Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Minus the Bear
Minus the Bear
2004-03-13, 2:05 PM #1
Freaking brilliant band. I highly suggest you check them out, they're incredibly original. Such a mellow, laid back sound; amazing guitar work.

www.minusthebear.com
2004-03-13, 2:34 PM #2
Hmmm, I listened to Monkey Knife Fight and Wanna Throw Up, and it's pretty good. Good chill music, but I think it would be so much better without the keyboard. I think the keyboard kills the cool tone of the music, especially in Monkey Knife Fight. Nonetheless, it's a keeper.

If you like this stuff, you should definitely check out Jets to Brazil.

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-03-13, 4:51 PM #3
I love Jets to Brazil.
2004-03-17, 12:43 PM #4
Sorry, I downloaded MKF last week and forgot about it until now.

Okay, the keyboard opening rules. It reminds me of New Order, except not as good. However, this isn't meant to be a New Order type song, so that's not a slam on the band. The drum kicks in with a nice beat, and the guitar line is good.
Overall, I'd say that it's not bad. I need to listen to it later when I'm in a different mood to really judge it.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love

↑ Up to the top!