Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Stupid bands. You aren't cool, stop acting it.
Stupid bands. You aren't cool, stop acting it.
2004-03-01, 11:13 AM #1
What is it with these bands that will start off a song nice (or not), then instead of singing they just "WRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" then the rest is muffled yelling into the mic., it looks like they are giving oral pleasure to the mic. they are so friggin close to it. They jump around like n00bs and yell, and play this "Music"

"WRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MORRRRRRRRRRFU**RRRRRRRROOOOO DO NOT ****WITH THE RAAAAAAAAAH WHRARHHHH!"

These bands suck. It isn't music, if you think it is, then your opinion is WRONG!!!! IT'S DAMN FRIGGIN WRONG! :P

How do these bands get record deals? How do they even get famous!!!!???!?!?!?

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-01, 11:15 AM #2
What bands are you even talking about

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-03-01, 11:21 AM #3
Any band like what I described above!

This kind of "music" isn't BLOODY MUSIC!!!

http://www.secksinlyricform.com/jon/1.mp3
http://www.secksinlyricform.com/jon/2.mp3

------------------
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-01, 11:38 AM #4
There's a difference between yelling into the mic, and screaming into the mic.

A semi-local band called Tri-ac yells into the mic. The closest analogy to their music is this: Take your mother, and then jab several red-hot iron pikes through her body, and then dump sulphuric acid all over her arms and legs, and then have some elephants trample her. This my friends, is Tri-ac. Yelling into mic <> good music.

Leftover Crack or Rudimentary Peni, on the other hand, scream into the mic. Their music is good. fun. Stress relieving.

Screaming > Yelling.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-03-01, 11:49 AM #5
"There's a difference between yelling into the mic, and screaming into the mic."

No, no there isn't.
"WRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"
"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT METAL RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRHHHHDS!"

That is the same thing. It isn't singing, it isn't music. It's a man with his arm in a garbage disposal.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-01, 12:04 PM #6
Give examples of such bands.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-03-01, 12:55 PM #7
I'm not sure who the Hell those two clips are, but they suck.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-01, 12:58 PM #8
Screaming in songs really irritates me. Which is why I like very few SOAD songs. Some songs would be really good without the screaming.

Examples: Fear Factory - Zero Signal, Element Eighty - Broken Promises.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
---@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-03-01, 2:13 PM #9
DEFINITELY better w/o the screaming. Sounds like they either deepened or f-ed up their voices too, to a point where it can't be understood anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

Jeez, I thought I had heard bad, but those 2 clips take the cake.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-03-01, 2:21 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
They jump around like n00bs and yell, and play this "Music"
</font>

AHAHAHHhaahahhahaHHAhahahAhAha that are funny.

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-03-01, 2:49 PM #11
Wow, something we actually agree on! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

The world needs more quality singers like Chris Martin, Thom Yorke, and Matt Bellamy, not people who think they're being musical by giving themselves a sore throat.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-03-01, 2:59 PM #12
Actually, if you do it correctly, your throat won't hurt a bit.

And I don't see who gave you closed minded fools the right to define the word music.

www.betweentheburiedandme.com
www.thenumbertwelve.com
www.theredchord.com
www.wearedaughters.com
www.thrice.com
www.theonlybandever.com

Shut up.

Ha, I just listened to what you posted, and I kinda like it. Grind/Death Metal is nuts.

[This message has been edited by powertickle (edited March 01, 2004).]
2004-03-01, 3:45 PM #13
Back when I was listening to rock, that's pretty much what turned me off of Korn-style metal...I dug some of the band parts, but the actual guy singing was not dig.

The whole metal scene kind of scared me, too.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-03-01, 3:52 PM #14
http://www.islandrecords.com/thursday/

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-03-01, 3:57 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
Back when I was listening to rock, that's pretty much what turned me off of Korn-style metal...I dug some of the band parts, but the actual guy singing was not dig.

The whole metal scene kind of scared me, too.

</font>

lol Korn style? Forget about Korn. Forget about System of a Down. Forget about Disturbed. Forget about Linkin Park. Forget about Nu-Metal. It's not Metal.
2004-03-01, 4:04 PM #16
*shrug* Well, whatever you want to call it. It's either jazz or it's classical or its not worth my time is generally my attitude.

------------------
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-03-01, 4:06 PM #17
That's kind of a closed minded attitude.

It's the attitude of my 50 year old dad.
2004-03-01, 4:10 PM #18
Nah. I started on rock. Blink-182 to be exact. ;p I've been there already.

Hey, why didn't my smilie work? What the hell is this bull****?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited March 01, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited March 01, 2004).]
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-03-01, 4:12 PM #19
I guess you went over the whole spectrum of rock then?

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-03-01, 4:27 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">lol Korn style? Forget about Korn. Forget about System of a Down. Forget about Disturbed. Forget about Linkin Park. Forget about Nu-Metal. It's not Metal.</font>

While I don't like any of those bands either, don't you think what you said was a little close minded? Or maybe it was an opinion, like what SAJN posted?
So stop bashing him.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-01, 5:09 PM #21
How is hearing all of those bands pretty extensively and deciding that I don't like them closed minded?
2004-03-01, 6:04 PM #22
SAJN did the same thing, why is he close minded?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-03-01, 6:33 PM #23
Because his tastes aren't like powertickle's.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-03-01, 6:45 PM #24
I believe one of the best kinds of music combines a healthy mix of singing and screaming...bands like Thursday (Though Geoff's voice is terrible live..and only decent on most of the albums), A Static Lullaby, Finch, etc. But I agree with SAJN, I can't stand that kind of metal where it sounds like they're purposely mutilating their voices.

