what kind of crap does Bazaal keep down here anyways."

He is about to leave when he notices two bodies huddled against one of the walls. He walks up to them.

Bug: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

One of the bodies is unmoving, the other speaks out in an almost unadable tone. "Please, get me some water. I haven't had anything to drink for over a week"

Bug: "ok, hold on. I've got a spell for that. Ok, lets see. Water, um... that would be... Ah, forget it."

Bug pulls out a container attached to his belt. He hands it to the thursty visitor.

The container is thankfully grabbed from bug, and the visitor gulps down the water. The visitor stops, then tilts up the head of the body next to her pours some water down his throat.

Bug: "ok, who are you now."

Visitor: "My name is Se'tayan, and this here is Randon. We have been trapped here since the attack. Please, tell me. Is the battle won?"

Bug realizes that they must have been trapped in here since the raid on the fortress. He looks at them and feels a little pity. They will be tortured for Bazaal's amusement. Randon is still unmoving. Bug reaches down and feels for his pulse.

Bug: "Randon is dead"

Se'tayan: "What?! NO!!! He can't be! He was awake just a few hours ago! nooooo.."

Se'tayan breaks into sobs, hugging Randon's body. Bug stands over them a little saddened. Randon was lucky. Se'tayan would have been better off dying of thurst. Alive, Bazaal will torture her. Se'tayan finally pulls herself together.

Se'tayan: "The battle?"

Bug: "Bazaal has won. The world has been crushed."

Se'tayan drops Randons body. She is not crying anymore, just looking on with emotionless eyes.

Se'tayan: "Then nothing matters."

Bug: "yes it does, you're still alive aren't you? At least until Bazaal decides to torture you to death."

Se'tayan: "Alive? like you? I can see what you are. You don't care about anything or anyone. You have never loved anyone. You have never cried. If all you care about is trying to live, then what's worth living for will dissapear. Bazaal has destroyed everything to live for. Your life will become a pointless existence, until you kill yourself out of your own misery."

Bug is a little shocked to hear this. He stands for a few moments and thinks about what she has said. Then he suddenly stands erect again.

Bug: "Wait a minute. You never answered my second question. What are you doing here?"

Se'tayan: "We were here with a friend. He called himself Ping_me. He is dead."

Bug: "Ping_me? Are you sure he is dead? I thought he had some kind of backup module so that wouldn't happen."

Se'tayan looks up with a surprised look on her face.

Se'tayan: "You know ping_me?"

Bug: "knew. You wouldn't happen to know where his backup power module is would you?"

Suddenly with a swift motion Se'tayan is on her feet. Catching bug by surprise she whips out a dagger and pins him against the wall.

Se'tayan: "Now. You answer my questions."

Bug: "Aw, crap."

------------------
‹^› //‹{°;°}›\\ ‹^›
1999-12-01, 5:10 AM #14
Back at Merlin's Citadel, Orca is standing alone on top the hill where he once slayed golbins from. He looks down, upon the evergrowing darkness. Bazaal is weak, and Orca knows that. He also knows just how stupid Bazaal is to think that he has the party beaten. Merlin was dead, and Orca almost gave thanks that such a goody-two-shoes was out of the picture. NOW, he could use his dark tendancies, use the powers of the Whaleis, and overwhelm Bazaal! But, he thought, darkness would not be accepted by the rest. Staring around, to make sure noone was watching, he darted off into the woods.
-This is the start of a much milder version of "Duel of Darkness" if you see what I mean, the party, if they don't want me to REPLACE Bazaal, will have to try and stop me. Also, Orca believes in none of this "religious nonsense" about "Consilium ex Deo". So, Orca will, if not stopped, destroy the sword. He may actually be able to get Bug on his side if they meet. Lets see you guys try and stop me, it will sure be hard to talk me out of this without Merlin, who is dead now! MWAHAHAHAHA!-

------------------
-Space Orca
Space Orca's best qoutes:
"The Force is strong in you. The force of my lightsaber coming down!"
"A planet of pokemon? Don't bomb it from orbit. A few might survive. Get the Death Star in here!"
"Hmmmm... It looks like my Lightsaber needs a little repair work. Know of any lightsaber repair shops in town?"
"Luke Skywalker drew his lightsaber... and turned it in to the art teacher"
"Pokemon is spelled S-T-U-P-I-D!"
If you have any more funny quotes, just send them to me.

-Space Orca
"A planet of pokemon? Don't bomb it from orbit. A few might survive. Get the Death Star in here!"
"Hmmmm... It looks like my Lightsaber needs a little repair work. Know of any lightsaber repair shops in town?"

1999-12-01, 5:54 AM #15
Se'tayan held bug at knife point.

Bug: Yes I knew him. I was part of Merlin's party for a while. Until I turned sides.

Se'tayan holds the knife even closer.

Bug: Put that thing down! I'll tell you everything!

Se'tayan moves the knife back a little, but still keeps it ready for use.

Bug: I lied.

Se'tayan's heart lept.

Se'tayan: You mean Randon isn't dead?

Bug: Yes, yes he's not dead. But Merlin is. But Bazaal didn't take out the others in Merlin's party. Some of them are still alive at his citadel now. Bazaal showed me what they were doing. It was kinda fun to watch Merlin funeral. They cremated him, sent his ashes to the wind.

Se'tayan got livid now and the knife to his throat.

Bug: Is THIS what I get for saving you from dehydration!

Se'tayan relented. She picked up Pristine's projector and also carrying Randon fled the castle basment.

