Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Limit to the number of bushes visible at one time?
Limit to the number of bushes visible at one time?
2002-04-13, 5:22 AM #1
Is there a limit to the number of brushes that can be visible at one time?

I've made a large Imperial hangar, its made up of 626 brushes, and I've just started to get HOM. Its not a problem with a particular brush, as the HOM is in different places each time I complie the level.
2002-04-13, 8:28 AM #2
Check for leaks (I think it's in the misc menu). You may need to break out the caulk. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
"Good Asian dubs are like Steven Segal and plot; they just dont appear in the same movie." -Spork
2002-04-13, 11:58 AM #3
Sometimes, q3map just makes things hom for no good reason. It's happened to me a few times, a recompile always fixed it though.
2002-04-13, 3:15 PM #4
The map has no leaks and there is no caulk visible, I did discover some brushes that had 'duplicate planes' whatever that means, so I deleted all of them and the HOMing seemed to stop.
2002-04-13, 4:01 PM #5
Oh god no! There is HOM in JO? *dies*

------------------
The truth is out there, but so are lies.
2002-04-13, 4:14 PM #6
Of course theres HOM in JO. Sometimes, Q3map thinks brushes have duplicate planes when they don't, and culls the surface you want to be there. Oops.

↑ Up to the top!