Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Setting up Q3Radiant
Setting up Q3Radiant
2002-04-07, 8:23 PM #1
For anyone who wants to make maps for ChangKhan to compile, try this.

1. Create a Tools directory under Outcast's GameData and install Q3Radiant into it.

2. Startup Radaint. When it says "No quake..blah blah" just point it to jk2sp.exe in the GameData directory.

3. When it asks for the def file, point it to default.qe4 in the Tools directory.

4. Open project settings and change change "baseq3" to "base" in all the paths.

5. Restart Q3Radiant. Outcast should then show all the Outcast texture directories.

You still can't compile your maps because Raven has changed q3map, and only the most basic entities are the same in Outcast.

I've asked ChangKhan for the def files and q3map so we can have a go at compiling maps ourselves with Q3Radiant. Who knows, by tne time he answers we might already have JORadaint. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by UGG (edited April 07, 2002).]
2002-04-09, 1:52 AM #2
I have followed all of your steps except for the .def file thing. It never asked me for it. Do you know how to set it to that without the computer asking you to?

------------------
----------
When the going gets tough; the tough go super sayajin.
----------
When the going gets tough; the tough go super sayajin.
2002-04-09, 10:03 AM #3
Thanks UGG, I never thought of doing that. I was just using the Q3 directory and trying to extract all the textures from JO *slaps self...
2002-04-09, 10:23 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I've asked ChangKhan for the def files and q3map so we can have a go at compiling maps ourselves with Q3Radiant. Who knows, by tne time he answers we might already have JORadain.</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]
2002-04-10, 5:43 AM #5
Sweet thanks. Not having Q3 myself, I will finally be able to get started on editing JO.

------------------
You underestimate the power of the dark side...

Dethmatch Editing
2002-04-10, 9:11 AM #6
I´ve done everything, except the def file, because it never asked me where the .def file is, how can I change that without Radiant asking me?
2002-04-10, 10:40 AM #7
If it didn't ask for it, don't worry about it.

↑ Up to the top!