--Ok. I'm trying to figure out how to work with time here since the party went to sleep after Merlin's funeral. Since Merlin was laid to rest after the battle. It has only been one day and a night. There a several thing that will the party will be doing in that time. So I don't know how to reconcile the time differnce. Let's all just assume time runs differently in Bazaal's castle and it is more under his direct control. So he made time go slower in this castle to give them enough time to make repairs. So what took a couple of hours outside, was a week inside the castle. There, that took care of time discrepence.--

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited December 01, 1999).]

~Merlin
1999-12-01, 12:28 PM #16
-Shawn, I need your e-mail adress. If you don't want to reveal it publicly, e-mail me at Space_Orca@hotmail.com because I have an idea for a story involving you.-

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-01, 5:02 PM #17
*whew* Thanks Merlin. [http://198.92.131.6/html/smile.gif]

Mr. Templar, good song man! I was thinking on using that one myself.

[This message has been edited by Ping_Me (edited December 01, 1999).]
1999-12-01, 5:32 PM #18
--Ok. I normally wouldn't do this, but, Gebohq got me by e-mail and nearly begged me to change the tale, since the work was his idea originally, I felt I owed it to him. Basically he wanted to set the story foward 9 years along with some other events. If I find there is a majority of people hostile to this and they demand I recant the changes I will do so. But Gebohq can't be here to defend himself so I must do this cuase I feel I owe him this much.--

Merlin watched with Anna as the sun rose and shined through the citadel's entrance. Now the members of the party awakened.

Shawn: What now? How are we going to continue this fight?

Gebohq: I don't know. I don't think we can.

Shawn: How can you say that?!

Gebohq: Shawn, WAKE UP! Merlin is dead! He's gone. Without his magic there is no hope for us. The sword is gone. Everything is gone. I'm leaving. Goodbye.

Shawn: Gebohq! Wait!

Gebohq doesn't respond. He just continues on and leaves the citadel.

Sakana: I hate to say it, but I must go too. Since our effort failed, my people will need me.

Shawn: But what about Ping_me! We have to get him.

Sakana: Merlin is dead, with out his magic the gates won't open. Where are all trapped here in this world Shawn. You'll have to learn to live like the rest of us.

Shawn: What about Ji'tory.

Sakana: I care for her as much as you do Shawn. But I know what Bazaal has done to here now. As far as I can tell, Ji'tory is dead and none of us has the magic or the power to fight that control.

Merlin saw this continue on for sometime. As member after member left the party for various and honest reasons, all of them feeling with out Merlin's magic they were helpless to make another assault. Only a few remained when it was all said and done. Shawn, Lina, Avenger, and Reyuan. Shawn commited to the cause and Lina for she loved him. Avenger out of a sense of honor. And Reyuan out of his love for Ji'tory.

Merlin stood watching. Wishing he could tell them that the power they needed was only inside themselves not his magic. He knew appearing to them wouldn't help. Being dead, he had lost his magic for he no longer needed it. He sat there quietly holding Anna's hand. Knowing they must do what they must do.

Now Anna and Merlin were again in heaven. Before them stood Gabriel.

Gabriel: Worry not Merlin. For this tale is not yet done. For God has made ready the path in time.

And Merlin turned and watched the world beneath him. He saw time like an every rolling stream which bears all its sons away. Flowing onward, now nine years later Merlin gazes into a world very different than his own. Ping_me's homeworld. There he sees a little boy in the shadows touch a computer console. Suddenly the board crackles to life and the frightened little boy scurries into the darkness.

From the storm of electricity emerged Ping_me as if from a nine years sleep where he knew no time.

Ping_me: Merlin? Randon? Ji'tory? Where are you?

Then Merlin saw God will into existance a portal like the ones Merlin once made.

Ping_me expecting to find Merlin beyond the gate entered it. The gate then closed behind him.

What Ping_me found beyond was a shock to him. The basin which once held that flaming fire now empty. The room dark and cold, covered in cobwebs. The books and chairs covered in dust. As if the place had not been used in years.

Ping_me approached the basin. Suddenly a fire lept from the empty place and an image of Merlin as Ping_me had last seen him appeared. Ping_me realized this must be some type of recording Merlin had done in advance.

Merlin in recording: Greetings traveller. If you come in friendship I implore your aid.

Ping_me felt a growing sense of dread about this message, as if it had been prepared in case of something. . .

Merlin in recording: If you are seeing this then I have passed on.

Ping_me went cold.

Merlin in recording: Once I lead a band of powerful, what can only be called Hero's, on an assualt against an evil wizard that threatens this world. If you are reading this, then we have failed, and Bazaal has either killed us all or the company has somehow dissovled, or too few of them remained to do any good and went into hiding.

I implore your aid. If you are seeing this not all is lost for Bazaal must not have taken this world fully or this place would have been destroyed. Rather I suspect the different races that live here are putting up what fight they can. I need you to find the remains of my company and reunite them. If any of them survive they may help you, with them we still may have a chance. So I beg of you. I implore you. Help us. You may be our only hope.

The image faded away.

Ping_me felt tired. What had happened. Where had they all gone. Had they given up. Were they dead. Was their still hope. Ping_me winced as he thought of Ji'tory and what Bazaal has had years to do to her! Merlin stood nearby with Anna watching over Ping_me. For he was indeed their last best hope.

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited December 01, 1999).]

