Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JO textures in GTK/EF Radiant
JO textures in GTK/EF Radiant
2002-04-07, 3:24 AM #1
Here's an idea, which I'm thinking of trying. For people making maps in GTK/EF Radiant, you could rip all the textures from the assets0.pk3 in the JO base folder and zip them to a pk3 file in the Q3/EF base folder making sure that pk3 file uses the same directory structure. Then when we get JORadiant we can recompile the map, place it in the base/maps directory and it should find the original textures from the original assets0.pk3 file. Unless JO Radiant includes pk3 files that overide any of the original textures the transition should be simple. Shaders could be a problem, though.

[This message has been edited by Admiral Mouse (edited April 07, 2002).]
2002-04-07, 6:39 AM #2
As long as you don't change any names - just don't try porting the shaders over. When you compile it for JKII, it will use the shaders.
2002-04-07, 11:22 AM #3
Already done it. There's quite a variety of textures to work with in JO...
2002-04-07, 12:02 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schnips:
Already done it. There's quite a variety of textures to work with in JO...</font>

Did you get the shaders to work? - I couldn't.
2002-04-07, 12:39 PM #5
No, I just loaded up the textures. Not too sure what shaders are...
2002-04-07, 1:19 PM #6
If you take a look in the assets0.pk3 file you'll see a directory called 'shaders' this directory contains scripts that change a texture in some way. In the original Q3 these resided in a directory called 'scripts'. I tried putting the shader files from JO into the Q3 scripts folder and they showed up in GTK Radiant but there was missing textures on all of the shaders registered.

Don't worry about it though, when you get JO Radiant just load the maps you've made into it and tidy up any corrupted textures.

Now, if they'd just hurry up and release JO Radiant... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

↑ Up to the top!