Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Making a new skin work in MP
Making a new skin work in MP
2002-04-03, 1:53 PM #1
hey, I followed the tutorial that was posted on Massassi for JO skin editing...and I can't get my skin to work ingame.....I tried to follow the tutorial exactly, but when I go into a multiplayer game, I can't choose my new skin as a character...it's just not there. I don't understand why it wont show up. Could someone help me?
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]
2002-04-04, 4:42 PM #2
Hello? Please? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]
2002-04-04, 10:17 PM #3
I too am having the same prob! Please help!
2002-04-05, 12:02 AM #4
it's quite simple. Get the files from the model you want to make a skin for (e.g. swamptrooper), edit the .jpgs and save them under the same name, then open the .skin files and replace the last foldername in the path with the name you' ve chosen for your project. Let's say you took the swamptrooper as a base and superswamper is your project; so you would have something like that:
hips,models\players\superswamper\arms_legs.jpg. Make sure to not edit lines pointing to other models than your base...
Now, just put everything in a .pk3 (make sure you have the following folder structure: models\players\yourprojectname\).
To load the model, put the .pk3 into a new folder in your JO\GameData directory, then simply select it in the Modlist of JO.
BTW: Don't forget to edit the icon_blah.jpg's.

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)

↑ Up to the top!