~Merlin
1999-12-01, 7:32 PM #19
--well, since the time stream has been moved ahead 9 years, It gives a good basis for an idea that I had for this story, but now it'll be a little harder. well, here it goes.--

Ping_Me stepped outside of the Citadel only to see a world that was once filled with beauty, turned dark. The sky had turned black and the forest seemed darker than usual. In the distance, Ping could see the faint figures of people fighting. He ran to see what was going on. He reached the fighting to see four figures fighting what can only be described as Lava Deamons. He reackonized 2 of the people as Reayun(sp?) and Avenger, but the other 2 was covered by a cloak. The Lava Deamons lauched large fireballs at the party of 4, they scattered and began to attack. Reayun slashed at one of the Lava Deamons legs, the deamon screamed out in pain as the air touched the warm lava in it's body. The leg of the Deamon became solid and broke apart under the weight of the deamon. Avenger ran up and attacked the injured deamon with a vengance, not stopping till the deamon stopped glowing red. He turned to see the other 2 fighting with precision. Both of them weaved in and out attacking and returning out of harms way. As he looked closer, he could tell that one of them was female and the other was male. The deamon swiped at the female, she ducked in time but her hood fell off and reveiled her face. Ping reackonized her as Lina, his attention then turned to the other as he unleashed with a barrage of energy attacks. He then knew that he had found some of his friends. He walked up to them and greeted them. "Hey guys, how's it been?" he said. They all turned to look at him and Lina almost started to cry at the site of him. "Well Ping, it's been awhile. Nice to see you again." Shawn said as he removed his hood and walked up to Ping. Everyone returned to Merlin's Citadel and filled Ping in on everything that had happened.

---------------------------------------------
note: now that it has been 9 years later, Bazaal has had time to recruit new Dark Wizards. Merlin, do you mind thinking of some of them, plus since your dead [http://198.92.131.6/html/frown.gif] you can be Bazaal some times, you know just to show how much he has gained over the years, after all, you know more about him than us. just a suggestion. well, C ya later.

------------------
"I can become enraged like Vegeta, if i smile, run...................very fast."

"Semper Fi"
1999-12-01, 8:28 PM #20
Merlin looked down from the heavens again. Indeed the world had changed! Outlying the Elven lands were enemy camps of undead. The Elves where putting up a fight, but were slowly being pushed back. The king had died in an earlier campagin. Sakana due to his magical skills took up the leadership role. He had learned much sense then. He had some of Merlin's books which pretained to the study of the mages in this world. From their he learned to further his magic skills, though he was by no means as good as Merlin had been in life. Human's to were putting up fight. But not a good one. Now only the main castle where Merlin had seen the king's duaghter's wedding 9 years ago, was their last strong hold now underseige. The sword "Cosilium ex Deo" still lay in the stone where it fell 9 years ago. Now the seas imeditately souround Bazaal's castle had receded into a vast lakes of lava. The Beuto where no immune either. Their city where Dragonfly ruled now lay in ruins in the sky. Though Dragonfly and his people where still alive, they were rebuilding the ruins of their city. The Merfolk were now girding them selves up for when Bazaal would strike their homes. And the dwarves and goblins had formed an alliance and sealed their tunnels in hopes Bazaal wouldn't bother to hunt them out of existence. The Stygians where now either all gone or all under Bazaal's control. In a newly formed southern desert another tower had formed as well and in it brooded a dark Orca. Sakana and his fellow soldiers had gone off to the wars on the Elven front. Shawn, Lina, Avenger, and Reyuan had gone into hiding. Gebohq had vanished without a trace. Some say he became a crazy old hermit in the misty mountians.

Yes the world had changed! Now Bazaal had grown older for evil weights upon you and the years are like boulders! Now Bazaal looked far older, his raven black hair now streaked with gray, his face old and wrinkled. Yet he still wore his power as he had before, no less, no more.

And at Bazaal's right hand stood Ji'tory, not looking a day older since she was taken that fateful day of the battle. Merlin saw her and looked to the day she would be free again, not wishing think of how many times Bazaal had taken her in those 9 years. The only consolation Merlin had was that he knew she would remember nothing from the moment she was under Bazaal's control to the moment the ended it. It would all be the same instant for her. Oh, but what a world to wake to!

Bazaal had brought back Apathis, for he hadn't died, he merely "phased out" as if int a coma. Bazaal now appointed him his second in command. Carnid, now stood as thrid. Bug had continued his training in magic and was 4th. Only in the past few days had Kricha had been sent out into the villages and lands now under Bazaal's control to find people who had the skills to replace those wizards lost in the previous battle 9 years earlier.

Now Ping_me, Shawn, Lina, Avenger, Reyuan now stood in the dusty remains of Merlin's citadel, as it lay unused since the day the party disolved.

--sorry, I edited it, I meant Apathis not Kricha had been brought back. Kricha is dead.--

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited December 03, 1999).]

~Merlin
1999-12-02, 5:08 AM #21
Orca sat in his tall tower, looking out over the barren wastelands that once sprouted trees and animals in abundance. Indeed, it was this sight that kept him motivated. He had been a 1 man army now for years, and had been a royal pain in Bazaal's side for 9 years now. Three full armies of Bazaal's had fallen before Orca's power, and now Bazaal was in essance leaving Orca alone, especially after Orca killed a new recruit Dark Wizard. Now, Orca has called bug to him. Reluctantly, bug comes.
Orca-Ah, bug. I was expecting you.
Bug-Of course you were, you invited me here! Now, tell me what you want before I blast you to bits!
Orca-Now, don't be too hasty. You don't want to end up like him, do you?
*Orca points to the dried out corpse of the dead dark wizard. He also has the heads of all of Bazaal's old dark wizards hung on the wall.*
Bug-Well, who ever said you could beat a Rail Detonator?
Orca-Noone. But, I think, bug, you would find my employ a bit better for you.
Bug-Why?
Orca-How long has it been since you've used that rail detonator?
Bug-6 years I think.
Orca-Exactly. I propose that you join me, and we take out Bazaal. I will make you my second in command.
Bug-Great! Count me in! When do we strike?
Orca-Tomorrow. We launch our first raid in 1 1/2 years tomorrow.
-Orca also has all(stress all!) the animals that he meets on his side. This, however, is his only army. He can talk to animals as well. Remember the Ice Pheonix, guys? Well, I'm going to call him out of hybernation to serve as my personal mount. Bazaal, look out! Oh, and please, noone continue this storyline unless you arrive and are present.-

