Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
2003-07-10, 3:01 PM #1
This is the story of a great man, a knight of great strength, a man who has a tail.

------------------
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-07-11, 1:45 AM #2
well I'll be damned.

------------------
<Skimpy> a gamer girl thats interested in me is one thing...one that listens to harder music than I do and could own me at ET? thats something totally different
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2003-07-13, 4:32 AM #3
Fill us in, DrkJedi82, I just got here and only caught the tail end of the story.

*Drums*
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-02-27, 12:42 PM #4
The knight stood atop a hill staring at the army heading towards him, he raised his sword and let out a yell and a small boy walked up to him

small boy: why do you have a tail?

knight: because i was born with it

small boy: why?

knight: i don't know

OMG WILL THE SMALL BOY CONTINUE HIS QUESTIONING? WILL THE ARMY DEFEAT THE KNIGHT? WHAT IS THE KNIGHT'S NAME? THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE WILL BE ANSWERED ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF "A KNIGHT'S TAIL"

------------------
wang is within all
2004-02-27, 1:46 PM #5
"Sir, I have traveled far to warn you." said the old wizard. He was standing tired in the dark throne room in front of shadowy figure. Distant sounds echoed from the corners of the darkness. The only light came from a dusty stained-glass window in the high ceiling above the throne chair.

"Who dares to disturb me?" answered the dark figure that was occuping the chair. His deep voice filled the chamber. Along the sides of the throne chair were his arms and hands covered with unremovable stains of blood. His scared body, clad in ancient armor, was laid back. The figure was becoming impatient.

The old wizard trembled a bit. "Well, sir, I have come to warn you about a certain person. He has power that is unrivaled. The stars warn of his coming, and shall defeat all."

A grunt was heard from the man on the throne. He shuffled his body armor. From the lips of the dark face said the words, "Impossible. Take a look outside."

The wizard strolled past the shadowy throne to a small window in the cold walls of the room. He looked in the castle's courtyard. Almost a sea of metallic armor that shined dimly by the sun was seen. Soldiers upon soldiers with hands filled with weapons and sheilds lined up next to each other row after row. But these troops didn't look like regular soldiers but almost mindless creatures following orders. Judging by their formation, they were prepared for some event.

The voice of the dark figure under the faint rays of light spoke again. "My troops aren't human. No human can break them."

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-----@%

An exile of the Soviet Massassi Regime
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-02-28, 8:10 PM #6
Small boy: Well then. I've never known anybody to be born with a tail. Quite unusual.

With this, the boy encircles our brave knight. Walking around him as though he were a maypole in the middle of the village just beyond the south ridge. This action sits unnervingly with our hero.

Knight: You do notice the army on the horizon yes?

Small boy: Yes. My name's Geoffrey, what's yours?

Knight: Go away kid. Lest I lay smite upon you with a force so great that dragons weep when it's unveiled.

Small boy: Dragons eh? What was your name again?

OMG^2!! WHAT IS THIS LITTLE BOY DOING!? CAN HE NOT SEE DANGER COMING CLOSER AT EVERY SECOND!? WHY IS OUR KNIGHT RELUCTANT TO REVEAL HIS IDENTITY TO THIS INNOCENT CHILD!? COULD IT BE BECAUSE YECTI IS WAITING FOR JIM TO NAME HIS CHARACTER!? FIND OUT MORE IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF... A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-02-29, 12:37 PM #7
The man rose from his throne. The dim light now illuminates his face. A network of scars crisscrosses his face, making him look like some kind of hideous patchwork. Bulging muscles ripple beneath his armor, which is covered in runes of power. "Impressive, aren't they? They are merely constructs, created with life magic, but they are far stronger then any human. Well, except for me, of course." He laughs, as the wizard turns away from the window. "But I do not think you would have the stupidity to think this warrior is capable of defeating me, Ni'Kash the Immortal."

"Sir, in fact....", the wizard stops, almost trembling under the fierce gaze of Ni'Kash. He starts again, fervently hoping he will escape this alive: "Well, Sir, the stars say that he is not human, at least not entirely. We have been following him for quite some time, ever since he entered this land. He-" Ni'Kash waved his hand, and the wizard stopped, looking at him nervously. "Since he entered this land? From wence did he come?"

"We do not know, Sir. He traveled across the eastern sea, that much we know. But beyond that we have no idea. He has not been very talkative to anyone, although he boasts much of his power. Normally we would not be concerned with such a man, but, as I said, the stars also tell of his power. Also, your being in power has been... beneficial to us. We would not like to have the present conditions changed."

"Well, i thank you for your support, even though it is not remotely necessary. However, you have done nothing to convince me that this man is a threat. I am immortal. I care not for if he is human or not, I cannot be defeated. Unless you can convince me otherwise, i am going to have you thrown out of here" Ni’Kash raises his hand to summon his guards, but the wizard implores him: "Wait, Sir. There are other details that I have not yet told you. They may make you reconsider..."

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited April 16, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-02-29, 2:21 PM #8
NSP: i haven't named my character because of a small writer's block problem so feel free to come up with a decent name

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-01, 8:33 PM #9
Knight:...

With this our nameless hero stands quivering not at the approaching army. But the fearlessness that is Geoffrey. Such bravery would be useful.

Knight:Nirewin.. My name is Nirewin..

Geoffrey: Nirewin!? What kind of name is Nirewin!?

Nirewin:It means "halfling" in the tongue of my people. Now if you'll ex...

Nirewin's words are cut short at the sound of trumpets in the now closer distance. The gap that once stood between he and the army grows ever shorter, and his patience is already spread thinly because of Geoffrey's consistent pestering. However, though facing impending doom, Geoffrey has yet to show the slightest amount of fear. He seems completely contented to merely circle around Nirewin, and ask our brave knight trivial questions. What good would it do him to know Nirewin's name if in the next hour they were both dead?

Geoffrey: You know, you might want to be preparing for battle. Those aren't any regular troops you see before you.

Hearing this, Nirewin's heart sank. Why on Earth would this small child know anything of the army approaching. Should he not be shaken by its presence. The forces of Ni'Kash are often of a stench no mortal can stand. Their very odor can be recognized for miles in the area surrounding his stolen castle. That castle had once belonged to the king of Trithdurus. That castle rightfully belonged to Nirewin.

Nirewin: What would you know of such things? An army such as that you could ne'er have seen.

Geoffrey:Not in person, no. But I've dreamed them. What would you wish of me? Should I go? Or accompany you in battle?

