Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Call the Console Patrol!!
Call the Console Patrol!!
2002-04-19, 3:08 PM #1
Ok, so I need a console command that will print a message every time I select a certain weapon. (example: In Game, I pull out my lightsaber, and a message flashes on the top of the screen saying,"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.") How would I bind a console command to that sort of function, if it is possible?
"i've seen alot of kids (i'm 35) come on here and ask for advice about girls. look at potato here. he makes a tape and sings to a girl. some girls will laugh in your face, some behind your back and then some might love you for it. potato is a man. a man with a girl. -Darth Evad
2002-04-19, 3:22 PM #2
Go into the console and type "bind 1" that will tell you the console command that it uses to take out the saber....once you do this, type this in the console: (replace X with what 1 was originally binded to [probably something like weapon1 or weapon0])

bind 1 X; say Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]
2002-04-19, 4:29 PM #3
Well, I got it to work, but not with your way. I tried it and it didn't work so I fooled around a bit, and found that this worked
bind (weapon key goes here)"weapon x;say Hello, my name is Inigo Motoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."
(note: x=the weapon number)
"i've seen alot of kids (i'm 35) come on here and ask for advice about girls. look at potato here. he makes a tape and sings to a girl. some girls will laugh in your face, some behind your back and then some might love you for it. potato is a man. a man with a girl. -Darth Evad
2002-04-19, 4:30 PM #4
Also, how would I control what the death message says?
2002-04-20, 3:22 AM #5
what is the saber weapon key?

[This message has been edited by Wiggin (edited April 20, 2002).]
2002-04-20, 7:40 AM #6
the saber weapon key is 1
2002-04-20, 8:02 AM #7
so this would work? :

bind 1 "weapon 1;say I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."
2002-04-20, 8:34 AM #8
yes, in MP, although if you wanted it to show up in SP you would have to substitutes "say" with "echo"
2002-04-20, 11:10 AM #9
Schwartz? I think you mean Schwanz.

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-20, 11:16 AM #10
Um.. Is there a list of commands and crap that you can do in the console?
Doot!
2002-04-20, 11:17 AM #11
cmdlist, i think.

------------------
2002-04-20, 11:17 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Mad Hatter:
Well, I got it to work, but not with your way. I tried it and it didn't work so I fooled around a bit, and found that this worked
bind (weapon key goes here)"weapon x;say Hello, my name is Inigo Motoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."
(note: x=the weapon number)
</font>

Looks like the same thing but with quotes :P

Also notice what X meant in my last post.
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]

↑ Up to the top!