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-02, 9:10 AM #22
Sakana paced back and forth nervously along the golden carpet of his oversized tent. The long robes of king and general flowed aroung him. He had almost forgotten how long he had been wearing them, or even if there had ever been a time in his life where he didn't wear them. The years had been long and hard, ever since that day. They had all barely gotten away with their lives. His troop had survived miraculously, but it wasn't untill a couple of weeks later that Randon and Sa'teyan stumbeled into the elven capital. The had some strange contraption with them. They were pretty beat up.

There was a long period of silence from Bazaal's castle. For a while Sakana had thought they had won but then stories of huge armies of undead began to come from the frontier lands. They crushed everything in their paths. As they came it seemed as if the death of everything came with them. Vegetaion and wildlife died in their wake. Most of the Northern lands were now wastelands, nothing but rocky, clay, windswept wastes. He had seen the area around Merlin's Citadel (which was now referred to as Hope's Last Stand) was miraculously still forested. But it was perpetually brown, like a neverending autumn, as if some magical force was battleing the endless corruption around it trying desperately to keep the forest alive.

There was a rustling outside the tent, and Sakana froze in place. His gaurds, Herudo and Jarcanan seemed not to notice. Maybe only he could hear it.

Suddenly out of the corner of his eye he saw something fly at him. Time seemed to slow down. He whirled around and threw his hand out. Immeadiatly the projectile erupted in fire and quickly melted out of the air. Within the next second Jarcanan and Herudo were on the would-be assassin. With lightning speed, honed by years of fighting undead, tore it to peices. Sakana stepped outside the tent to examine the assassin. The stink of rotting flesh filled the air. The undead had a crossbow in his hand. It was wearing a cloak that shimmered as it moved. "This would explain how easily it had managed to get into the camp so easily," Sakana said fingering the cloak.

"We're very sorry your highness.." Jarcanan said.

"Don't worry about it Jarcanan," Sakana said. "You couldn't see him at first anyway. Not even I could." This had been the third attempt on his life in the past month, and each time the assassin's were beginning to get better and better at their work. "And quit calling me "your highness", I'm still Sakana."

"Yes, your highness," Jarcanan said. Sakana rolled his eyes.

They were camped on the outer fringes of the forest, and night covered the land. There were no stars in the sky, but that was common. It had been that way ever since the war on the elven front had begun. That had been years ago. It was like a world without skies.

Sakana had heard that the expression "A world without skies" denoted life without a future. Despair. He knew it was only a trick of Bazaal, but still he could not get by it. Even with his own power he couldn't change things.

//I'd better stop thinking about that before I go crazy// he said as he began to feel helpless and lost. Jarcanan and Herudo sat back at their posts by the tent entryway, while Sakana went back inside the tent. He lifted a sheet that covered a strange object. With the sheet covering it, it might have looked like a table or something. But this was something he had been fiddling with ever since Randon and Sa'teyan told their story about it. It had seemed that Ping_Me had died after a battle with the entity that was gereated by this thing. They told him that this thing was created by magic and was as powerful as Ping_me. Sakana figuerd that if he could resurrect this thing it could be a valuable asset in the salvation of his people...

Just want to say that My e-mail adress in now available above this message.

------------------
How come Superman could stop bullets with his
chest, but always had to
duck when someone threw a gun at him?

[This message has been edited by Ping_Me (edited December 02, 1999).]
1999-12-02, 2:35 PM #23
Bug rolls his eyes as he leaves. "What a dumbass" he thinks as he walks out the door.

"He's going to defeat Bazaal by himself? Yeah right. I probably shouldn't get involved, but I'd hate to be fighting on Bazaal's side if he does win. That Orca has got some serious mental problems, collecting dried up bodies and heads. Now, all I have to do is pretend I'm on his side for the next year and a half, then when he does attack I can betray him if he starts to lose."

------------------
‹^› //‹{°;°}›\\ ‹^›
1999-12-02, 7:12 PM #24
--I am writing this next scene to give you a better idea of what Bazaal is like. And of Ji'tory's state.--

Bazaal sat in his stone throne alone with Ji'tory in his throne room. Only somewhat to the right and at his feet is Ji'tory. She is in a kneeling postion on a plush pillow. She faces away from Bazaal. She stares foward unseeingly, as if in a day dream. But she is rather in an unending dream, where her mind is as if it were asleep, with her body and every expression under Bazaal's intimate control. She no longer wears the clothing she did nine years before now she wears a short, nearly revealing skirt and a top which covers her shoulders and chest, but stops there leaving her stomach exposed. She is otherwise unadorned. Her brown hair having grown long to midway down her back. She sits there on her knees, upon the plush red cushon, with legs together, and her hands one atop the other laying in her lap. She looks foward with that absient minded expression. In an innocent look of expectation. Bazaal sits there in his dark throne, he now reaches out with his ungloved hand and gentlely runs his fingers through her soft brown hair. Stroking to the point of caress as he runs his hand through her hair.

At one point he pauses in mid stroke. Then carefully gathering some of her hair in his hand his he yanks downward viciously, baring her throat, forcing her to look upward. Her arms and hand fly outward from her lap. He hands splayed in agony. She cries out in pain, and tears run down her face, her lips tremble and she whimpers inaudiable in pain. Though in truth she feels nothing, for her mind sleeps. No, every expression of suffering, every whimper, every cry of pain, and every tear were as Bazaal commanded, for her pain gave him pleasure and aroused him.

