Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → Captain Cadpill Returns
Captain Cadpill Returns
2002-02-08, 5:24 AM #1
In our last episode, Captain Cadpill never did find Wass. Unfortunately, things got too weird, and the writers gave up on them. But now they are back, and with a new arch enemy; Skampeey. Let's join in on them now, and see what's happening.

The mighty ship, USS Antarprese floats above Terra, docked to the Terra Space Station. Aboard, on the bridge, Captain Sran Cadpill and his crew are preparing to jump into Atomic Blastoff.

Sran Cadpill: What the? How'd we get here?

SpandexX: huh?

Sran Cadpill: Well, last I knew, we were going after Wass, and I was going below to search the cargo holds of our new ship...

SpandexX: Well, sir. We must have encountered some strange spacial time distortion or someth-

MissusJupiton: Oh give it a rest. Sir, the writers got bored with us, and now Sarn_Cadrill is trying to revive us.

Sran Cadpill: Oh... I suppose it could be interesting. Now then, on to find Wass! *Take charge gesture*

Wass: Umm, sir?

Sran Cadpill: Not now, Wass... I'm trying to take cha- Wass? What the heck are you doing here?

Wass: Umm, I guess the writer decided I should be part of the crew for this episode... Perhaps I'll betray you later. We'll see.

Sran Cadpill: Well, ahh... Then who am I going after?

*A console beeps*

Admiral Sian Noemean: (over speaker) Captain Cadpill, I'm transmitting your orders over to you now.

MissusJupiton: (whispered to SpandexX) Did Sarn_Cadrill spell Sian's name right?

SpandexX: Beats me, the Admiral was only mentioned once in our last story... I don't remember how it was spelled.

Sran Cadpill looks over the orders

Sran Cadpill: (muttering to himself) You are to proceed forthwith to the planet Runeyscaep, carrying whatever supplies may be deemed necessary. Once there, you are to search the planet for any signs of insurrection, and if found you are to el- (louder now) Ahh, forget it... MJ, what are we doing?

MissusJupiton: Ahh, go to Runeyscaep, and put down the uprising there.

Sran Cadpill: Umm, ok... Let's do it! *take charge gesture*
---------------

[Writer's note: The insurrection is to be found to have been led by the evil Dr. Skampeey]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2002-02-08, 10:33 AM #2
Could be promising, but I'm not going to touch this unless specifically requested to [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
http://jaggedconscience.serveftp.com/

Jagged Conscience
2002-02-09, 4:52 PM #3
This could be interesting. I'll be on hand.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2002-02-11, 1:29 AM #4
Confusion reigns over the sudden shift in the crew's situation, but some things in life are constant...

Sran: SpandexX, get us under way.

SpandexX: Get us under way!

*MissusJupiton rolls her eyes*

SpandexX: Secure all securables...

*Several hours later, the ship jumps to Atomic Blastoff, heading for the remote planet of Runeyscaep.*

Sran: MissusJupiton, report please.

MissusJupiton: Currently cruisung at a speed of AB5.3, engines at peak efficiency, power steady, and you haven't started an auto-destruct sequence yet.

Sran: Very good, return to your post.

MissusJupiton: WHAT?!? I havn't left my post!

Sran: Well, just stay there then.

*MissusJupiton remains at her post, and the ship continues its trek through the stars.*

MissusJupiton: Sir! Approaching Runeyscaep. Sensors are detecting an insurrection.

Sran: Wow, that was easy. I didn't know sensors could do that.

MissusJupiton: Can I suggest an away team, sir?

Sran: No, I've got a better idea - how about an away team?

SpandexX: Excellent strategy, sir.

MissusJupiton: Hey...

As Sran once again takes credit for MissusJupiton's tactical prowess, what will the crew find down on Runeyscaep?
2002-02-11, 5:53 AM #5
Sran Cadpill: Ok then... We'll go down in two tea-

MissusJupiton: (muttered) Oh great... Not the fireteams again...

