Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Multiplayer Level Format
Multiplayer Level Format
2002-04-06, 5:17 AM #1
Hey guys, I have a question, It looks like some of the others kinda asked this question but no one replied them the answer im lookin for. "Say I'm using 3D Studio Max to create Multiplayer levels for Jedi Outcast. How could I successfully change format from the .max file to whatever JO (Jedi Outcast) uses without F**king up my map." Any Info no matter how small would be greatly appreciated here guys. Thanks!
2002-04-06, 8:37 AM #2
DONT USE 3dsm FOR LEVEL EDITING. IT DOESNT WORK WELL.

Happy trails
2002-04-06, 9:10 AM #3
I don't think you can use 3dsmax to make levels for JO. After saving the level in radient you use winzip to make the pk3 file.

------------------
When spending more then 3 hours each day for mapping.
You see the world in a diffrent view.
2002-04-06, 11:53 AM #4
3Dsm is great for models, NOT for levels.
2002-04-07, 9:58 AM #5
Well guys, being a 3D Animator myself im gonna have to tell you that i just got done reading a post from one of the head people at Raven He said it is possible, and that is what the used for some of the levels.

Still need to know how to change formats, though, I have four levels so far:

I. A Mos Eisly Remake- Very nice sniper posts
II. Shuttle Bay- Good for gun fights
III. A Cargo Bay with Lab connected- Also good for gun fights and Lightsaber battles
IV. Huge areana for about 9 people to battle with lightsabers and enough space to not run into each other.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2002-04-07, 11:07 AM #6
Hey vulorum i will do that thing you wanted done that you mentioned in the other forum that got closed the forum name PLEASE READ
So email what ever you need done to me okay!!

SoulBlazer42@hotmail.com

↑ Up to the top!