Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → Break from the Genre.
Break from the Genre.
2003-09-02, 7:51 PM #1
A little experiment here. My personal feelings of this board is that we get a little too much organization and that limits progression of a decent story. In addition, the basic Star Wars theme is prevelant in everything. Here's the idea: The writers are limited to three authors. The first simply posts a prologue or the first chapter. The second picks up from there and carries on. Anything any author says goes. That means if the first author was trying to create a western and the third author has the main character draw a lightsaber, everyone has to go with that: It becomes a Western with Lightsabers.

Think of it as combining writing and improv.

I'll be one of the authors for this experiment, so I need two more. Any volunteers (labrats)?

First two to post get the job.

------------------
I am The Teller of Tales and the courier of Truth in Fiction. I am The Reality Maker.
I am The Teller of Tales and the courier of Truth in Fiction. I am The Reality Maker.

Dragon 2 Story Tellers Homepage
2003-09-02, 7:55 PM #2
I'll look into it, depending on how much help you get. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Blue Moon Jedi Mercenaries: Book 0

Quest into new worlds or question the deep parts (and not so deep parts) of life at Merlin's Citadel!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-09-03, 6:56 AM #3
That's two, now we just need one more, so everyone hurry and come help as fast as you can (you wouldn't want someone else getting the job, would you?)

Any Non-massassians can help by e-mailing me at: StoryTime3@hotmail.com

------------------

2003-09-03, 9:48 AM #4
I'm just going to delete this if I don't get more help by Friday. Pity this isn't working out. I was hoping to try it in narrative, rather than script, format.

------------------

2003-09-03, 10:43 AM #5
Okay.

------------------
Rule with an iron fist! And a wooden leg. - Anonymous Australian
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2003-09-03, 12:32 PM #6
Umm... I guess I'll take that as you volunteering. So that means I'll take the Prologue, Gebohq will take Chapter 1 and Tracer will take chapter 2. I'll then take chapter 3 and so on... Good luck gentlemen. Prologue in next post.

------------------

2003-09-03, 12:46 PM #7
Break From the Genre (temp. title)

Prologue:

The voices seemed to die down. I hoped that wasn't only because I thought they would. The delirium was rubbing on the edge of my mind. I could almost feel it struggling to control me. I couldn't panic. If I panicked I would lose. I couldn't lose.

I struggled to pull myself out from under the bed. Pain shot through my side from my wound. The bleeding had stopped yesterday, but it still felt as though seering flames were rising through my flesh.

I sat up slowly. It was all I could do not to scream. My teeth were clenching together so hard it hurt almost as much as my side. The room seemed to tilt and blur around me. I waited for it to stop.

There was a door, no less than three feet in front of me. I had to reach it. I had to get out of here. I had to get help, but I couldn't let them find me. If they found me here, I would have than one open wound to deal with it.

I tried to stand. I failed, falling to the ground. I let out an involuntary moan. I froze, hoping no one had heard. After a minute, when no one came. I stood up again, using the bed for support. A minute later I was on my feet. Dizziness and nausea flooded through me.

I tried to take a step forward. My entire world seemed to focus into a round hole. It was like looking through a piece of pipe. Only around the pipe there seemed to be nothing there.

I froze again and steadied myself. My vision slowly returned.

I tried moving again. This time my sight closed down entirely until I could see nothing at all. My senses began shutting down, until I could feel nothing but the pain in my side. Then I felt myself falling.

Soon even that was gone.

[edit: The forum system doesn't allow spacing for indents (anything more than 2 spaces the forum system eliminates). Remember to space your paragraphs instead of indenting them, so it doesn't look like one big messy paragraph when it's posted. ~Geb]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited September 03, 2003).]

2003-09-03, 12:47 PM #8
I know it's kind of short. We'll just work with it for now. Gebohq, you're up.

↑ Up to the top!