Sran: No, although that was an excellent strategy. I've decided we'll do things a little differently this tome. So, two teams. The first team will be led by myself, and will include Wass, MissusJupiton, and two ensigns. The second team will be led by SpandexX and will include lerdvaddar, Kiteoid Turrastie, the new Gunner Haceylan [haha, ignore that!], and one ensign.

SpandexX: Excellent distribution of ensigns, Sir. That should help to ensure that no important crew members are killed off.

Sran: Yes of course... Now then, let's get going. Assemble in docking bay 4!

MissusJupiton: Ahh, sir? The Antarprese only has 3 docking bays...

Sran: Ahh, right... That's what I said, docking bay 3! *Sran swishes his fist in the air.

SpandexX: Excellent hand manouver, Sir...

[Yes, I know I probably spelled manouver wrong... Get over it.]

*The crew leaves the bridge and heads towards docking bay fou- err three. What will be in store for them down on the planet Runeyscaep?*

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2002-02-11, 7:09 AM #6
In the icy cold of the nearby planet dwelled a being of which the crew yet did not know. It was Koobie, the eternal penguin - a representative of a once noble, yet very ancient race. He was called "eternal" because he was frozen in a natural ice cube for ages, and, perhaps, now was the time of his release. It all depended on the crew of the unknown space apparatus with a disabled self-destruct feature (I expect they had none initially) which was about to step foot on the planet. Hopefully they had enough whisky with them to get the penguins motors running.
"We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless." -Oscar Wilde
2002-02-12, 9:19 AM #7
Oh sure, you get to be the eternal penguin :P

------------------
"Rabbits will jump farther if you throw them..."
"Rabbits will jump farther if you throw them..."
2002-02-14, 7:25 AM #8
*The crew is now assembled in Docking Bay Three.*

Sran: Ok then, let's leave.

*Everyone climbs into a landing craft, and MJ guides them down to the planet*

Sran: Nice driving MJ. You may return to your post.

*MissusJupiton pretends not to have heard*

Sran: Come on then...

*Everyone climbs out of the ship into a desert waseland*

SpandexX: (reading script) What the? I thought the Eternal Penguin lived here...

Sran: Hmm, that's odd... Oh well. Let's get going. Everyone split up into your teams.

*The two teams go their seperate ways*

2002-02-14, 11:27 AM #9
*While our intrepid explorers scour the planet for the Eternal_Penguin, a sinister being watches their every move*

Monsieur_Sintiser : *to himself* Yes, yes! All your penguins are belong to me! Muahahahaha!
2002-02-15, 6:44 AM #10
The only thing Koobie was afraid of is that Mister_Sinister, the walking dictionary of grammatical mistakes, will find him first.
"We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless." -Oscar Wilde
2002-12-03, 11:21 AM #11
Haceylan: Yay!!! I'm a character!!
Stan Capdill: That's quite enough from you, gunner.
MissusJupiton: I just thought about what you were saying about that whole 'desert versus iceland tundra' thing.. Have the writers just finally come up with a planet with more than one climate?
SpandexX: Wonderfully observed, most observa- Oh no wait, you're MJ, stare at the blinking lights woman!
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2002-12-03, 12:09 PM #12
Sran Cadpill: Hmm, that's odd... We appear to be in two stories at once... Whaddya know?

SpandexX: Brilliantly deduced, sir.

Sran Cadpill: Hmm, is Quinelleq on this cruise?

MissusJupiton: It would appear so. Quite an odd fellow. I'm glad you didn't send him on this away team.

Haceylan: Wait a second. Sir, didn't we go our seperate ways, about two or three posts ago?

Sran Cadpill: Hmm. yes we did. That's odd. MJ, how are we talking to eachother when we're in two sepearte groups?

MissusJupiton: Captain, don't you remember? We got these fancy new communicators, now.

Sran Cadpill: Oh, right then.

2002-12-04, 11:45 AM #13
(Phew, saved by technology [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif])
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"

↑ Up to the top!