Nirewin could not believe his ears. In fact, the statement made the descrete hairs at the tips of his ears stand on end, making them much more visible. How could this boy... This MORTAL boy wish to do battle with the forces of Ni'Kash? It seemed an impossible liklihood to Nirewin. But at this particular moment, he was almost willing to take any help he could get. With his defeat in the forest beyond the west ridge, Nirewin wasn't looking for a victory today. His men had been slaughtered by Ni'Kash and his drones. It's not the smell of the drones themselves. It's the stench of rotting blood upon their bodies. However, something about Geoffrey made Nirewin want to fight...

Nirewin:Fight if you will. You'll most likely die.

He tried to sound as though he weren't concerned for the boy. Nirewin did not like to see others die. He scarcely enjoyed fighting. He would much rather be hunting in the wood. Listening to brooks and streams babble about through the valley. Instead he had been forced into this. The fact that his life had been made into this myriad of battles, this undenyable suffering, was enough to drive him mad. His hate was his only friend.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE FEW TAKE ON THE MANY!? WILL NIREWIN AND GEOFFREY FALL TO THEIR COLLECTIVE DOOM AT THE HANDS OF NI'KASH'S DEADLY STINK-PATROL!? IS THE NAME THAT YECTI CONCOCTED GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THE STORY!? FIND OUT THIS AND MORE WHEN SOMEBODY ELSE POSTS SOMETHING NEW IN A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!!!

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-02, 3:16 PM #10
Wizard: Wait, Sir. There are other details that i have not yet told you. They may make you reconsider. The first is the apparent devastation of your longer-ranged armies.

Ni'Kash: WHAT!!?? How could you dare say that any of my armies were defeated? even my longest ranging patrols are of such a strength to decimate any sort of force the pathetic inhabitants of this continent could produce. If you do not produce some proof of this I shall cut you down where you stand for such insolence!

The Wizard does not flinch against this onslaught. He has gained confidence since his initial trepidation, since Ni'Kash does not quite seem to want to kill him, despite his threat. Ni'Kash is interested in his information, even if he does not quite believe it yet.

Wizard: Here is proof for you.

He waves his staff in an intricate pattern, and suddenly a pile of bloody armor clatters to the floor. The breastplates all have Ni'Kash's distinctive crest.

Ni'Kash: I would normally debate with you on the authenticity of these, but I am starting to believe you. I can see from here they are real, not the product of a hasty incantation. But, I can also see that the blood on these is rather old, more then a month at least. My troops may not be living humans, but they still bleed. Why have I not heard of this? My generals would surely have reported this before now if it has been going on for more then a month.

While Ni'Kash's armies are mostly made of his magical constructs, the leaders of his armies, his generals and sometimes the lower ranks for more important sections of his armies, are pure humans with some magical abilities. The constructs are capable of fighting effectively in a melee, but are not intelligent enough for patrols and reporting.

Wizard: There are several reasons for your ignorance, though I am slightly surprised myself that you have not heard of this. The warrior, Nirewin, as he is called, seems very... thorough in his battles. He does not leave many of the opposing force to report. However, I sense that the true problem is closer to home. May it be that your generals are scared of reporting such dire news?

On cue, a small, trembling cough is heard near the door to the room, which is now behind Ni'Kash. He rounds on him quickly, towering above the small Major. The heat of his anger making the room seem to boil.

Ni'Kash: Am I to assume that you have news of these defeats?

The major nods, slowly, still cowering. he seems unsure about his future.

Ni'Kash And would you happen to have been in charge of the force that was defeated by this 'Nirewin'?

Again the major nods. This time, however, Ni'Kash moves like lightning, plunging his considerable fist into his chest. he flies across the room to slam into wall on the opposite wall. For a second we stays against it, which a look of astonishment on his face. Then he slowly crumples to the floor, breathing his last. The old wizard looks with detachment on this show of strength. He is sure that it will not be turned on himself at this point.

Ni'Kash: Weakling. I assume he ran when he saw my armies starting to lose. He was not fit to lead them.

He turned back to the wizard, his anger now replaced by calm intelligence.

Ni'Kash: It seems this warrior is a threat after all. However I wish to see this power of his in person. You will accompany me.

The wizard nods, and follows behind Ni'Kash as he sweeps out of the room. The two captains from the doorway of the room also follow him.

IT SEEMS THAT NI'KASH WILL CONFRONT NIREWIN IN THE NEXT BATTLE! WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THIS NEXT ENGAGEMENT? WILL EITHER SUCCEED AND PUT A QUICK END TO THIS STORY? OR WILL THIER STRENGTHS BE MATCHED? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EXCITING INSTALLMENT OF "A KNIGHT'S TAIL"!

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited March 02, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-02, 5:36 PM #11
Nirewin stand staring at the army while Geoffrey continues his questions.

Geoffrey: So, why are you called halfling when you are taller than my dad and he stand the full height of an average man?

Nirewin: Because of my mother's people, the Drahktil, they stand much taller than your kind, my father's kind...

Geoffrey: What are the Drahkti...

Geoffrey's question was interrupted when a look of pure terror swept over his face as the army was close enough for him to look into the eyes of one of Ni'Kash's constructs...

NSP: i request that you leave the explanation of what the Drahktil are to me i'll explain it when the time is right

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-02, 7:00 PM #12
NSP: I'll be waiting off on this one. The story is actually reading rather well. Damn. I'm becoming an ISBer. Geb is going to be proud. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] // On a side note. It appears that the story has taken an interesting turn. Are we to believe that Nirewin is alive because he killed the remaining troops that slaughtered his men? Just for some clarification if you will Noble...

