Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → JK Editing Resources
JK Editing Resources
2004-09-08, 6:21 PM #1
I would like to put together a sticky thread for this forum that contains usefull links to JK editing tutorials, tips, resources (textures, prefabs, etc), and anything else that editors could find useful. What I need from you guys is links to add to the sticky thread. So post away, anything you think that anyone else could find usefull.
2004-09-08, 6:23 PM #2
Also, links to past threads that contain usefull information could be good too.
2004-09-08, 11:21 PM #3
Codealliance

Max limits
Vector conveyor cog Force remap
2004-09-09, 1:40 AM #4
Well some will no that hidekis site millenium is down now, but fortunatly before it went down Darth Slaw got all his tutorials and uploaded them to my server. You can get all his editing tutorials here:cool:
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-09-09, 11:42 PM #5
JKPaint
Editor for BM, CMP, MAT and SFT files.
2004-09-10, 11:02 AM #6
I recently deleted all my bookmarks by accident. :(

But I remember Blender's home page:
[url]www.blender3d.com[/url]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-09-10, 11:54 AM #7
Home of the Datamaster, the ultimate cog and flags resource. Has also some other very useful things in petto. Hail to SaberMaster, author of this great stuff!

The unoffical JK specs, a great all around reference for Jedi Knight file internals. Many thanks to CodeAlliance, provider of this invaluable document!
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2004-09-18, 12:16 PM #8
This is my second favorite website related to Jedi Knight (massassi being the first):

http://www.jediknight.net/darkfall/
Pumpkins are the only living organisms with triangle eyes.
2004-10-05, 5:18 PM #9
My friend found this converter today. It supports JK 3dos; maybe it could be useful (he said he had trouble... probably when he loaded the converted model into lightwave? I dunno)

http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-05, 8:12 PM #10
Sweeet, thanks for posting that Slaw, that could prove infinitely profitable for a number of editors. That program supports an awful lot of formats.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-10-25, 2:19 PM #11
The following is one of the most useful threads in the editing forum's history -- it's a more robust version of this thread from a few years ago.

http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6114
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-11-07, 11:49 AM #12
Hate trying to make trees?
Tree Generator
-or-
OnyxTree (not free... or even cheap. :( )

There are a couple others, but their websites are down.

Oh, and you'll need another program to crunch down the polycount to a jk-suitable level. (Blender will do it.)
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-11-11, 9:09 AM #13
For best lighting results, bump up the gouraud and perspective distances in the level header. When the player passes the distances from a surface or 3do, it shifts into a lower lighting style (flat shading)
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2004-11-21, 11:49 AM #14
Where is that program that makes a mesh out of a grayscale image?
2004-11-21, 1:07 PM #15
I believe that's Hellcat's Terrain Generator.

You should be able to get a link to that off of Darth Slaw's sig.
2004-11-21, 2:42 PM #16
Yep. Go to sig, now with 1337 html organizational 1337ness ( ;) :rolleyes: ) Down in 3rd section (Jed951, Plugins, Other progs -- go to Other progs)

btw, have you been there Daft?

I was beginning to wonder if anyone has used it yet...

I have to PM jedikirby about that to see what's going on, because the one I'm linking to was supposed to be a temporary storage until Cool Matty uploads it all to his server (at least, that was the last I've heard from him...)

[edit]

Well, Cool Matty uploaded the plugins on his own server a while ago... use his b/c it's faster.
link to CM's server
The one I was using still has a few other useful programs, so you might have a look and see if any are useful.
link to old plugin backup site

[/edit]
2004-11-22, 9:34 AM #17
* JK Editing Hub *
The Hub should obviate the need for this sticky thread.

:)

[Edit: New link for the Hub.]
[Edit 2: Link for the new Hub.]
[Edit 3: Updated for newest Hub link and removal of old Hub links.]
2005-01-23, 2:33 PM #18
I'm not completely sure what the mission of the Hub is suppose to be; Massassi seems to have just about the same files with the exception of a couple modelling programs and the plugins, which are temporarily unavailable due to the revamping of the code-alliance web page.
2005-01-25, 4:43 PM #19
http://www.hellraiser64.com/JK/

JK Thing limit patcher should be in there. A must have when dealing with a lot of things!

Incase you don't know. It patches your JK.exe so your thing limit is no longer 640. It patches it to be alot higher.
2005-02-09, 4:00 PM #20
*Causes an enormous ammount of Emails*

Wuahahaha. :p

Anyway, figured I'd do Zeq a favor and "bump" this. Read his post a few up. ;)
-Hell Raiser
2005-04-07, 5:57 PM #21
Well in that case I'll do Cool Matty a favor and get all his bandwidth eaten up :p

link to CM's plugin server

The old one is still up... but that new one is much faster, so you should use that one.
The old one still has a few useful programs on it, so you might have a look to see if any of them prove useful to you. That's the only reason I will also include the old link in this post
2005-04-14, 6:33 PM #22
does any one know a really good source for textures, jk would be best but doesnt have to be jk?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-04-27, 11:30 AM #23
[url]www.magicforce.com[/url]

Home of JKEdit and JK3do

The best editors ever
I AM THE ENIGMA
2005-05-27, 1:13 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Alran
does any one know a really good source for textures, jk would be best but doesnt have to be jk?

This thread should have everything you need - http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24451

Sorry for the late reply. :o
2005-06-25, 8:20 AM #25
Have you ever wanted help on one of your projects, and didn't know how to ask?

Have you already asked for help, but received less than helpful responses?

Everyone who wants assistance with an editing project should read and understand this article:
"How To Ask Questions The Smart Way".

NOTE: The article uses the term, hacker, which refers to people who have skills in software; it does not refer to people who cheat in games by 'hacking' them.

:)
2011-03-08, 6:09 PM #26
[huh?]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2011-06-17, 8:29 AM #27
I was just wondering what software you guys use to do the final editing of your clips/films. And The kind of effects that is possible with the software.Thats it.
2011-06-28, 5:01 AM #28
Originally posted by sarah5baker:
Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing .

Interesting spam. Thanks for sharing.
2012-04-10, 4:10 PM #29
Originally posted by Charleserion:
[FONT=Times New Roman] I do not know exactly what the mission is believed to be the hub to be; Massassiseems to have almost the same files, with the exception of a few model programs and a few plug-ins that are temporarily unavailable due to renew Alliance codepage. [/FONT]

Cute hidden text, but it showed up in my email. ;) The Hub, many many years ago, was set up so that a JK Editor could have his or her own project space to share their projects with the community in a centralized place. A project creator could post screenshots, keep a news feed, have their own forum, and be able to upload their files no matter how big they were. Alas, those years are long gone, and I have no idea what's up and around now.
-Hell Raiser
2012-04-11, 2:09 AM #30
Actually HR (OMG IT'S HELL RAISER HOW YA DOIN MAN OMG), that's a spambot aping this post.

Funny how there are still spambots left in the forums no one really reads >.> <.<
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-08-28, 10:33 PM #31
Can you put some more links for other help..... i need some more...
read this link >>> http://www.prlog.org/12116397-ashfor...uire-soon.html
2012-08-29, 3:45 PM #32
Originally posted by Jaimion:
Can you put some more links for other help..... i need some more...

What specifically do you need help with? If you post your questions in this forum we'd be glad to help.
2012-09-25, 8:19 PM #33
Sweeet, thanks for posting said, cabbage, can prove infinitely profitable edit. The program supports the format.
He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
2017-10-21, 1:22 AM #34
Originally posted by CavEmaN:

That was a nice site from what I remember.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!