And as her lips were still trembling and tears now trickle from the corners of her eyes down the side of her face, downward into her hair as Bazaal's firm grasp forces her to keep her neck bared.

Now Bazaal leans foward and with his other ungloved hand he gentlely strokes her bared throat with the finger tips of his middle and index finger. The motion of his fingertips across her bared throat, not unlike that of a knife as it slits a man's throat. Bazaal stroked back and forth across her naked throat in an unloving caress. Her arms and hands go limp at her sides. Her body seems to relax. If again liked to knife, the back and forth motion of Bazaal's fingers, are not like the knife used in a quick motion simply to cut open the arteries and veins to let one's blood flow free, and one's life with it, but rather as if that knife continued to slide back and forth, as to carve into the throat, to severe not just arteries and veins, but flesh, cord, muscle, and tendon as life stuggles fleetingly in pain.

Bazaal, now satisfied, withdraws his touch from her naked throat. He abrubtly lets go of her hair and slowly she returns her head to its normal position. Not moving to wipe the tears from her face, she resumes that vacant stare, emotionless face, that innocent look of expectation.

[This message has been edited by Merlin (edited December 02, 1999).]

~Merlin
1999-12-02, 10:41 PM #25
AAAHHHH!!! Bazaal has serious mental problems too! Now I'm afraid to work for either of them. [http://198.92.131.6/html/wink.gif]

------------------
‹^› //‹{°;°}›\\ ‹^›
1999-12-03, 4:58 AM #26
-Well, Orca meant something different than you thought Bug, Orca meant he hadn't launched an attack in 1 and 1/2 years, he was going to attack Bazaal the next day. He has dried up corpses to scare away opponents. I will write more later, but I don't have the time now.-

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-03, 5:19 AM #27
-I got another idea, I thought maybe Orca could finally meet Bazaal, and be ready for a final showdown when the good party walks in and subdues Orca, setting the stage for the final fight. Also, Orca has the aid of many various "monsters" such as Basilisks, Medusa, Ogres, etc.-
*A large army of animals is secretly clustered around a huge crater where Bazaal's magic minions summon lava demons. Orca stands at the head of this massive army, and bug nervously stays back from the front lines.*
Orca-All right, Retrara(A tiger), gather your forces on the other side of the crater, and we'll attack.
*Down inside the crater are a few hundred skeleton warriors and a few dozen Lava Demons.*
Orca-This won't be pretty.
*Suddenly, a squad of 8 foot Ogres rush in from the North side of the crater, bashing down the skeletons with their mighty clubs.*
Orca(Over commlink to Retrara)- Okay, the Ogres have done their part... LAUNCH!
*Flocks of armed animals, accompanied by vollies of arrows, slice through enemy lines, tossing aside opponent after opponent.*
Bug-Well, Orca may have mental problems, but he sure knows how to organize a powerful assault!
*Orca jumps forward, lightsaber swinging. He personally takes down three lava demons and eighteen skeleton warriors before the dust of battle clears and his forces are victourious.*
Retrara-I have the casualty report. We lost one ogre from the ogre force, and eight animals from my force. What about you?
*Orca smiles*
Orca-1 casualty, a scout rabbitt.
*Retrara looks at Orca, very impressed*
Orca-Don't think to much of it, I was gaurding my troops after all.
*The seventeen remaining ogres haul a giant magical stone block into place, and plug the summoning hole*
Orca-They'll have to pry the password out of my cold, dead body if they want to know how to summon more lava demons! Come on, lets go to out ambush positions before the reinforcements on their way ambush us! Its time to reverse the surprise, and for Bazaal to weep his heart out at his casualties!

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-03, 9:09 AM #28
--Actually Bazaal isn't crazy, he's just evil. His actions, which by the way the scene did spring directly as a thought from my darker side, are a twisted mixture of passion and domination. Note the strange anology between a lovers caress, and the violent dominating actions (hair pulling), and that the stroking action is rather than compared to the loving touch of a partner, is compared to the control of a person with a knife at your throat.

I hope this gave everyone a better veiw into his mind. If you really wanted that.--

~Merlin
1999-12-03, 12:36 PM #29
-I would like to encourage people to come to my story, "A New Universe of Evil". Now that I have made that advertisement, on with the show.-
*A huge column of undead is approaching the crater. Orca estimates it at one of Bazaal's Dead Eyes, his battalion equivelent of several hundred troops.*
Orca-Well, my troops, it looks like we may have bitten off more than we can chew.
*The twenty five animals who are lying in ambush with Orca nod their heads, but ready their bows.*
Bazaalian Vampire-Come out, oh animals, whereever you are! Its time for recharging of ME and death of YOU!
*An arrow flies from a giant lava rock and strikes the vampire. He falls over and looks rather dead. But two dozen skeleton archers start bombarding the rock*
Orca-Oh great, bye bye Hitula.
*Indeed, the small goblin sniper falls with an arrow in his chest only a few seconds later. However, a second arrow from him was on its way, and it strikes and brings down a Wraith.*
Orca-ATTACK!
*89 animals burst out of hiding, slinging arrows at the enemy while three ogres emerge and come running toward the enemy, their mission to knock at the archers. Orca himself is in the thick of the dray, swatting his opponents aside with practiced ease.*
*An hour later, the scent of rotting flesh fills the battlefield. The entire undead force we destroyed, but 54 animals died in the fight, and two of the ogres were also brought down. Orca and his troops returned to Orca's tower, with both a sense of victory and a sadness for their comrades that wouldn't be returning burning in their minds.*

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-03, 1:50 PM #30
After the battle, Orca walked the lines of his animal troops. "Good work, men! This is just the type of decisive victory we need to finally overthrow Bazaal and cleanse this world of his evil!"