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-03, 8:40 AM #13
NSP: Uh, from what i've been saying, Nirewin has been devestating Ni'Kashes troops all by himself. What other men are you talking about? The blood on the armor that the wizard summons are from Ni'Kash's own troops ("My troops may not be living humans, but they still bleed."), in case that's what you are referring to. Oh, and you can leave Ni'Kash out of this battle if you want to have that one later, seeing as I just have him leaving for battle now.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited March 03, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-03, 11:23 AM #14
NSP:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Nirewin could not believe his ears. In fact, the statement made the descrete hairs at the tips of his ears stand on end, making them much more visible. How could this boy... This MORTAL boy wish to do battle with the forces of Ni'Kash? It seemed an impossible liklihood to Nirewin. But at this particular moment, he was almost willing to take any help he could get. With his defeat in the forest beyond the west ridge, Nirewin wasn't looking for a victory today. His men had been slaughtered by Ni'Kash and his drones. It's not the smell of the drones themselves. It's the stench of rotting blood upon their bodies. However, something about Geoffrey made Nirewin want to fight...
</font>

I had it set up so that the last battle that he had with Ni'Kash's forces was a "defeat" of sorts. However, we could interpret that as it being a defeat because his men were slaughtered. Just wondering so we can iron out any inconsistencies and keep things running smoothly. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

[This message has been edited by Yecti (edited March 03, 2004).]
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-03, 1:28 PM #15
NSP: wow. it seems i entirely missed that bit. sorry. Uh, i dont think anything i've written would conflict, so go ahead. if Nirewin cares for life as he seems to from that part, then he would consider the loss of all his men a deafeat, even if he finishe'd ni'kash's forces. Definitly leave Ni'Kash out of this battle then, since if his last battle was a defeat i'm sure you won't want to have to deal with him in this one.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-05, 5:21 PM #16
A battle ensues. With almost lightning fast reflexes, Nirewin springs to and fro across the battlefield. His blade precisely striking the weak points in the drones' armor. Meanwhile, Geoffrey is holding his own, but in a different way. The small boy seems to be enjoying the chaos. The fear that once had ensnared his expression was all gone, and he danced from head to head of the drones. It seemed that the two were working together, as when Geoffrey would stomp on a drone's head, it would lose balance, at this moment, Nirewin would strike the drone down.

The pile of bodies was growing large, and at this moment Nirewin was growing ever more confident that the battle was won. For days he had watched this army advance. Slowly they came and patiently he waited. Suddenly, as if awakening from a dream, Nirewin's attention was drawn to a scream. To his left, Geoffrey had missed his target, and fell quickly to the ground. Being low to the ground was an inopportune place for the boy, as the trampling feet about him would surely crush him. Nirewin dove to his aide, tossing the boy into the air. A drone landed its axe into the tip of Nirewin's tail.

Nirewin:ARGH!!!! God dammit! *slash* I can't stand... *stab* These putrid drones *dodge, slash*

Again the sound of faint giggles could be heard atop the battle. And as the last drone fell, the only scratch that either of them had suffered was Nirewin's tail. The end had been split almost directly in two. It bled immensely and was very sore. The pain drove Nirewin to tear up, though he maintained his composure. For today there was a victory. A victory of chance, but a victory none the less.

Geoffrey:You suffered a nasty blow there.

Nirewin:Aren't you ever so insightful. I need to get some bandages. It's...

At this, Geoffrey had begun wrapping the wound in clean cotton cloth. He reached into a little pouch on his belt that Nirewin had neglected to notice, and produced some thread and a needle. He then stitched the cloth tightly around Nirewin's tail. The bleeding had all but stopped

Nirewin:...Thank you... Where did you learn to bandage wounds that way? A boy like you should have a mother to kiss away his wounds. It's odd to see you so skilled in a medical craft.

Geoffrey:You're welcome, but let's not talk about my mother. So can I come with you then?

Nirewin:Come with me where?

Geoffrey:Oh come now, You're not going to leave me behind on the rest of your journey. I know you're headed for the castle. I've only to figure out why you wish death upon yourself. I figure I could go along for the ride. I've been helpful to this point haven't I?

Nirewin was shocked. How could this be the same boy. Only hours ago he was circling him, asking trivial and annoying questions. However, the answer then struck him. Geoffrey was keeping Nirewin's mind off of the battle before him. He had never fought so well and with such a clear head before. The boy was preparing him. Nirewin's stomach grew uneasy.

Nirewin:Sure... But perhaps I should let you know what you're getting in to...

OMG!! HAS THE BEGINNING OF A PARTY BEEN FORMED?! WHAT WILL NIREWIN TELL GEOFFREY IN HIS STORY!? DID YECTI COP OUT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE HE'S HIT THE END OF HIS CREATIVE STREAK FOR THE DAY!? DOES HE WANT SOMEBODY ELSE TO TELL THE STORY!? FIND OUT NEXT TIME WHEN SOMEBODY ELSE TELLS THE STORY!!! "A KNIGHT'S TALE"

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-05, 6:45 PM #17
Nirewin and Geoffrey decide to make camp for the night... Nirewin walks into the woods to collect firewood when a flash of light happens and Ni'Kash appears before him

Ni'Kash: Now you shall pay for what you did to my soldiers...

Ni'Kash draws his blade which seems to suck all light from around it... Nirewin draws his sword which shines in the light of the moon then stares into the eyes of Ni'Kash

Ni'Kash: ...no...can't be...

Ni'Kash then leaves the way he came

Nirewin: What? no fight? *sigh*

Back in Ni'Kash's throne room...

Ni'Kash: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WHAT HE WAS!!!

Wizard: I tried to warn you... I said he wasn't entirely human...

Ni'Kash: I could see it in his eyes... he is part Drahktil... this is not good...

Wizard: But you are very powerful my lord...

Ni'Kash: you FOOL you forget what the Drahktil were... this means this Nirewin is 1/4 dragon AT LEAST

Wizard: *gulp*

Ni'Kash: but this cannot be the Drahktil have been extinct for over 200 years

Wizard: but... the Drahktil themselves could live for 2000 years

Ni'Kash: I know that... but I don't think we can win against someone like him...

Wizard: Maybe you can find comfort in the fact that he has not even begun to realized his abilities.

Ni'Kash: What do you mean?

Wizard: If he is a decendant of the Drahktil that has fully realized what he could do your army would have fallen the moment he spotted them

Ni'Kash: You are right...

a hint of an evil smile starts to show on Ni'Kash's face

Ni'Kash: ...maybe he was too young when his tribe was destroyed to have been taught of what he could do...

WILL NI'KASH FIND A WAY TO USE THIS KNOWLEDGE TO HIS ADVANTAGE? WILL NIREWIN LEARN OF HIS ABILITIES? WILL GEOFFREY REVEAL HIS PAST? FIND OUT SOMETIME IF ANYONE EVER FEELS LIKE ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS!!!...

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-05, 10:51 PM #18
NSP: i was just talking in the chat and when i think of Ni'Kash i think of Heinrich I (RTCW final boss)

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-06, 5:46 AM #19
NSP: That's very similar to what I saw, only with one of those half-cape things draped over one shoulder. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I also have an image of Nirewin in my head, but I don't know how to draw it, and can't find anything. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-06, 6:41 AM #20
Ni'Kash: Perhaps there is a way... I wonder... I wonder if she's still alive...

