Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → I think this has already been asked but...
I think this has already been asked but...
2002-04-11, 11:14 AM #1
Couldnt you make JO run faster if you unpack the files for it thaat way it doesnt run off compressed files?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2002-04-11, 11:16 AM #2
Also, when is the level editor to be released? or is someone even makin one?
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2002-04-11, 11:42 AM #3
try it...but I don't think that you will notice the difference. And the Leveleditor will be released soon (1 day - 1 year).

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-11, 11:48 AM #4
The game will seem to read out of directories in base, but only when in the menu. When you actually start a game session, it seems to only read out of the pak files.
2002-04-11, 1:41 PM #5
Set the system variable 'svpure' to 0, and files in the directory structure will overwrite the pk3 when loaded; otherwise, the pk3 files take precedence, and in fact, it won't even look outside them for bsps.

↑ Up to the top!