Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Taunt/Sound edits
Taunt/Sound edits
2002-04-23, 5:46 PM #1
Is there a way that I can edit the Reborn taunt to make a different sound? I want the Reborn MP Model to make the Reborn Boss sounds (to sound a little more... manly.) Also, I'd like to use sounds/chars/reborn3/anger3.mp3 for the Reborn taunt instead of the evil laugh sound. Any ideas?
2002-04-24, 5:15 AM #2
I think you should have a look at the sounds.cfg file...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-04-24, 12:10 PM #3
Ok, I opened the .pk3 file with the sound.cgs files in it. Do I need to make my own config file? Because when I tried to edit these, I opened them again (after editing them and saving them) and they were restored to their defaults. Is there a certain line I have to type?
2002-04-24, 1:02 PM #4
the sounds.cfg is located in assets0/models/players/anymodelname. It looks like this:
Code:
chars/anymodelname/misc
m

so just change the anymodelname entry in this file. I tried it and it worked.

/I just noticed that the two anymodelname entries mentioned above aren't neccessarily the same...so you have to check the sounds.cfg of the model you want to use the sounds of/

------------------

[This message has been edited by zagibu (edited April 24, 2002).]
2002-04-24, 1:35 PM #5
I'm kinda lost... can you explain that again? What specifically do I have to do? (Thanks this is much appreciated)
2002-04-24, 2:06 PM #6
what I did, was having a custom reborn use the reborn3 sounds (boss?). I extracted all the needed image files, etc. (.glm, .skin ...) PLUS sounds.cfg from assets0/models/players/reborn. Then I edited the image files, changed the entries in model_default.skin, blarbblarb, AND opened the sounds.cfg (with Notepad), which looked like that:
Code:
chars/reborn1/misc
m

I simply replaced the 1 with a 3, saved it, put everything into a .pk3, put that into JO\GameData\base, and voilà, my reborn sounded different.
Skin making is described in a tutorial on jediknightii.net, if you didn't know.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!