Wizard: Begg'n your pardon my lord, but what on earth are you speaking of?

Ni'Kash: Away with you warlock. I must seek my council alone. I may yet have a way to destroy this Nirewin, be he Drahktil or not.

With this, the wizard honors Ni'Kash's request. For a moment, it seems that he is not angry at all. The wizard decides to revel in this moment and hope that it continues. Ni'Kash then walks briskly through his castle to a door that is covered in the webs of spiders and plagued by dust. He screams, and the force emitted causes the door to be revealed. Chains and bars force it locked, but Ni'Kash has a key. He begins unlocking the door and leaves only the final bar in place when he walks away. On a nearby shelf, there is a helmet. A helmet that Ni'Kash had not worn since the last time he had left this room, and will not wear again until he returns. This helmet was the one worn when he took this castle in his conquest. He put it on, and raised the bar. Behind the door there were stairs leading into a dark and musty dungeon. A faint green glow could be seen from atop the steps, but it was not enough to light the way. Ni'Kash lit a torch and began to descend. At the base of the steps, he saw it. The creature that he had wondered was still alive. At first, it seemed a woman. Lying dead on the floor, but she was not dead. When the woman heard Ni'Kash grow closer she sat up, and almost in pure rage became a large, green, enfuriated dragon.

Ni'Kash: Ahhh Jaena, you live! So many years have gone by my old acquaintence, that I had nearly forgotten about you. I assume the guards haven't treated you well? Oh who am I kidding? I locked you down here with nobody but yourself to keep you company. I'm amazed that you've survived this long, what with no food or water. I see that the cage still keeps you safe from escape. Whatever would I do without magic bars? You could rip me to shreds in an instance should you please. For since you have barely aged, I am growing older. I shall never die, but I am not as young as I was when I defeated you... You're still the filthy beast you always were though. Look at you, the mere sight of me causes you to lose control and turn into that thing... Come now, let's have a chat...

With this, the dragon let out a desperate roar, however, she complied with Ni'Kash's will, and returned to her "human" state.

Jaena: What do you want traitor? Did some wild nerve get stricken to make you come down here to visit and torment me? If I must spend eternity locked away in a cage like a beast, I would think you would do me the decency of not forcing me to look upon your horrid face.

Ni'Kash: Feisty my old friend. Still ever so strong of mind and quick of tongue. Alas, no, I didn't come just to torment you. I came to ask for your assistance. Wait, no. Not ask... Demand it. That's more like it. For you see, Jaena, you never mentioned that you had a son.

Jaena:What have you done to him!? You *******, if I ever get out of here I'll enjoy eating your flesh from your rotting and disgusting bones.

Ni'Kash: Relax. The boy is fine. That, my friend, is my dilema. I want him dead. However, I thought that you were the last of the Draktil, and as such, all of the magic spells which were concocted to entrap you were destroyed. We wanted to stop anybody from ever being able to free you, and as such, destroyed everything relating to your race. As such, you are the only one who knows how to kill... *small laugh* ...yourself.

Jaena: *erupts in insane laughter* You think that you'll get me to tell you how to kill my only son!? Why on earth do you think I would've hidden him from you in the first place?

Ni'Kash: It doesn't mean I can't still manipulate this cage. You know what happens when you touch those bars. What would happen if I made them razor thin, and made them grow tighter around you by two inches every day? I would then show you scenes of the fall of your people until you cracked, erupting into your dragon form and sliced yourself to bits. So you can either help me, or I can put you through so much torment that you'll beg me to destroy you and your pitiful son.

Jaena:Never.

With this, Jaena turns her back to Ni'Kash.

Ni'Kash:So be it. *roars as he rushes back up the steps*

The sound of chains and bars can be heard from the cage, Jaena knows that she is surely going to die.

Jaena:Fight well my son... *a tear drops from her eye*

Nirewin then awakes from his sleep.

Nirewin: MOTHER!?

IS THIS THE BREAK WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!? DO THE TWO REMAINING DRAHKTIL HAVE A TELEPATHIC LINK!? WILL NIREWIN BE ABLE TO SAVE HIS MOTHER FROM IMPENDING DOOM!? FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN "A KNIGHTS TAIL".
[nsp: sex changes galore]
------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

[This message has been edited by Yecti (edited March 07, 2004).]
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-06, 7:30 AM #21
NSP: you may have to edit that post since Nirewin's father was human and his mother was Drahktil

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-06, 2:46 PM #22
NSP: I'd like to post, but i just did two rather long ones for Serge and NeSquared, and i'm sorta burnt out. I'll write for Ni'Kash more later, though, if noone else does.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-08, 4:43 PM #23
Back in his fortress, Ni'Kash paces around his thrown room.

Ni'Kash: Why will she not submit? She must know i am not one to use idle threats. Well, perhaps the answer does not lie with her... Nirewin has not yet realized his full potential.. maybe i can challenge him... but not yet. Not as i am. i must first use something which i have not had to call upon for many years...

Ni'Kash then quickly moves out of the room and down the stairs. He then follows a twisting and seemingly random path through his fortress, even utilizing a few hidden passages. Finally, he seems to have reached his destination: a small, barren room. He then proceeds to utter a chant. This goes on for fully five minutes. The sound of his voice rises and falls, filling the room with the sound of the chant. In any other situation, the sound might be described as beautiful. After the five minute, Ni’Kash suddenly stops, and looks up. Nothing happens for a second, and then brightly glowing cracks appear in the stone wall. They grow until they all join, forming the outline of a ragged doorway. Then, the door that was formed seems to shimmer, and then fades away, leaving only the bright light. The light solidifies, until another room can be seen. This one is just as bare as the first except for a single thin pedestal in the center. What is on top of it seems to be the source of the light.

Ni'Kash: Ah.. It has been too long since I have last seen this sight. The Orb of Basantos, the source of my power and immortality. It has been to long since I have needed it's strength. But, now that Nirewin has appeared, it seems I must once again seek its power.

The orb is only about four inches in diameter, but for some reason seems much, much larger. While originally looking only to cast white light, now is seen to produce all the colors of the rainbow. However, the strongest is, strangely, black. Flickers of black course over the surface of the orb, casting strange, murky shadows on the wall. Ni'Kash places his hand on the orb, and suddenly his whole body courses with raw power. His mind separates from his body and expands, and he gains a feeling of omniscience. He stays in this state for a few minutes, allowing his body to absorb the overwhelming power that the orb is placing in him. He is about to withdrawal when his expanded consciousness is alerted to something. Something small, very small, on the edge of his mind, but there nonetheless. Something, no, wait, several somethings, going back and forth, to and from... somewhere in his fortress! He then realizes what it is. He opens his eyes, which now glow with the light of the Orb.

