Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Tarantino's Gift
Tarantino's Gift
2004-04-10, 11:46 AM #1
What is it about Tarantino? Tarantino says that when he writes a story he figures out what songs to use as well. He's a genius when it comes to movie soundtracks. Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill all have great soundtracks (except for the RZA part of Kill Bill). He has a genuine gift of reviving old songs so that they seem that they were made to be in his movies.

Anyone else agree?

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-04-10, 3:34 PM #2
I haven't really seen any Tarantino movies, but a lot of 80's teen movies had excellent soundtracks.
Pretty in Pink and Donnie Darko had songs from bands like New Order, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen, and The Smiths.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-04-10, 4:25 PM #3
Definately. The Pulp Fiction soundtrack is still one of my favorite CDs.

------------------
"I sound like angry chickens, or maybe a space robot."
-Les Claypool of Primus
2004-04-10, 11:42 PM #4
You're just a Tarantino junkie, Alex.
2004-04-11, 4:24 AM #5
You better believe it!

------------------
You're entering a world of pain.
http://darkestspiral.greentinted.com
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-04-11, 6:25 AM #6
I like Robert Rodriguez soundtracks more. I mean, Desperado's score was done by Los Lobos, and beautifully done, if I may say so.

Once Upon A Time In Mexico's is just as good, in my opinion.

------------------
"To believe in God means to see that the facts of the world are not the end of the matter."
"Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me."
"And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up."
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-04-12, 12:21 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Once Upon A Time In Mexico's is just as good, in my opinion.</font>

Robert Rodriguez did that soundtrack.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-04-12, 1:43 PM #8
I know. That's...why I included it with my post.

------------------
"To believe in God means to see that the facts of the world are not the end of the matter."
"Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me."
"And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up."
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!