Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → mad, crazy idea
mad, crazy idea
2002-04-08, 4:02 AM #1
just had a stupid idea,

in theory would it be possible to make a transprrent skin by setting the textures to trransparrent???

not that i would use one, just wondered if it could be done?
"For all these years i have only known Dark Jedi, never one from the Light-Side...
...Somehow I expected more!"
2002-04-08, 5:01 AM #2
with .tga files, yes...might need some shader work, too.

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-08, 8:46 AM #3
Very possible, but in most cases ugly and framerate killing. When I get some SDK action, maybe I can attempt a specter model. That would defiantely be a cool possibilty.
2002-04-08, 9:26 AM #4
Morgan Katarn is transparent, and it doesn't slow down a bit on my computer when he shows up.
2002-04-08, 10:01 AM #5
Translucenies, NOT transparencies, BTW.

Translucensies shouldn't slow your framerate unless your system really sucks. Translucencies don't slow down rendering in JO as much as they do in JK.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2002-04-08, 10:29 AM #6
Sorry, translucent, my bad. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-04-08, 11:46 AM #7
actually, Morgan is not translucent on my system...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-08, 12:06 PM #8
I know he's not in MP. Is he not translucent in SP on your system?
2002-04-08, 11:18 PM #9
oh yes...SP, of course...
*smacks himself*

------------------
2002-04-09, 3:16 AM #10
you can get morgan translucent in MP if you want, i was mking a bot file for a new skin based on morgan and the skin was fine if you played as it but if you used the bot it would be the blue shimmerinmg translucent morgan, maybe if you extract his skin from the standard PK3 then make up a bot file for it, then you could have a translucent MP skin
"For all these years i have only known Dark Jedi, never one from the Light-Side...
...Somehow I expected more!"
2002-04-09, 5:17 AM #11
i was playing around and found out how to have an invisible skin... just make sure the files in you .skin file dont exist! no, it wont work on net play [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2002-04-09, 5:37 AM #12
Problem with the invisible skins... you cant see them, but unless the other players have the files, they can see you.

↑ Up to the top!