Ni'Kash: Damn it!! How could I have forgot something so elementary! Drakil of the same clan can communicate to each other through telepathy! Nirewin and Jaena must have forged the link sometime after my visit. This is very dire news indeed. If they have been in contact too long, then Nirewin may yet realize his true potential. It seems i must finish Jaena sooner then i had hoped. I must now face Nirewin, as well, before he grows too powerful, but first I must regain control of this power… perhaps Jaena will be a suitable test subject...

Ni'Kash's face breaks into an evil grin as he leaves the orb's secret room, the fake wall re-solidifying as he passes through it. As he walks along the passageways back to the room with Jeana's cage, he begins to laugh.

WHAT EVIL POWER HAS NI'KASH AWAKENED IN THE ORB OF BASANTOS? WILL JAENA SURVIVE NI'KASH'S 'WARM-UP' SESSION? WILL JAENA AND NIREWIN HAVE HAD ENOUGH TIME IN THIER COMMUNICATION FOR NIREWIN TO HAVE GAINED POWEN ENOUGH TO FACE NI'KASH'S NEWFOUND STRENGTH? ALL THESE ANWERS AND MORE MAY OR MAY NOT BE ANSWERED ON THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF "A KNIGHT’S TALE”!!

[EDIT]Bad tags

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited March 08, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-14, 5:43 PM #24
NSP: just go for a post this thread is getting too many NSPs

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-15, 12:41 PM #25
Wizard: SIRE!

The old wizard's voice was a sound akin to nails dragging upon a chalkboard to Ni'Kash at this moment. He had new power, and new insight. He could almost feel Jaena beneath him, yet he heeded his mage, and lent him ear to his cries.

Wizard:M'lord! We've located the halfling! Nirewin sleeps restlessly in the Forest of Wake. The land is enchanted sire, but we could draw him out!

Ni'Kash:Hmmmm.. So he seeks refuge in a land in which I cannot tread. DAMN. Heh... At least I know he has fear. For what other reason would he hide in such a place? This is good news... Good news indeed. Alert my servant to prepare my horse. I must arrange my most sacred armor. This day, then boy shall die. This day, I shall eradicate his race once and for all.

WAS THIS A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO KEEP THE STORY RUNNING? DID YECTI PUT ANY REAL EFFORT INTO THE POST? WHERE DID MOST OF YECTI'S OFFENDING NSP'S GO!? FIND OUT NEXT TIME... OR NOT... IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-15, 3:20 PM #26
Ni'Kash goes to yet another room in his gigantic fortress, but this time not a secret room. this room is half a display room anyway, a room made so that those that enter it will quail at the power Ni'Kash can wield. This is the armory. In the center is a large case seemingly made of glass, but in fact made of spun diamond, thousands of times stronger than any glass. Inside there are two objects. A rather ordinary looking ******* sword, and a set of black armor. The word 'black' does not fully explain his armor. It seems to be made of folded shadow. The runes that are emblazoned on his present armor are also on this set, among others. However, these seem to be made of even deeper black, if that is even possible. The entire effect amounts to the look of a compact black hole sitting in the case. Strangely, there is a circular socket in the middle of the breastplate. However, Ni'Kash does not seem to take notice of it now.

Ni'Kash: Ah, my most sacred armor. it has been long since i have worn it. it will give me great pleasure to wear it against Nirewin, my greatest enemy for many long years.

With this he allows his servants to take off his normal armor, revealing more rippling muscles beneath. The servants then mount this new armor on him. He then reaches for the sword. While looking rather ordinary, and in fact significantly damaged, with a dull blade and scratches along it length, the hilt is extremely ornate and in mint condition. Also, Ni’Kash shows obvious affection for this rather beat-up looking sword.

Ni'Kash: Morgandus, the crown piece of my armory. You have served me well in every battle I have ever fought since I discovered you. You shall not fail me now.

He then puts Morgandus is an equally beat-up looking sheath, and strides out of the armory.

Ni'Kash: You, servant! Prepare my horse and have it brought to the front gate. Have my one of the majors bring the best of my construct battalions there, as well. I shall ride at once, for the Forest of Wake.

SO, NI'KASH HEADS OUT TO CONFRONT NIREWIN! HOW WILL THIS BATTLE END? WITH ALL THIS NSP’S IS THERE ANY SEMBLANCE OF SUSPENCE LEFT? WILL THE THREE WRITERS MANAGE TO KEEP THIS STORY GOING? FIND OUT ALL THIS AND MORE ON THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!!

NSP (sorry): Don’t do anything with that socket in the armor yet. That is for much, much later.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited March 15, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-15, 3:37 PM #27
NSP: [http://www.oscempire.net/images/ktail_button.jpg]

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-15, 4:08 PM #28
In the Forest of Wake Nirewin is asleep, seeming to have a disturbing dream, he suddenly awakes in a cold sweat...

Nirewin: wake up

Geoffrey wakes up and starts packing his stuff

Nirewin: We will not be heading to Ni'Kash's fortress today...

Nirewin pauses... the dream a faded memory as most dreams are but something stirs in his mind... something from the dream compels him to head to a cave to the east... deeper into the forest than any man dares to travel...

Geoffrey: where are we going?

Nirewin: to the east...

Geoffrey: What is there?

Nirewin: A cave... what is in the cave I do not know... but we must go there...

Geoffrey: o..k..

WHAT FATE AWAITS OUR HEROES IN THE CAVE? WHAT SECRETS ARE HIDDEN DEEP WITHIN THE FOREST OF WAKE? ALL THIS AND MORE SOME OTHER TIME ON A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!!

NSP: I have plans for what happens in the caves so feel free to post up to the point where they reach the cave but let me handle the post where they actually enter the cave

------------------
wang is within all

[This message has been edited by DrkJedi82 (edited March 15, 2004).]
2004-03-16, 5:04 AM #29
Ahead of them, our travellers know not what perils lie. The Forest of Wake is the domain of the Chk'tu, a tribe of knee-high warriors. Some say that the Chk'tu are human-bred of Orcs and Goblins. A pet gone horribly wrong.

