Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Another Radient Question - Make it Shine!
Another Radient Question - Make it Shine!
2002-04-05, 7:17 AM #1
How can I give stuff a nice metalic look? like Steel? I figure shaders need to be used, but how?

------------------
//||\\atrix Studios.NET
//||\\atrix Studios.NET
2002-04-05, 10:51 AM #2
Yep, you'd be right. It's been a while since I've made any shaders. But the best way to do it is to use Curry -lol. Curry is a feature in GTK Radiant that allows you to view and edit shaders. I only hope it will be included in JORadiant or something similar. I find it best, when making a custom shader, to find a similar shader to the one you're making and just copy all the code from it. Then just update all the directory paths within the shader code to point to your own textures. Sounds complicated but once you scratch the surface of shader editing it's really easy.
2009-09-01, 10:43 AM #3
Quote:
...find a similar shader to the one you're making and...

Find a similar shader? Why should you make a new one if you already got a similar one of the one that you need?
May the force be with you
tj0nge

↑ Up to the top!