Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Double Bladed Saber Mod
Double Bladed Saber Mod
2002-04-07, 1:00 PM #1
Can someone make a double saber mod so you do not have to put the cheat in and you can fight ai [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] if not can you make it so when you die or restart level you keep you double saber???
2002-04-07, 1:04 PM #2
Um, no. First of all to make a double bladed saber that's on par with the lightsaber in JO is far beyond a modder's capacity. What I mean by this is be able to make a completely new lightsaber combat system with over 300 animations like the existing one. It just won't happen. And there's no program that'll do it for you either.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2002-04-07, 2:20 PM #3
You don't need additional animations, just a simple mod that makes the double bladed saber cheat on all the time for all players.

Although I agree with it being extremely hard to make it work like an actual double bladed saber and not a singe one...
2002-04-07, 2:35 PM #4
I looked through all of the assets0.pk3 and assets1.pk3 files and couldn't find anything for the Double-Bladed Lightsaber, however Luke, Desann and the Reborn Jedi only have this file for their Lightsaber's: saber_w.glm
While Kyle has saber_w.glm, saber_w.md3 and saber_w_1.md3 for his Lightsaber, perhaps the Double-Bladed Lightsaber is contained within one of these files?
2002-04-07, 2:52 PM #5
these are only the models of the lightsabers' cylinders, there is nothing for the blades in it.
In fact I don't know where to edit the sabers blades,I only found the jpg files and some shaders in the pk3s
2002-04-07, 3:39 PM #6
*sigh*

Load up multiplayer, start a game with cheats enabled. Select your lightsaber then holster it. Then type /thedestroyer in the console if you don't believe me that there's a double bladed saber.
2002-04-07, 3:47 PM #7
We know how to activate the Double-Bladed Lightsaber, we're trying to figure out where in the game code it is located so we can mod it to allow us to use it without the cheat.
2002-04-07, 3:52 PM #8
It's in the game code. Not the games data files. If any of you have quake 3 modding experience then you'll know what I'm talking about. Nearly all the console commands (cheats cvars etc.) are in the game code. So "thedestroyer", sets a flag or a cvar on the player to activate the double bladed lightsaber. This flag is defaulted to off. When the sdk comes out, we will be able to make the default on. It's pretty simple if you think about it, but you need the game code first in order to do it.
2002-04-07, 3:55 PM #9
Well at least it'd give us some time to come up with new animations when using the Double-Bladed Lightsaber while we await the release of the SDK [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

[This message has been edited by Darth Odisse (edited April 07, 2002).]
2002-04-07, 4:01 PM #10
I suppose it would. But that would be reeally hard... Even with the sdk, trying to get a double bladed saber to work properly would be back breaking! Mostly with blocking and stuff...

Meh, we'll see what we can do. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-04-08, 8:44 AM #11
Wait for the SDK, it will be ALOT easier if you do. Really the only editing now are skinds and some hunt and peck coding. The SDK will make things alot easier.
2002-04-08, 9:27 AM #12
Yeah, and you'll actually be able to edit the game code (for MP anyways... *sob*).
2002-04-08, 9:59 AM #13
WHY would you want a mod that makes the lightstaff on all the time?? It's stupid if you just have an extra blade with no new animations! Have the time the second blade goes right through the player, it's so cheesy!
2002-04-08, 10:27 AM #14
We've actually been talking about making new animations if you haven't noticed. :P
2002-04-08, 11:23 AM #15
Too bad the animations would be really, extremely difficult to look anywhere near as good as the ones in JO. Of course, we could always downgrade to JK level animations which totally defeats the purpose of the GHOUL2 animation system.

I think people have a hard time understanding that mod making isn't downloading a program, typing in "double saber mod" in a text field, and clicking a button that says "make mod" and your done. Mod making takes work, it's not point-click-point-click finished.
2002-04-08, 11:27 AM #16
I don't really care much for a double saber mod. First thing I'm gonna do is start messing around with the game code when the sdk is released. Hopefully if I get good enough I can start making a coop mod.

That's my plan. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-04-08, 2:10 PM #17
Wired Lamp Studios is already working in a co-op mod, they have it done for EF, just need it to be ported to JO now. I wouldn't waiste your time on it.
2002-04-08, 2:22 PM #18
I think the double-bladed saber mod is a good idea, the cheat code one is really stupid. The saber sticks right through you! i would, however, include other things in the mod, like sbx did. It could be an SBX 4!

------------------
----------
If I had a nickel for every time I met an intelligent person I would be in debt.
----------
When the going gets tough; the tough go super sayajin.
2002-04-08, 3:05 PM #19
Since when did anyone here say that modding was easy, there are ingenious modders out there, like the ones who made the hand-to-hand combat mod for Max Payne, I'm sure someone will be able to make new animations for the Double-Bladed Lightsaber.
2002-04-08, 4:20 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
Wired Lamp Studios is already working in a co-op mod, they have it done for EF, just need it to be ported to JO now. I wouldn't waiste your time on it.</font>

I would be doing it to learn more about the coding system. I already knew that one was being made, which told me that it was possible. I probably would never finish it anyway, it's just how I learn to do these sort of things; by doing them. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-04-09, 6:00 AM #21
It'd be really neat to spend much time on one MOD for a simple feature. If someone was to take on such a task, they'd (hopefully) just plan on releasing the double-bladed saber when it's finished with just a few animations that restrict the other blade from going through the player. Then,(if they were really smart) they'd make new moves and animations, and spend a lot of time on just that one aspect of the MOD, and let a couple others make some levels, and when everyone's done; release a nice little mod with levels. I'm so[/i] smart. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon

↑ Up to the top!