Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Mah Music
Mah Music
2004-03-28, 2:34 PM #1
clickarrhea.

There's several songs listed at the above link. I recommend the following:
  • Heaven's Theme - Piano instrumental, produced completely a la midi, and with a cheesey title. (Original composition.)
  • History Maker (Delirious?) - Drums & bass produced with FruityLoops 4.0 trial edition. The rest is real instrumentation.
  • My Glorious (Delirious?) - Live from last Thursday. I snipped the intro because we completely screwed it up. We're only a new, four-man band at this time, so don't expect much. (Plus I suck at coordinating the members as to where we're going next in the song.)

The other's are available to listen to. I'm just not openly recommending them, not that they necessarily suck. And the mix on the live songs is not so great. Our Sunday band always turns out much better.
And for credits on live stuff:
Me (Brandon Bull) - Lead guitar & lead vocals
Lance VanTine - Drums
Tim Christian - Bass (only a couple weeks ago he was an athiest and anarchist.)
Rocky Kampling - Acoustic Guitar

And in case you're wondering, we are licensed, so...
Used with permission.

And if you're theophobic, I wouldn't bother listening to anything besides "Heaven's Theme." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
- Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited March 28, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-03-28, 3:13 PM #2
Hm. I check out Heaven's theme, and it's piano, and just your everyday dramatic piano song. =)

History Maker, I like the recording quality, thought you might wanna put the panning at 70-80% for each respective side, it would blend in better, good groovy rock song, I like it. but maybe try to vary the color of the lead. it's kinda hollow, although it fits. also, your voice, you've got it down well. just a bit flat.

Solo, not that I'm that good at writing solos with a song, it's good, but I think it would need to be a tiny bit faster, and drag along less, even if it means more practicing. it would do a very nice contrast with the moderato speed rythm. =)

Apart from that, good. keep it up.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-03-28, 3:58 PM #3
I like the falsetto vocals over the main vocals. The only thing is the main vocals have a weird tremelo going on and it's annoying, it sounds kind of like you're afraid to sing but you have to, you have a good voice, use it.

Also, the bass needs to get in tempo. There's no reason it should be so out of sync with everything else. Either that or everyone needs to follow the bass/drums and not the acoustic guitar which might be the problem.

My Glorious kind of... just keeps on going and going without throwing anything new in there. It's worship music... isnt it? because you can tell.

------------------
please *
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-03-29, 2:37 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Seb:
also, your voice, you've got it down well. just a bit flat.</font>
And live, I sing sharp. I noticed after listening to these. I recorded History Maker while I was nearly deaf in one ear. That might've been the problem.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">History Maker, I like the recording quality, thought you might wanna put the panning at 70-80% for each respective side, it would blend in better</font>
I recorded with headphones, so it sounds different. I put it on my computer, and it made the two rhythm guitars sound faint. That's one of several things I have to fix. History Maker is definitely not a final yet. I plan on redoing the solo, and replacing the FruityLoops stuff with real instruments.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shming:
I like the falsetto vocals over the main vocals. The only thing is the main vocals have a weird tremelo going on and it's annoying, it sounds kind of like you're afraid to sing but you have to, you have a good voice, use it.</font>
I do the tremolo thing on purpose. I'm not sure when/where it developed into my style.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Also, the bass needs to get in tempo. There's no reason it should be so out of sync with everything else. Either that or everyone needs to follow the bass/drums and not the acoustic guitar which might be the problem.</font>
Our Bass player is new. He's not yet familliar with most of the songs we do.
Our drummer actually needs to pay more attention to me and be ready for me to que him into something. That's one of the reasons My Glorious dragged on so much at the end. I wanted to bring it down... but, oh well.

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
- Proverbs 27:17

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-03-31, 7:20 PM #5
Okay, I keep meaning to check this out. It's late now, but I'll try to remember to tomorrow.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-04-01, 8:38 AM #6
Hey, I know the History Maker song! That's one of my favorite worship songs!

Let's see... Heaven's Theme is pretty good.

Woah, I like your version of History Maker. That's a pretty groovy rendition of it.

I like the bassist. So what's the story of his turnaround?

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love

↑ Up to the top!