In the middle of his speech, Orca spots a small black rat amid his ranks, listening as attentively as any of them. He walked up to the rodent.

"And what's your name, solider?"

"Squeak freakin' squeak squeak," the rat responded sardonicly.

"I knew it!" Orca shouted, igniting his saber. "Dirtbag! I don't know how you returned from the grave, but I'm going to put you back in it!"

But Dirtbag held his ground. "Don't be so friggin' uptight, fish-brain. I ain't here to cause any problems this time. Bazaal used me, and I'm gonna see him swallow his own entrails. Kapeesh?"

Orca hesitated. "I'd be a fool to believe you, after all you've done."

"And you think refusing my services would make you less of one? Orca, honey, baby, sweety, you'd be a fool no matter what you chose to do. So eh? Eh? Do we have a deal?"

Orca narrowed his eyes at the vermin. "Be gone, you loathsome rodent. Next time I see you, be assured blood will flow. Yours."

"Say it, don't spray it, big guy," Dirtbag responded, as he waved his fingers in the air, creating a dark void in space/time. "Did I forget to mention I've picked up a few tricks meanwhile? Anywhoo, I guess I'll go see if your ex-compatriots will be more open-minded. Adios, sucker." And with that, he jumped into the small black hole and disappeared.
1999-12-03, 1:55 PM #31
--sounds like the story is going along smooth, ohh, Orca, The party has to be reunited before we can make a faceoff with you and Bazaal.--

The sun had started to descend on the Misty mountains. The sky was filled with the colors or orange and black as the day was parting. Shawn stood on the main balcony of Merlin's Citadel looking at the sun setting over the Misty mountians. He couldn't help but wonder if their was something he could have done 9 years ago to stop Bazaal and his power. He wondered if there would have been some way to have stopped Merlin's death. He thought about Ji'tory, and all of the time that Bazaal had to do anything with her. He eyes survaied the land, pondering what to do next. "Are you alright?" said a gental voice. He reckonized the voice and question too easliy, he had been asked it over and over again for 9 years now. "Lina, sorry I'm not there with the rest of you. It's just that.." before he could continue Lina said "I know, I feel just as you do about everything Shawn. don't worry, we'll bring everyone back together and stop Bazaal for good." she drew closer to him and watched as the sun finialy descended behind the Misty Mountains. "Don't worry Shawn, we'll save Ji'tory, and stop Bazaal." She looked at Shawn and smiled. "It's happening again." he said and Lina looked at him with a puzzled look on her face. "What is?" she said and Shawn pointed to the Elven forest, "Bazaal is attacking the Elves again." he replied. Lina looked and saw what could only be described from this distance as black rows moving into the forest. A closer view would have yeilded black skeletons moveing in with weapons sharpened and ready to kill.

Shawn and Lina had rejoined the rest of the small party and told them of the attack. "We need to bring the rest of the party together. We'll need and wizard to help against Bazaal, Sakana would be the best person for that. Ping_Me, I think that you should go and try to persuade him to help us. Me and Lina will goto the Bureto Capitial, at least what remains of it, and ask Dragonfly for his help. Reyaun and Avenger should go and try to persuade the humans to help us, after this, we'll try to find Gebohq and anyone else. Then we'll get the goblins, dwarfs, and dragons to help us." Shawn said. Ping_Me looked at Shawn,(he had changed alot since the Battle at the Castle.) he thought. "After we have everyone together,"he continued," we can concentrate on Bazaal." But first, lets get some sleep." Everyone agreed and headed to the dusty rooms of the Citadel and hoped that they could rid this world, and all others, of Bazaal.

------------------

"Semper Fi"

[This message has been edited by Shawn Templar (edited December 03, 1999).]
1999-12-03, 2:10 PM #32
-Actually, Dirtbag, your wrong, I would have welcomed your help.-

------------------
-Space Orca

[This message has been edited by Space_Orca (edited December 03, 1999).]
-Space Orca

1999-12-03, 4:37 PM #33
Ok, has somebody read a short story entitled "Leningen versus the Ants" ? Cause that is what the descriptions of the undead seems like, the ants in the story....just curious.....and keep in mind when you visit the Beuto capital, that Dragonfly is slowly helping to rebuild the city and believes there is nothing to be done now,.
Remember! At Massassi, you have NO Constitutional Rights!
1999-12-03, 5:34 PM #34
Outside Bazaal's castle by a small town, Apathis stands before a crowd of young people of different races. The crowd waits in anticipation for what Apathis had to say, for they saw him as an idol to worship, someone they wanted to be and wanted to be with. Apathis charisma swept over the mob of teenageers, a mere movement of the hand enthralled them and sent them yelling. He finally began to speak...

Apathis: "Listen to my words! Bazaal offers a life you always wanted. A life where you are respected, where everything you desired could be yours. Bazaal has trangressed the traditional restrainsts that have kept you from experiencing the freedom you deserve. Defy the law! Defy your elders and join Bazaal in the new era of freedom!"

One of the kids in the crowd yelled out "Down with the old! Follow Bazaal" and then started repeatedly yelling "Bazzal". The others joined quickly, the frenzy speading like wildfire. Apathis smiled with a gleeful satisfaction that Yimir followed his part of the plan. Apathis thought of how much Yimir resembled his father Bazaal and shivered.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
1999-12-03, 5:56 PM #35
---Actually Dragonfly, the picture I get is from the movie "Army of Darkness". Great movie. A classic. You'd laugh your (ahem) off from watching it.---

The winds blew harshly over the barren wastes that were once grasslands and forests. All that were left of the forests was the occational stump in the ground, withered and blasted from sand storms. It had been a long time since he had exited the small wood around Merlin's Citadel, agreeing with Shawn's suggestion that he find Sakana.