Chk'tu 1:
Orakk kino malek scietkto... mmm kaktorr!!
A traveller from the west is entering our fields.
Kuura alptek reiksa granif grr dikden...
He must not be allowed to enter our village.

NSP: for my own sake, the rest of the dialogue will already be translated

Chktu 2: What would you have me do?

Chktu 1: Prepare the Gnarlask. The four of them will have no trouble defeating ONE traveller, even if he is very brave. However, I sense he's quite small...

With this the two erupt into insane laughter of doom. It sounds as though a small animal were being tortured to death by a hunter.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OUR HEROES!? WHICH OF THEM DO THE CHK'TU SENSE!? WHY WOULD YECTI LEAVE SUCH OBVIOUS CLUES TO SET UP SOME OTHER COOL STUFF ABOUT DRAHKTIL!? FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!!

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

[This message has been edited by Yecti (edited March 16, 2004).]
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-18, 3:42 PM #30
Ni'Kash stands in front of his fortress near to an immense, jet black stallion. It tosses its head and neighs with impatience as Ni'Kash inspects the constructs. These are different from his normal troops, mostly for the fact that these are clean. The early morning sunlight glints off their armor and weapons. These, as all the constructs, are exactly the same, and stare straight ahead without any hint of intelligence. Ni'Kash walks down the line and, seeing that they amount to his expectations, proceeds back to the stallion. He then addresses the major standing next to the first rank of troops.

Ni'Kash: All of them preformed above expectations in the trials, correct?

Major: Yes, sir. These are by far your best constructs yet, sir.

Ni'Kash: Good... very good. I may promote you when I return from this.

Major: You are too kind, sir.

Ni'Kash: Hmm… indeed. But now I must ride.

Ni'Kash mounts the stallion with a swift jump and turns to face the constructs. He utters an unintelligible word, and the constructs suddenly spring to life. They make an about face, then start out of the courtyard at a swift jog. Ni'Kash rides around to the front and then turns around as they exit the courtyard.

Ni'Kash: Anchoranith! To the Forest of Wake!

The constructs speed up until they are moving at the rate of a fast gallop, with Ni'Kash leading.

WILL NIREWIN AND GEOFFREY BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH THESE NEW CONSTRUCTS? WILL NIREWIN FIND OUT WHATEVER IS IN THAT CAVE BEFORE NI'KASH MAKES IT TO THE FOREST, OR WILL NI'KASH BE FORCED TO WAIT? WERE JIM AND YECTI WAITING FOR NOBLE TO POST? FIND OUT ALL THIS AND POSSIBLY A BIT MORE IF YOU'RE LUCKY ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF A KNIGHT'S TAIL!!!

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-19, 2:50 AM #31
Nirewin:*fart*

Geoffrey:hehehehehehehe

WHAT WAS THIS MUCH NEEDED COMIC RELIEF!? WHAT IMPORTANCE DID IT HAVE TO THE STORY!? IS YECTI LOOKING TO GET A CHEAP LAUGH!? FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN "A KNIGHT'S TAIL"!!

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-21, 12:51 PM #32
NSP: wither of you guys post. i don't think i'm going to do anything more with Ni'Kash till the engadgement, which i think would be best to haev right after he exits the forest.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-24, 8:02 AM #33
Geoffrey:I don't like this place. It's dark, and forever cold. It feels as though it were alive with evil.

Nirewin:Nonsense. The Forest of Wake is only feared by man because its trees are impossible to cut down and once inside no human has ever escaped. See? There's nothing to worry about.

Geoffrey:How do you get "nothing to worry about" out of a situation like that?!

Nirewin:I might remind you, I am not entirely human. Pair that with the fact that you're following me, so your persistant flaw in my logic is taken care of, and we've nothing to worry about.

Geoffrey:Oh. I think either you're crazy, or I'm going crazy. Or we're both crazy and I'm too scared to leave without you. Any way you look at it, whatever comforting you give me I'll just blindly accept and hope to feel better about this situation.

Just then, our heroes stumble upon a clearing in the forest. Several of the trees in the area have been chopped to a stump, but no logs or tracks are present. In the clearing a fire burns, and there are white marking painted on the fallen leaves among the forest floor.

Nirewin:Well then. This doesn't look good. I'll say one thing about humans, they're ingenious about destroying nature. If a human couldn't chop one of these trees, I'd hate to see what did.

Geoffrey:I don't think anything cut these trees down. I think these trees grow this way.

Nirewin:What!? However could a tree decide how to grow!? Especially how could it grow a full trunk, but only grow to be a foot tall and have no branches?

With that, the clearing shrank in a ring around our heroes. The outer ring of trees surrounding them shot up to a hundred feet or more in the air, branches fully extending and blocking all visible sunlight. The fire blazed more brightly and voices could be heard in the distance. Whatever lived in the Forest of Wake was coming to greet its visitors.

Geoffrey:Nothing to worry about eh? *gulp*

Nirewin:Nothing at all. Heh.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO NIREWIN AND GEOFFREY NOW THAT THEY'VE AWOKEN THE FOREST DWELLERS?! HOW WILL THEY ESCAPE WHAT SEEMS NOW TO BE IMPENDING DOOM!? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF "A KNIGHT'S TAIL".

------------------
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-03-25, 4:16 PM #34
Ni'Kash and his guard approach the forest wall. Ni'Kash stops close to it and calls his constructs to spread around this end of the forest. The trees are packed close together, leaving hardly any room to see between the first row of them. A feeling of dread overcomes him as he nears it, but he shrugs it off, knowing it is simply the natural aura of the place. He puts a hand through one of the few openings, and pain engulfs it. He quickly withdrawals.

Ni'Kash: Damn it! Even after all these years, the forest still rejects me. It seems I must make camp here and wait until Nirewin comes out. At least I know he cannot run from me while I stay here.

The Forest of Wake has grown in a sort of caldera. High sheer cliffs line it on three sides. On the east, where Ni'Kash waits, it opens up onto the plain. Ni'Kash visited this place frequently, years before. But that is a story for another time.

Suddenly, far into the forest, Ni'Kash sees a circle of trees suddenly explode upwards.

Ni'Kash: Hmm. As much as I like to see my opponent in such dire trouble, I am worried that he has made it so far into the forest already. Yahnovith Drogal! Come here, Drogal!

One of the constructs detaches itself from the line. This one is slightly different then the rest, but only for the fact that he carries a rune sword, and has a complicated crest on his right shoulder. When he speaks, it is in a horse whisper, which sounds somehow snake-like.

Drogal: You requested my presence, master?

