Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Canyon Oasis
Canyon Oasis
2002-04-03, 7:19 AM #1
So then, who's gonna revive the classic Canyon Oasis map?
It would be nice if you could put a conc in it aswell...

------------------
"If it bleed's, we can kill it."
2002-04-03, 8:15 AM #2
Gotta have Canyon Oasis! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-04-03, 9:30 AM #3
You know it makes sence.

------------------
2002-04-03, 10:24 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You know it makes sence</font>

Rotfl.

[This message has been edited by Schnips (edited April 03, 2002).]
2002-04-03, 10:43 AM #5
The thing about Canyon Oasis was the flow and the jumps, since all this will have changed with JO, its unlikely that CO will play well.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2002-04-03, 10:45 AM #6
I'd like to see that level from MotS re-made for JO, I forget the name of the level, it's on cloud city where Luke and Vader duel in ESB.
2002-04-03, 10:52 AM #7
Yeah, someone needs to make the Cloud City Gantry. That would make a great duel level.
2002-04-03, 11:11 AM #8
I might have a go. But if I do I'll want to make it bigger, and maybe include the carbon chamber.
2002-04-03, 1:11 PM #9
Gantry is too small, currently, for JO and Force Push would be killer there!

------------------
I was kicked out of Smurfland for being purple. www.out-post.net
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2002-04-04, 3:12 AM #10
Rotfl ? i dont speak 'Geek' Schnips so write it out next time, and yes i did notice my poor spelling but it was too late to change it and i really didn't think anyone would care...but there's always one...

------------------
2002-04-04, 3:26 AM #11
If you're going to insult anyone who uses 'ROTFL' you've come to the wrong place, Bile.

In order to have a conc in oasis, you'd need a mod (which I'm positive someone will make). I don't think oasis will be a good addition to JO, but it's bound to be remade. Several times.

------------------
7 DP/H
xMaps - Xeph's Mapping Realm
2002-04-04, 11:31 AM #12
Someone made CAnyon Oasis for Quake 3 so I guess technicaly it has been made for JO....technicaly.

------------------
FRODO- BTW, j00 r teh distarber of teh Peece!
GANDALF- FuX0r!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
1337 Remakes for Movies SAJN_Master 2002 ©®
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Think while it's still legal.
2002-04-04, 11:38 AM #13
I reserve the right to use 1337 speak against anyone who makes a spelling mistake.
2002-04-04, 1:25 PM #14
1337 5p34k r0x0rz, so do Internet Acrynoms (rotfl, lol, brb, bbl, ect...)
.............what?
2002-04-05, 8:47 AM #15
haha, if you want to brag about being able to catch your own mistake...
why don't you catch your mistake in your signature?

an english lesson for you:

My wound bleeds
My wound bleed's <-----no

the apostrophe is used to show possession. That is, that someone/something is possessing something. As you have it, your signature doesn't make any sense. <-----pay attention to that last word there.

sorry, i just find it hard to read the posts that are written in bad english...i'd rather read l33t speak than read bad english.
2002-04-05, 12:17 PM #16
Bah, school 5u><()|25... |2 = R... I think.

------------------

Dark Wolf
Join the Imperial Order. www.imperialorder.org
2002-04-05, 10:05 PM #17
Dude! If you don't allow CO2, you might as well BAN n00b editors! The funny thing is, if you want to make CO2, you most likely won't have the skills, and if you can, you will know its a bad idea.

BTW, I won £10 of a friend. I said it would be less than a week before someone suggested canyon oasis 2.

------------------
My idea of balanced gameplay is the same amount of concussion rifles in each room.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2002-04-06, 3:17 AM #18
Well actually GoY if you take the absolute value of the timespan, and take into account that Canyon Oasis for JO was suggested about the time JO was announced. You actually lost the bet.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2002-04-06, 4:09 AM #19
He got the money though, and we all know that's the important part. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The universe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
2002-04-06, 5:13 AM #20
Listen 'mate', i just thought i would make a simple suggestion about an old map that was quite popular, i really didn't think you people would start picking apart my sentances lookin' for mistakes. Just get over it.