In my opinion, those kind of vocals are a cheap gimmick.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-03-01, 6:52 PM #25
Your favorite band sucks.

People have varied musical tastes. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's that simple.

Note that laying the righteous smackdown on those who define themselves by 'their music' is always acceptable, though. Damn posers.
2004-03-01, 7:28 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ictus:

People have varied musical tastes. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's that simple.
</font>

Precisely.

I'd describe music as any sound someone can find enjoyable. If you don't like chaotic sounds and screaming in the microphone, it's just gonna be noise to you.. so don't listen to it. No one's forcing you to. However there are people who appreciate it, and you need to respect that. People express themselves through music, and if everyone had the same tastes, the world would be a very boring place.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-03-01, 7:58 PM #27
Quote:
Your favorite band sucks.

</font>

i want that

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-03-02, 12:31 AM #28
Wolfy, I listen to Rock (Ayy kind just about, but not that yelling crap), Techno, Classical, Jazz.

Anything but Country, hip/hop, rap, and oprah.

------------------
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
2004-03-02, 6:41 AM #29
Well, getting back to the topic of bands that scream/yell, I believe that it is how the band uses it. Sometimes, yelling or screaming can fit with the music and can be used to achieve a certain effect. Other times, it doesn't work at all. Some songs would sound downright silly if the vocalist didn’t scream.

I don't think one should totally dismiss a band merely because they use screaming or yelling as opposed to a different vocal style (I'm not saying that you are required to like them either). Heck, even Thom Yorke yells in at least one Radiohead song (at the end of Climbing Up the Walls).

Different strokes for different folks. Some bands are simply acquired tastes. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-03-02, 6:55 AM #30
Cradle of Filth, Down The Sun, Mushroomhead, Slipknot, and Stonesour are examples of music that feature a bit of screaming and/or grunting. I don't listen to much of this type of music (I prefer positive and/or upbeat music), but I enjoy these bands. Music is an art, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Even a bird chirping in your front yard could be considered music from a certain perspective.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2004-03-02, 7:23 AM #31
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Nice words

I don't believe that anyone can jugde on music, art, literature or what ever.

"This isn't music" I heard that so often, but who are you to tell me what's music I ask...

I try not to tell others what good music is, but I know it's hard. It's so much easier to say this is bad.

I listened almost exclusively to metal, first Metallica, than heavy metal and than power metal. So I went through all types of metal.
But why listen to one genre? Now I listen sometimes to rap, house and black music.
After all that's not any better than to focus on one type of music. But who cares? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
My levels

www.i.hate.matyy.de

pazarol a világ, én meg segitek neki
My levels
2004-03-02, 8:51 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NAS_Matyy:
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Nice words

I don't believe that anyone can jugde on music, art, literature or what ever.

"This isn't music" I heard that so often, but who are you to tell me what's music I ask...

I try not to tell others what good music is, but I know it's hard. It's so much easier to say this is bad.

I listened almost exclusively to metal, first Metallica, than heavy metal and than power metal. So I went through all types of metal.
But why listen to one genre? Now I listen sometimes to rap, house and black music.
After all that's not any better than to focus on one type of music. But who cares? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

Read your first post. Then read this one. Hopefully you can figure out the problem.
2004-03-02, 10:00 AM #33
Quote:
People have varied musical tastes. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's that simple.</font>

I listen to music I don't like all the time. I enjoy it.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-03-02, 11:09 AM #34
powertickle, to whom where you talking? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I am either to tired or to stupid to find it out on my own

------------------
My levels

www.i.hate.matyy.de

pazarol a világ, én meg segitek neki
My levels
2004-03-02, 11:28 AM #35
I don't enjoy Korn or Static-X (even though I have one CD from each, though there is one or two songs that I like) mainly because they scream just to scream. I don't like an entire song to be screaming and guitar pounding.

------------------
Checksum: I thought about it, I guess I'm striving for my own personal ideals. I'll just project those ideals onto Jesus and say "I'm trying to be like Jesus" so that I won't have to listen to you banter endlessly about me worshipping a false god or some such.

The Last True Evil: Ironically, that's very Christian of you.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited March 02, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-03-02, 11:29 AM #36
One person's screaming is another person's music.

But that one person's music is another person's headache.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team

[This message has been edited by Darth Slaw (edited March 02, 2004).]
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-03-02, 1:23 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NAS_Matyy:
powertickle, to whom where you talking? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] I am either to tired or to stupid to find it out on my own

</font>

I was talking to SAJN_Master, since I found that post I quoted to be quite hypocritical in comparison to the initial post.
2004-03-02, 1:54 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth Slaw:
One person's screaming is another person's music.

But that one person's music is another person's headache.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

</font>

Hehe. I like that. Very nice. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-03-02, 4:03 PM #39
Anyone who can't enjoy Teen Cthulhu isn't worth my time of day... :P
Those bees all have paws!
2004-03-02, 10:51 PM #40
Listen to music like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom or After Forever. Seriously, those are beautiful ways of using grunts to accentuate the music - especially After Forever, since they combine it with a high-pitched female voice.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.

↑ Up to the top!