Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The gift you give...
The gift you give...
2003-12-11, 2:41 PM #1
At least for the past 2 or 3 years Christmas has been more about giving gifts and spending time with family rather than just recieving gifts like it is when you're a kid.

So, that's what this thread is about, the gifts you are giving people this year.

For my Dad, I will be spending a sizable chunk of change this year. It alone will probably be more than all the other gifts combined. At Fry's we sell wireless weather stations, and since my Dad has always been interested in the weather, I'm gonna get him that. It costs $499.99, but after my discount it'll go down to about $323.00 or so. I might also buy him and my step-mother a basic DVD player or something since they don't have one yet.

For my Mom, I bought her a DVD, me and my brother are going half on a nice framed poster, and I'm gonna get her something else but not yet sure what.

For my brother, probably some nice Oakleys, also at a discount from the store my best friend works at.

For my Grandma and Grandpa, me and my brother are going together on a nice big gourmet chocolate something or another. Not too sure, he bought it and it was already wrapped. Also, a good few of some ties I bought from the mall came with matching Hankerchiefs, which are silk with some really nice designs. I might give them to him since most Christmases me or my brother usually get him a pack of hankerchiefs anyway.

For my Grandma on my Dad's side, I might get her a gift card to JCPenny's, but giftcards are so boring, I might actually get her something from there or something.

Finally, for my best friend, I think I might go half with him when he decides to buy some subwoofers for his Jeep.

Man, I'm gonna be spending a lot of money this year. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

Anyone else care to share?

------------------
Please frame your insults in the form of a question.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2003-12-11, 3:19 PM #2
I love to give. Too bad I don't have any money.. I know if I did I'd probably spend it all on other people. I never really feel good about spending money on myself. :/

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-11, 3:36 PM #3
Arrrgh, gifts. It's not Christmas Eve yet, I choose not to think about such decisions [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-11, 3:42 PM #4
Spork you madman, you want to do your Xmas shopping on Xmas eve? In the city? With all those people and where there is never any parking to begin with? Are you insane?
2003-12-11, 3:54 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Run:
Spork you madman, you want to do your Xmas shopping on Xmas eve? In the city? With all those people and where there is never any parking to begin with? Are you insane?

</font>

He can always steal those cars' tires. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-12-11, 4:02 PM #6
Wife: CSI Season 2 DVD boxset
Father: A Fish Called Wanda DVD
Mother: Insomnia DVD
Brother: Trainz 2004 Railroad Simulator (don't ask)

As you can see DVD's have made gift giving a hell of a lot easier for a lazy **** like me.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian & A Very Massassian Xmas
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2003-12-11, 4:33 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Run:
Spork you madman, you want to do your Xmas shopping on Xmas eve? In the city? With all those people and where there is never any parking to begin with? Are you insane? </font>

City? Hell no. I'll just go to Doncaster or Chadstone, where the people-per-square-inch is at a relatively low 7 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited December 11, 2003).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-11, 4:40 PM #8
I can't say....My brother browses these forums, he would find out what I gave him.

------------------
Official Staff of Massassi Temple:
-Chat Op
-Level Poster
-Forum Admin
-Level Comments Admin
-EC Admin

Moral to the Story: Don't Mess
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!