Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Old JK stuff for JO
Old JK stuff for JO
2002-04-05, 11:42 PM #1
Hey all, some of you may know me. Back in the day, I was known as Anime_Shinji and some of you may remember my funky maps like Jedi 4th of July, Dark Jedi Battlegrounds and Crystal Palace.

I'm thinking about remaking the old maps like Oasis and such. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Does anyone else have plans like this? I'd like to know so I don't end up doing the exact same thing as someone else does.

------------------
Hitokiri translation "cutting people"
Shinji translation, noun "belief"

Formally known as "Anime_Shinji"
2002-04-06, 12:50 AM #2
be quick or be dead...
read the other topics.

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-06, 8:40 AM #3
i wont tell yall what i am going to do... dont want any1 to steal my ideas... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-04-06, 9:14 AM #4
Make something new, ok the old levels is fun but its time to make something new.

I been think of making a mountain city level.

------------------
When spending more then 3 hours each day for mapping.
You see the world in a diffrent view.
2002-04-06, 11:07 AM #5
Hmm, looks like massassi has changed a lot since I was last here...

Formally known as "Anime_Shinji"
2002-04-06, 11:30 PM #6
hehe...I noticed that, too. A lot of new or old new people here...
sorry about my post, but there are already lots of topics about Canyon Oasis and other old JK stuff being planned to convert...
didn't want to insult you. Dam, I has too leharn gooder english...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-07, 3:24 PM #7
I think it would be cool to re-create the whole orignal JK game. It would be kind of cool to see it in updated graphics. Of course this project would take ALOT of time and effort and would probably not be easily acomplished. I just felt like sharing it w/ you all.
2002-04-07, 3:47 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hitokirishinji:
Hmm, looks like massassi has changed a lot since I was last here...</font>

Yes... sadly, it has. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I was kicked out of Smurfland for being purple. www.out-post.net
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2002-04-07, 5:33 PM #9
Don't recreate BGJ. It's already in the game as a 'secret' multiplayer lvl. Bespin Mining Station would be nice [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Always be evil or I will eat pie.
------------------
My name is FRNDS_Pommy...01000110010
0100000000 in Binary!
Official Staff Member of the Massassi Temple - File Poster, SotD updater...
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |&gt;|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-04-07, 7:18 PM #10
BGJ a secret level? Err, if its a secret, they didn't hid it very well...
Life is beautiful.
2002-04-08, 11:26 AM #11
1. It's 'secret' because you have to select duel mode.

2. Remaking Canyon Oasis for JK2 would most likely not be as good as it was in JK. As DeT said before, the gameplay has changed A LOT with JK2 and it wouldn't well suit it. A better alternative would be to create a CO-ish level with similar textures, the same theme, etc. I was thinking about a literal canyon oasis, a level with an oasis inside ruins which is inside a canyon.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2002-04-08, 2:20 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I was thinking about a literal canyon oasis, a level with an oasis inside ruins which is inside a canyon.</font>

Sort of like that level from JK called "Canyon Oasis" then? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2002-04-09, 6:04 AM #13
Where the heck have you been, Shinji?! I was wonderin' what happened to ya.
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon

↑ Up to the top!