Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JO PK3 Multi player levels
JO PK3 Multi player levels
2002-04-06, 12:06 PM #1
Hey if any one can help me with this i will personally email them my new Darth Vader and Darth Maul skin for jo.
How do i put my skin files in pk3 format i dont really no how lol ( dont forget to leave ur email )
2002-04-06, 12:13 PM #2
Zip the files

Rename the the .zip to .pk3

Done.

------------------
//||\\atrix Studios.NET
//||\\atrix Studios.NET
2002-04-06, 12:47 PM #3
Hey man how do i re name

And leave ur email so i can email em to u
2002-04-06, 1:18 PM #4
Actually, when you hit the New button on the toolbar, you should be able to just name it "(insert name here).pk3". That's how I did it.
OR
If you already have a .zip file and don't want to create a new file, you could go into MS-DOS. Navigate to the directory with your .zip file in it, and then use the following command:
REN (name).zip (name).pk3
so if your thing was named, Skin.zip:
REN Skin.zip Skin.pk3

That's the only way I know how to do it, there may be an easier way to do it in Windows, but I don't know. The rename file command in Windows won't change the file extention, but the DOS command will.
2002-04-06, 1:23 PM #5
The New command on the WinZip toolbar, that is. Wasn't sure if I made that clear [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2002-04-06, 1:47 PM #6
... or you could right-click your .zip file and click "Rename".
xMaps - Xeph's Mapping Realm
2002-04-06, 1:49 PM #7
But like I said, that doesn't change the file extention.
2002-04-06, 1:51 PM #8
it does on every version of Windows I've ever used.

------------------
//||\\atrix Studios.NET
//||\\atrix Studios.NET
2002-04-06, 2:02 PM #9
You have to disable "Hide Extensions to known file types" under the view tab in folder options.
2002-04-06, 2:51 PM #10
yep, show file extensions must be enabled, This can be found in the Tools menu under folder options. All file extensions can then be changed.

If this helps can u send a copy of the 2 skins two chris_brown_83@hotmail.com [No spam please]
"For all these years i have only known Dark Jedi, never one from the Light-Side...
...Somehow I expected more!"
2002-04-07, 8:46 AM #11
Oh, ok. I stand corrected.

↑ Up to the top!