------------------
2002-04-06, 5:24 AM #21
im sure ive made some there too so dont even think about it...

------------------
2002-04-06, 9:53 AM #22
Just like how Schnips didn't expect you to blatantly insult him for replying to your topic.
2002-04-07, 9:00 AM #23
Stay out of this xeph.

------------------
2002-04-07, 11:25 AM #24
dont you mean 'picking my sentences apart'?

(sorry, i couldn't resist)

------------------
Bite the bullet, get lead poisoning.

Bilbo- im not home! BLARG!
My signature puts the 'hat' in 'phat'.
2002-04-07, 1:06 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bile:
Stay out of this xeph.

</font>

This is a PUBLIC forum, you know.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2002-04-07, 2:39 PM #26
Quote:
Stay out of this xeph.

</font>

*spray paints "massassi WAS here" on Bile and runs*

------------------
The truth is out there, but so are lies.
2002-04-08, 6:26 AM #27
This is all getting a bit childish now, why dont we put this spelling stuff behind us and just move on? Im not one to hold a grudge so lets just say you were all wrong and leave it at that eh? Good.

------------------
2002-04-08, 12:26 PM #28
You can always tell someones new here when they start suggesting reasonable solutions. I have better idea: Why not have a contest to see who can make the worst canyon oasis port?
2002-04-08, 12:58 PM #29
Quote:
This is all getting a bit childish now, why dont we put this spelling stuff behind us and just move on? Im not one to hold a grudge so lets just say you were all wrong and leave it at that eh? Good.

</font>

LOL, but he is right about it getting childish. I say, let people make the maps they want to make. It's not like we have to download and play them.
2002-04-08, 2:56 PM #30
I like that idea JM... I bet mine can have more HOM than yours! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]
2002-04-08, 4:00 PM #31
I've always found it humorous how innocent posts such as this one always seem to bring out the ignorance/immaturity in Massassians. Don't let it get to you Bile, it only gets worse.
irc.enterthegame.com
#JediKnight
#NDS
http://nds.clanspot.com
http://www.jediknight.net/jkmag
2002-04-08, 5:01 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">you were all wrong and leave it at that eh?</font>

Doesn't sound like he's much more mature than the majority.
2002-04-09, 3:07 AM #33
A bit boring without the pointless bickering though isn't it?
Sack it - let's carry on, Xeph, your an idiot mate...

------------------
2002-04-09, 5:44 AM #34
Strange how discussions about CO always end in conflict... havn't come across one that hasn't yet.
2002-04-09, 5:48 AM #35
Instead of asking who[/i] is going to make it, let's ask how much better[/i] can we make it? (considering, we all make variations of it, since it's going to be made to death. :P)
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2002-04-09, 9:48 AM #36
Jesus, Bile. I was joking, talk about touchy. Everyone makes spelling mistakes and yours was mildly ammusing.

You make it sound like I was calling your mother a filthy whore or something.
2002-04-09, 11:11 AM #37
Like Schnips said.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Xeph, your an idiot mate</font>

I love when people have grammatical errors when insulting someone else's intelligence. You're totally right, I'm actually quite dumb.
2002-04-09, 11:17 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xeph:
I like that idea JM... I bet mine can have more HOM than yours! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]</font>

I didn't think Q3 had HOM... But anyways, I think something based on the idea of Canyon Oasis is a good idea, but the actual level would look horribly boxy, especially when you have such a nice engine to work with. That last statement is supposed to be a joke, because i absolutely hate brush-based engines.

------------------
I can print "Hello World!" in 20 different programming languages!
Stuff
2002-04-09, 11:23 AM #39
You want HOM?
type devmap (anymap u want)
type noclip
fly out of the level's boundaries, and voila, HOMMMMMM

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...

↑ Up to the top!