He trekked across the miles south between the citadel and the elven lands. There would be trouble once he reached the borders. He was certain the Bazaal's troops would be there in force, trying to enter the elven lands. It was sort of ironic in a way that he was travelling the same route now, that he took so long ago when he first went to the elven lands. Where he first met Ji'tory -now Bazaal's prisoner and sex slave (Ping's face turned to a scowl).

He passed through the mountains without problem. He had even found the very spot where he had buried the giant ogre so long ago. It lay undisturbed as if not a day had passed since the battle was faught. //Some things never change.//

He began to think on the words he had spoken after he had beaten the ogre...

~/~/He aimed explosive blasts into the rock face of the mountian and caused an avalanche. "You're goin to sleep bad boy!" Ping_Me yelled. King sized boulders rained down from above and fell upon the ogre. A deafening roar filled the Mountians to its every nook and crack. He only worsened the situation with his thrashing. Ping_Me watched from upon high untill the rock slide ended. He flew down to the pile of rubble and alighted on it, his robes flying around him in the dust. //Sure I coulda blown his head off at anytime. But I only kill at need. This avalance should keep him buried for a long time.// ~\~\

//I only kill at need? What about Pristine? Did you need to kill her?// She was threatening the lives of both of those elven warriors. She had already killed one, and was ready to kill the girl. She was an instrument of evil. She could not go unhindered. Bazaal would have made sure that she would kill others...

It really didn't matter now. Yes, Ping still loved her. He couldn't deny that fact. He tried to set it aside in his mind. Bazaal surely now had Pristine in his hands. Ping had no way of knowing whether or not those two had been able to protect the projection unit in that last stand. Ping_Me pictured in his mind the two valiant warrior/lovers, battling to the end of their strength, so a weapon of destruction couldn't be used again. There was very little hope that they survived.

Sorrow made him stop in his tracks. The wind whipped around him in an unceascing howl, blowing the sand and dirt around him. His hair and robes were completely unaffected by the dust storm. He silently said a fervent prayer for the two elves and continued on his way.

Night fell. Ping_Me counted himself lucky that he could go on without sleep, while the forces of darkess needed their ugly rest. To say that the Undead encampment was as silent as the grave would be both a pun and an understatement. Ping slowly lifted himself off the ground a few inches and slowly picked his way among the sleeping undead. After what seemed an eternity he reached the eaves of the forest. They were already beginning to die under the stress of the impending assault. He slowly slipped into the shadows of the trees...

------------------
How come Superman could stop bullets with his
chest, but always had to
duck when someone threw a gun at him?

[This message has been edited by Ping_Me (edited December 03, 1999).]
1999-12-03, 6:23 PM #36
As the glowing sun began to set over the Misty Mountians, Gebohq, now a hermit squated down near a clear fast running mountian stream with his gourd gathering water for cooking tonights dinner. He no longer wore his armor, now it was carefully packed away into a chest back in his cave hermitage. He packed it away because he couldn't stand to look at it, let alone wear it. It reminded him of the man he had once been. The man that challenged Apathis and won. The one who had fought in that great assualt and lost. The one who left his friends after the funeral. The one who became a useless hermit now simply eeking out a living on the harsh cliffs of the Misty Mountians. He now wore simply brown robes.

The orangish-pink sunlight filtered down through the mist, making the cyrstal clear water of the river turn peach like tint. As Gebohq looks up and sees, or rather sees through, a man near the river.

Gebohq backs away instictively.

He now gets a better look at the strange ghost. He looked to be a man in his early twenties. He had short auburn hair and a full beard. He had a kind expression on his face.

"Hello Gebohq." said the ghost calmly.

"Who the heck are you?!" shouted Gebohq, his voice echoed off the cliffs.

"Let us say, someone concerned with your well being" said the ghost pleasantly.

"My well being is my own affair." said Gebohq in a tone with all the inflections of the creak of a rusty metal hinge, "I don't need any help from any . . .infernal spirits!"

"Gebohq. . ." the ghost began.

"Gebohq nothing!" Gebohq finished and turned and marched with haste back to his hermitage.

The ghost watched on, then faded away.

~Merlin
1999-12-04, 1:05 PM #37
-I think this will serve to set up a small encounter with the party, so they can see who Orca is now.-
*Meanwhile, Orca's armies are creating massive havok on Bazaal's forces. Already, Orca owns approximatly a fourth of the "scorched lands", and this area is slowly regrowing. Orca's armies of animals are already slowly creeping up on Bazaal's main fort used to besiege Merlin's citadel and keep goodness from escaping.*
Orca-This will be our toughest battle yet, but if we can win, we will spread out influence throughout the surrounding land.
*Orca's troops move closer, watching as hundreds, almost a thousand, undead make their way around the giant stronghold. Undoubtably another thousand or so wait inside.*
Orca-All right, everyone fan out. Keep the fort under siege. Bazaal is about to meet a... old friend of his...
*Orca utters some magic words and the giant Ice Pheonix swoops from the heavens and lands next to Orca. The animals silently cheer as Orca jumps on top of the beast and streaks into the sky*
Orca-Bombs... AWAY!
*With that, Orca flings a small packet of gunpower over the side with a match right behind it. The primitive explosive lands in the middle of the fort, causing a massive explosion and creates a giant, roaring fire.*
Orca-Hail, servents of Bazaal! Meet your doom!
*The Ice Pheonix rakes the compound, turning many of the undead into solid ice, and destroying the Lava Demons on contact.*
Orca-ATTACK!
*Several thousands animals flood out of concealment, attacking the confused defenders of the fort. Orca continues to freeze undead, then swoops into the center of the base and dismounts the Ice Pheonix by the fire.*
Orca-Ice Pheonix, the time has come. The time for you and your brother to fight together! Aja Kansasa Manack Fires Hastana Kuplana Pheonixia!
*The Fire Pheonix jumps out of the fire, leaving it only a pile of ashes. The twin beasts collide, reinforcing each other and making each more strong than before. They quickly mow down all the remaining undead.*
Orca-Casualties?
Animal Luitenant-Good work sir, we only lost 28 creatures.
Orca-So we did very well?
Aniaml Luitenant-VERY well.
Orca-Good Pheonixes, good pheonixes.

