Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → iTunes Spyware?
iTunes Spyware?
2003-12-13, 4:28 AM #1
Hey, I've been using iTunes for a while now, and I've liked it up to this point, but it has severeal processes associated with it. Are any of them Spyware? Lots of them start up with the system, and iTunes doesn't seem to have any options to deactivate them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

------------------
Eat the pudding.
2003-12-13, 4:35 AM #2
Nah, I don't think. I believe its just the pointless "qtask" thingy.

------------------
Massassian since: March 12, 2001

[=-"The hardest thing is to forgive, but God does;
Even if you murdered or robbed, years wrong, but God loves;
Take one step toward him, he takes two toward you;
Even when all else fail, God supports you." - Nas
-=]
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-12-13, 4:36 AM #3
Spybot and Adaware never pick up anything when I do a scan, so I don't think it is.

------------------
Get busy living or get busy dying. - Andy Dufresne
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2003-12-13, 1:37 PM #4
One is the task manager thingie and the other is an iPod thing. As far as I know, I think if you have an iPod, when you plug it in, iTunes launches and synchronizes playlists and such.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2003-12-13, 3:30 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
One is the task manager thingie and the other is an iPod thing. As far as I know, I think if you have an iPod, when you plug it in, iTunes launches and synchronizes playlists and such.

</font>

Head on.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow

↑ Up to the top!