Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → My very first skin. Pleae take a look.
My very first skin. Pleae take a look.
2002-04-02, 3:03 PM #1
This is my first skin ever, so i would like as much feedback as possible. The ingame screens are a little messed up in that I forgot to rename the hands file, so my character has no hands. HEHE.
Anyway, for your viewing pleasure I present my very first skin ever. Rejoice in all of its glory!!!!!!!

http://rajasol.tripod.com/
or
http://rajasol.tripod.com/skins

Please I would love to hear as many different opinions as possible, so dont hold back.

Thanks
2002-04-02, 3:16 PM #2
interesting attempt at a first skin. The head looks strange, though...it's not as detailed as the rest of the body. The spaces between the "wires" <-(the bright thin lines) should be a bit lighter, though...I bet they almost look plain black in full action...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-02, 3:17 PM #3
and please, delete the other topic...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-02, 3:28 PM #4
I really havent noticed the spaces in between the wires bing to dark while in action, but I try making them lighter and see what effect that gives me. I was going for a more metallic look to the armor. Also, i do agree that the head is a little under detailed, but I plan on fixing that, still havent gotten very well aquainted with photoshop yet. If there are any other editors that are better than PS please let me know, for I am brand new to the skinning scene and am working of shear guesswork. The designs themselves were ment to look wierd and out there. wasnt sure if I went a little overboard though. I am going to atempt to put a sort of mesh or skin behind the design, but as I said earlier, i am clueless to what I am actually doing.

Thanks for the advice.
2002-04-02, 11:48 PM #5
Photoshop is fine. And the body of your skin looks good, just a bit too dark maybe, but I haven't seen it in motion, so that might be wrong. Redo the head and you got a nice first skin (ways better than my first attempts, at least)...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
2002-04-03, 10:31 AM #6
Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

↑ Up to the top!