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-04, 3:14 PM #38
--I'm just writing to tell you that since Merlin is dead, he has no magical powers any longer, rather he is a servant of God. In this he has no power himself. When their are acts of power, their God's, not Merlin. Merlin only acts as God's tool. Thus anytime Merlin does do something powerful it is only because God empowers him to do so at that point. Just so that you understand what I mean. (because in this tale, God is not some being that is just out there, but an caring being that drives all things to a good end, but also at times restrains his power to allow others free will, which God allows by his very nature). Just to be clear about that. Thanks.--

Merlin and Anna appear in Bazaal's throne room. The room is well lit, yet still holds darkness. Bazaal sits in his dark throne, and Ji'tory at his right, sitting upon that plush cushion, her face expressionless, her face still wet with recent tears.

Anna quickly kneels down next to Ji'tory, reaching out her hand to wipe the tears from her face. Then Anna pauses, slowly withdrawing her hand, since she can not wipe away Ji'tory's tears. Anna looks back up to Merlin. Merlin looks down at Anna with love, then to Ji'tory with compassion, then at Bazaal with a mixture of pity and anger.

Merlin stepped back from Bazaal so that he stood in the middle of the room. Then Merlin materialized.

Bazaal wasn't even shocked, just filled with icy cold rage.

"I thought I killed you Merlin." Bazaal said cooly, evenly.

"You did." said Merlin softly."And what you've come back to haunt me!" Bazaal laughed coldly at the idea.

"No. To ask you to do something for your own sake." Merlin said quitely.

"And what would that be." Bazaal said with and edge to his voice like a knife.

"Repent." Merlin siad quitely.

"Repent!" Bazaal half laughing half choking on the words, to what sounded to him the most absurd proposal ever. "Maybe I bashed your head hard enough to make you crazy, Merlin." Now Bazaal's tone turns to an edge of anger "In case you haven't noticed I practically own this world! Here I am a god!"

"But in all your power Bazaal, even if you rule this world, you still can't escape death." Merlin said softly.

"And in case you haven't noticed Merlin, soon enough I'll be immortal! I have power, I have life, and soon after I conquer this world I will have immortality." Bazaal said with passion.

Merlin closed his eyes and shook his head gentlely. "I have seen a place prepared for you in Hell, Bazaal. Repent, or you'll find it your destiny."

"I have choosen my destiny. And it lies here!" Bazaal said with a livid rage!

Now Bazaal regained his composure. "Oh, and Merlin, I'm sure you've noticed Ji'tory is still mine. I have many long nights to enjoy her."

Merlin took a quick glance toward Ji'tory. She sat there still expressionless. Nearby stood Anna. Anna wore an expression of disgust. Merlin knew exactly how she felt, but he was here for a purpose, even if it might be futile.

"How are you going to save her Merlin?!" Bazaal spat out!

"I don't need to. God will in time." Merlin said with perhaps more serenity than he felt.

Bazaal began to snicker, then burst out in to full mocking laughter. "God! The biggest fool of them all!" Bazaal screeched!

Merlin faded from Bazaal's veiw. Merlin walked over and stood by Anna for a few moments looking at poor Ji'tory. Then they were gone.

~Merlin
1999-12-05, 4:04 AM #39
-Well, Merlin, just posting this to let you know, don't even MENTION god in front of Orca, or try to make him think you are powered by him, Orca will probably go into a fit of anger.-

------------------
-Space Orca

-Space Orca

1999-12-05, 8:49 AM #40
--Well, I think its about time I did some writeing of my own.--

Shawn and Lina set off for the Bueto capital. Lina looked at Shawn "Ummm, just how are we supposed to get up there Shawn?" she asked with a puzzled look on her face. "I'm not completely sure, but I might be able to get us up there." he said looking up at the sky, then looked next to him to meet Lina's eyes. He said to her happily "Lina, for the first time, in a long time, things are starting to look up." She smiled and he returned the simle. Lina giggled abit and they stopped in their tracks. "What, what is it?" he asked, a bit confuised. "Ohhh, nothing, nothing at all." she replied with a sense of humor in her voice. Shawn, a bit puzzled, shrugged his shoulders and they continued their march to the Bueto capital.

"Lets head for........(he looks around)that mountian over there." Shawn said. Lina looked at the mountain and asked "Are you sure that's the way to the Bueto capital?" He looked at her and replied "I'm certain. When we returned to Merlin's citadel, I was looking around and found a map of this world. It shows the location of every race on this world." Shawn and Lina head for the mountian, weary of a dark presence ahead; although, not sure if the presence is in their future, or just ahead, lurking in the woods that surrounded the mountain ahead.

------------------

"Semper Fi"

↑ Up to the top!