Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → mp lightsaber models
mp lightsaber models
2002-04-14, 9:20 AM #1
I know you can change the player models in multiplayer with the \model reborn/boss command. But is there a way to load a different lightsaber base? example: using Luke's lightsaber model.
2002-04-14, 9:50 AM #2
To use luke's lightsaber (in SP and MP) (using WinZip):

1. Load the archive0.pk3. Choose 'sort by folder'. Look for the 'models/weapons2/saber_luke' folder. Extract all the files in it to gamedata/lukesaber (if there's an option for keeping the folder, turn it on).
2. Go to the gamedata/lukesaber/models/weapons2 folder, and rename the saber_luke folder to 'saber'.
3. Go back to the gamedata folder, rightclick on the 'lukesaber' folder and click 'Add to lukesaber.zip'. Once it's done, delete the lukesaber folder and put the lukesaber.zip file in the base folder.
4. Play the game, it should be ready.

If you want, you can make a new folder in the gamedata folder and put the lukesaber.zip in it, and then choose 'Load MOD' inside JO instead, it should work the same.

If you want to add Desann's or the Reborn's lightsaber, do the same except with the 'saber_desann' or 'saber_reborn' folders.

I don't know any way to load a different lightsaber base just using console commands.

thanks
jkmeteor
"Maybe you like rainbows"
I can't remember what to say!!!!
Click here for my homepage.

↑ Up to the top!