Ni'Kash: Yes. Place your hand between those two trees.

Drogal goes over to the trees and does as his mater instructed. He seems to feel nothing.

Ni'Kash: Do you feel any pain, my minion?

Drogal: Yes, quite intense. Normally it might be termed crippling. May I remove my hand now?

Ni'Kash: No, keep it there for a little bit longer, Drogal. tell me if there is a change.

Drogal: As you command, master.

Ni'Kash then proceeded to say a short, simple chant. Drogal twitches slightly at the end of it.

Drogal: The pain has stopped, master.

Ni'Kash: Ah, good. My modification worked. You may remove your hand now, Drogal. Yahnovic sa van! Come here, first three.

Three other warriors approach. These are all exactly similar to their fellow constructs. Ni'Kash repeats the same chant he used for Drogal in front of all of them.

Ni'Kash: Good.. you may all enter the forest now without the pain that stops me. Go into the forest and head for the circle of trees as fast as possible. However, two warnings. First, do not harm the forest or its inhabitants in any way. Only attack Nirewin. If you attack anything else I fear for your return. Also, I have made you immune to pain, so you must beware injuries. Do not let Nirewin take you down because you do not notice your own wounds. Lastly, Drogal: You must return. you are my best construct. If Nirewin defeats these other three, retreat. We shall attack him here when he makes it out. Are my commands clear?

All: Yes, master.

Ni'Kash: Good. Now go. Destroy my enemy!

The four enter the forest, squeezing between the trunks of the trees. They are soon lost to sight.

Ni'Kash: Hmm.. if they succeed this shall all be over, but for some reason I don't think I don't want it to end... not yet. This is the most activity I’ve had in a long time. No, I must stop such thoughts, and defeat Nirewin at all costs. The Drakil are a plague I thought I had wiped out many years ago. Now I must finish the job.

AFTER THAT MOMENT OF INDECISION, NI'KASH IS ONCE AGAIN SET IN HIS GOAL. WILL NIREWIN BEABLE TO FIGHT NOT ONLY THE CHK'TU, BUT NI'KASH'S FOUR WARRIORS? WILL HE BE A MATCH FOR DROGAL? WILL HE EVER GET OUT OF THAT DARNED FOREST SO WE CAN HAVE THE FIGHT? FIND OUT ALL THIS (HOPEFULLY), IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF A KNIGHT'S TAIL.

NSP: Just have a few things to say. First, i would appreaceate leaving the reason why Ni'Kash can't enter the forest alone for now. just leave it at the fact that he can't enter, lest he feels tons of pain. His constructs can't without pain for the reason that he made him. As for magic, the way i mave it working in my mind is that there are different sorts of magic with different results. Geoffrey obviously has some that we haven't quite explained yet, Nirewin has some dragon magic, i;m sure, and Ni'Kash uses incantations, so that his spells take longer but are more powerful. we can discuss this if this clashes with anyone's own understanding of it. i just thought it would be best to get it out of the way if tehre are any problems. I think that's all i have for now.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited March 25, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-25, 7:44 PM #35
Nirewin and Geoffrey cast about for an exit to the clearing they have become trapped in, but to no avail. The fire is spreading faster and faster, surrounding them in a blazing inferno. As dark shapes form on the periphery of their vision, Nirewin pushes Geoffrey to the ground, his sword drawn and gleaming, seeking a target in vain.

Geoffrey: Nirewin-

Nirewin: Hush, boy! Stay down. Keep low.

Suddenly, Nirewin sees them.

The Chk'tu are surrounding them, snarling in their fierce little tongues. Were they not so many, their weapons not glistening in the firelight, they would appear almost comical.

Nirewin: Get ready to run, boy. I'll hold them off long enough for you to escape through the brush.

Geoffrey: But-

Nirewin: Shh..it's all right.

The Chk'tu start drawing slowly in, a ring of imp-like ferocity. Nirewin draws his sword back-

Suddenly, the Chk'tu draw back. Intense chatter replaces their aggressive tone as they draw back to the edge of the clearing.

Geoffrey: They're going to let us go!

Nirewin: No...they're making sure we don't leave. But why-

Suddenly, the edge of the forest is uprooted, trees flying violently in all directions. Four figures march in, standing in a triangular formation.

Nirewin: Oh, no.

Geoffrey: Ni'Kash must have sent them after us!

The three identical constructs draw their swords in perfect synchronicity. The more decorated one, Drogal, points at Nirewin, and soundlessly they attack.

Drogal: I am Drogal. We have been sent to destroy you.

Nirewin: Come then, to your doom!

He strides into the middle of their line, broad strokes of his sword ringing against their counter and forcing them back. Nirewin is an excellent swordsman, one of the best in the land; but against the three constructs, Ni'Kash's finest guard, he is well-matched. In rhythm they surround him, assailing him with sharp jabs, forcing his blade around him like a hurricane to parry. Forcing them away with a circular stroke, he wipes his brow, glaring at Drogal who stands, as unmoving as the Chk'tu, watching the battle without any trace of emotion.

Drogal: The master will be pleased.

The three constructs behind slash at him. Nirewin rolls backward, a desperate move that lands him at Drogal's feet.

Geoffrey: NO!

Nirewin gazes up helplessly, as a flash of crimson arcs toward him-

Voice: Back!

Drogal is launched off his feet, landing in the thick underbrush of the clearing. Nirewin leaps to his feet, and stops, startled.

The three constructs are fighting with another swordsman, who is clad in blood red plate-mail. His hair, long and black, sweeps from side to side as he fights. His sword is breathtaking - crimson at the hilt, the blade appears made entirely of emeralds, which dazzle the very air it cuts through. The swordsman knocks his opponents to the ground with an elegant sweep, then turns to Nirewin.

Swordsman: Behind you, my friend!

Startled, Nirewin turns - just in time to lock swords with Drogal, who assaults him with a flurry of blows. Nirewin, still shocked, deflects the onslaught, backpedalling as he does so, until standing back-to-back with the mysterious stranger.

Nirewin: Who are you?

Swordsman: All of that in a moment. Let's swap, shall we?

In a flawless maneuver, the two spin on each other's backs, facing their opposite foes. They talk as they battle, the new element of surprise working to their advantage.

Nirewin: I don't recognise your fighting style, yet you are obviously a knight!

Swordsman: Indeed...worked that out all yourself, did you?

