Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "Sticky elevator" bug in Half-Life..
"Sticky elevator" bug in Half-Life..
2004-11-10, 7:03 PM #1
I've been replaying Half Life: Opposing Force, but my game always gets stuck on one elevator near the beginning of the game. As the elevator goes down, the game saves, but after the saving is done, I can't move off the elevator at all.

Are there any fixes to the bug?
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
2004-11-10, 7:16 PM #2
Um... noclip?
2004-11-10, 7:21 PM #3
Yeah, it happened with one of the updates. There's a puzzle in Half-Life that requires the player to jump on two moving platforms, and, if one stops while you're on it, you get gibbed.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-11-10, 7:25 PM #4
Yeah once I found myself on an elevator stuck. So I reloaded and jumped while it moved. :p No sticky! :p

2004-11-10, 7:27 PM #5
I had that problem for a while too. I would constantly jump and move around on elevators. I got it fixed somehow. Are you using an ATI card by any chance?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-11-10, 7:36 PM #6
... What would the graphics card have to do with him being stuck on an elevator?

The two seem totally unrelated to me.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-11-10, 7:46 PM #7
Never mind, the ATI thing was an overflow error. I'm getting my errors all mixed up.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-11-11, 1:34 AM #8
That happened to me with the elevator near the start of Blue Shift. Reloading to an earlier point didn't help; I had to restart. Luckily it wasn't that far in.
2004-11-11, 1:45 AM #9
Happens to me too it's just an unresolved bug somewhere.
2004-11-11, 3:09 PM #10
Yea that happened to me too. The only thing I can tell you is keep jumping on the elevators. That's what worked for me.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-11-11, 3:18 PM #11
Or you could use noclip...

↑ Up to the top!