Angrily, Nirewin dodges a construct's broad swing and impales it on his blade. The other constructs charge at him, while he is indisposed, but as if anticipating the move, the emerald sword flashes backwards, knocking one of the constructs over and beheading the other.

Swordsman: Now if you'll excuse me, I have important work over here to do.

He and Drogal resume their battle, duelling fiercely. Nirewin, not missing a beat, leaps onto the fallen construct, wrestling with it on the ground. The construct has superhuman strength, though, and Nirewin finds its hands around his throat, squeezing-

Geoffrey: Ha!

One of the vanquished constructs' swords embeds itself in the final constuct's throat, silencing it forever. Nirewin, grasping at his throat, wheezes a thank-you.

At the same moment, Drogal breaks free of his battle, surveying the situation.

Drogal: My allies have been destroyed...

Swordsman: It would appear so!

He leaps forward, forces Drogal's blade above his head, and runs him through with his sparkling blade. Drogal, however, doesn't flinch.

Swordsman: Ah...you must be the favoured construct of your master, to be built that well.

Drogal: Indeed.

He pulls the blade out of his stomach, throwing it at the swordsman. He ducks, and the blade arcs past him, toward Nirewin.

Swordsman: GET DOWN!

Nirewin grabs Geoffrey and dives, and the blade sails over their heads, into the stump of a great tree.

Drogal: The master will not be pleased.

He turns and runs away into the dense forest, carving a path through the trees as he goes.

Swordsman: We'll meet again.

He brushes past Nirewin and Geoffrey, withdrawing it from the tree and replacing it in his scabbard.

Nirewin: Stranger, who ARE you?

Geoffrey: Are you a knight?

Swordsman: Well, I see we're all a team of academics, aren't we...my apologies. My name is Sir Arcturo of Silverpoint. I know who you are, Nirewin and little Geoffrey, but now is not the time for further explanations.

Geoffrey: Why is that?

Arcturo: Well, we're currently in a grove of flaming death, surrounded by murderous natives, and with Ni'Kash's army of constructs close by.

Nirewin: Point taken.

They get ready to escape...

(NSP: Ha, I CAN write for a Knight's Tail!)

[This message has been edited by The Last True Evil (edited March 25, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by The Last True Evil (edited March 27, 2004).]
2004-03-26, 12:55 PM #36
The Chk'tu surrounding them let an opening in their cirlce form... from this opening a Chk'tu elder approaches

elder: Why do you tresspass in our home?

Nirewin: We seek the eastern cavern...

Elder: And what brings you to the cave?

Nirewin: I was told to go there... in a dream...

Elder: Ah, instructions held within dreams are never to be ignored Nirewin of the Drahktil

The Chk'tu surronding them all gasp and begin whispering to each other

Elder: You may pass... but beware for greater dangers than what you have faced block your path to the cave

Nirewin: I will be careful...

Elder: Adn you, Arcturo, are to leave the forest and head to the north, all will become clear once you reach the Cliffs of Drallinor... once there... look to the west

Arcturo: Yes, I will do this...

Elder: Good luck to you all...

The Chk'tu disappear into the forest and the 3 head off in their own directions (well of course Geoffrey and Nirewin are both going the same direction....)

NSP: again only bring them to the entrance of the cave... i'll take the next post at that point (don't even have them enter the cave)

------------------
wang is within all
2004-03-26, 5:25 PM #37
NSP: just one small thing, TLTE. Vahnovith is a command, meaning 'come here'. that construct's name is simply Drogal.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-26, 11:58 PM #38
(NSP: Right you are, then. Fixed. And I'm not sure what is to be gained by splitting up the characters, but I will write accordingly...)

At the edge of the Forest of the Wake, after a day's long toil, a lone figure emerges. Sir Arcturo of Silverpoint labours onward, his face grim, his thoughts clouded with evil.

His father's face, grim and resolute.

The Captain of the Guard, warning him.

The horse, ready and waiting for him, waiting to take him from his home, his...

Arcturo...Kingdom...

At last, the thin lining of scenery folds back, to produce a magnificent sight; the Cliffs of Drallinor.

Though green and lush, the vast landscapes and narrow, acute edges make the area resemble a series of caverns. To the northeast, tauntingly, the symbol and standard of his land gleams distantly - the Star of Silverpoint. Below him, a steep and perilous drop await to the cliff valley below, where several thousand torches betray the darkness.

Arcturo: Ni'Kash's army...this force must bear his entire army of constructs! Though I understand why...the threat of Nirewin almost outweighs this vast detachment.

The young knight gazes down at the army for a long while. Then, his sword is drawn, gleaming a dazzling emerald in the stark pitch of night.

Arcturo: Star of Silverpoint, guide your son's hand...direct me with azure truth to where I will again meet the Drahktil!

For a moment, there is nothing. Then, in a moment of divine radiance, the far-off flicker casts a solid ray of light onto his upheld sword, glancing off into a distance toward the west. Arcturo's keen eyes follow the beam, as it travels unmistakeably to a distant city.

Arcturo:Windmeire...the City of the Ages. So be it. But first, it appears as if I must cut a path through Ni'Kash's army to ensure the safe passage of Nirewin.

Sword drawn, he begins his descent...

(NSP: I don't believe in restricting other writers, so do what you want with any of the events above...)
2004-03-27, 9:03 AM #39
NSP: uh, a few problems with that post, TLTE. first of all, Nirewin is supposed to be the last free Drahktil alive. we could always throw in a plot twist, but i would like to clear that up.

Secondly, I did not have Ni'Kash bring all of his army. not hardly. as i said before:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ni'Kash: You, servant! Prepare my horse and have it brought to the front gate. Have one of the majors bring the best of my construct battalions there, as well. I shall ride at once, for the Forest of Wake.</font>

He only has his best there. i only ment there to be about one battalion. There can be more, so that Arcturo can fight some and still leave enough for the fight against Nirewin, but again i'd like to determine that now. The way i've been writing, Ni'Kash has a gigantic army, but its very far flung, so i doubt most of it will come into the story much.

Lastly, i thought we had written that Ni'Kash keeps most of the land under his own dominion. i have an idea for clearing this up, that Ni'Kash lets you keep your kingdom because of a truce, but i wouldn't like to write that in without your permission.

I'll write again when we clear up these problems.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited March 27, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-03-27, 3:15 PM #40
NSP: actually Nirewin's mother is the last Drahktil ... Nirewin is only half Drahktil

also... i have plans that involve his father (who IS dead) so kinda leave any info about his father out of it...

------------------
wang is within all

↑ Up to the top!