Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need some good fight scene music suggestions
Need some good fight scene music suggestions
2005-01-31, 3:13 AM #1
Hey guys, I need some good suggestions for music to be played during a fight scene. I've tried everything in my collection and nothing seems to "fit". I've tried searching google for suggestions, and so far nothing. So...at last, I turn to you, O faithful Masassians.

Here's some narrowing:

1. No Star Wars music
2. No Matrix Music
3. No LOTR music
4. No heavy metal

I'm looking for something preferably with a good fast beat, but not techno.

P.S. I apologize for posting this outside the music section, but I need alot of suggestions. Thanks :)
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997
2005-01-31, 3:25 AM #2
Linkin Park feat. The X-Cutioners - It's Goin Down
STFU n00b...>.<
2005-01-31, 3:28 AM #3
You said no heavy metal, but I decided to ignore you, this song isn't that heavy anyway...

Nightwish - The Kinslayer

[edit: I or another admin will move this after a few more replies]
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-31, 3:55 AM #4
28 Days Later - In the House - In a Heartbeat

slow at the beginning but what comes later might be what your looking for...
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-01-31, 4:30 AM #5
The Bourne Identity Soundtrack - The Appartement
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-31, 4:35 AM #6
Alexander Brandon - Paris Chatedral (Combat)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-31, 4:38 AM #7
Nightwish - Romanticide

Within Temptation - Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)

They're both metal, but neither of them is heavy metal.. More symphonic/gothic/fairytale oriented. Especially Jillian's chorus is quite awesome.
2005-01-31, 5:43 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by James Bond
28 Days Later - In the House - In a Heartbeat

slow at the beginning but what comes later might be what your looking for...

What is that song in that movie when the guy was running around in the empty streets after the hospital wakeup?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-31, 5:43 AM #9
CKY - Genesis 12a or The Clay People - Awake.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-01-31, 5:59 AM #10
Any music from Deus Ex which is a mix of techno and orchestral sound.

Ever thought of music from the James Bond movies (NOTE: from any decent James Bond movies that include Goldeneye or any film before it).
2005-01-31, 9:26 AM #11
When you say no techno, do you mean no electronica, or do you just mean that particular genre? I'm guessing that you're like most people, and when you say techno, you actually mean something far more vast.

Bah...I tried, but you've ruled out 95% of my playlist, and Enya isn't good fight music, unless you're drunk. :/
2005-01-31, 9:30 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
The Bourne Identity Soundtrack - The Appartement

Seconded.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-31, 9:30 AM #13
I presumed he meant no trance/rave like most people. Too bad, goa or psychadelic practically is fight music.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-31, 9:40 AM #14
Iggy & the Stooges - Search and Destroy

Yes. Yes. Good. Yes.
2005-01-31, 9:42 AM #15
Deus Ex music.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-31, 9:57 AM #16
If you are looking for something to a different beat, try the extended version of the opening theme for "Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex"

Found it on Shareaza and it is quite good. Might work if a fight scene if you want the fight to be more "artistic" than gritty.
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2005-01-31, 9:59 AM #17
Yeah, and Badger Song.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-31, 10:01 AM #18
Green Day - American Idiot (you'd be surprised how well it works)

Then again, there's always Drowning Pool - Bodies (not too heavyish)
Hazard a company one process.
2005-01-31, 10:17 AM #19
Led Zepplin - Kashmir
2005-01-31, 11:03 AM #20
IMO, the two songs that would go best to a fight-scene. These are only a few seconds of radio quality clips, but if you like you can PM me and I can tell you more info about the artists.
Bad Company - Bullet time
Temper K & D-Fire - The Decision

too big of an attachment, try checking em out online
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-31, 11:55 AM #21
You can search Magnatune and see if you can come up with anything. They have songs available to be liscensed. Otherwise, try Mitch Brinks (http://www.mbsoundworks.com) or Bjorn Lynne(http://www.lynnemusic.com), or one of the artists they link to. Bjorn Lynne has done some stuff for the Worms series of games, and Mitch Brinks has done some independent game soundtracks.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-31, 2:11 PM #22
Resident Evil Soundtrack-Seizure of Power

Oasis-****in' in the Bushes (Anyone who's seen Snatch can attest to this).

Rage Against the Machine-Sleep Now in the Fire

New Order-Confusion

Overseer-Supermoves
2005-01-31, 2:14 PM #23
Rammstein (sorry if the spelling is off)
2005-01-31, 2:23 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight
Rammstein (sorry if the spelling is off)

asche!
2005-01-31, 2:31 PM #25
Thanks for all the help and suggestions! I'm currently in the process of attempting to listen to most of the songs you guys have suggested. I'll let you all know if there are any that work in the context of my film.

Keep 'em coming! :)
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997
2005-01-31, 2:36 PM #26
Some of the stuff from the Batman Beyond animated series.
2005-01-31, 2:42 PM #27
You could use that song from HL2, from the part where you're on the airboat and the helicopter is chasing you.
Stuff
2005-01-31, 2:42 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by sum1givusaname
Led Zepplin - Kashmir

Er...no? I can't think of a single Led Zeppelin song that fits a fight scene. Led Zeppelin is like a blues heavy metal...not fighting music.

I'd suggest songs from movies that feature...fighting. The Bourne Identity, Kill Bill, etc.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-31, 2:44 PM #29
Kill Bill sound track - Santa Esmeralda

I made my own edited version for dueling in my mod of that song :). Pm me if you want it.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-01-31, 2:51 PM #30
Darude - Ecstasy
(was it darude?)

Oh yeah...
and...

The Prince of Persia: Sand of Time Music

SUch as... 07- The Bridge
Well just about every song From PoP:SoT was awesome. My suggestion, you could use alot in there.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-01-31, 2:55 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by edicimoh
Green Day - American Idiot (you'd be surprised how well it works)

Then again, there's always Drowning Pool - Bodies (not too heavyish)

both overused. then again so is Blur - Song 2... but not as much... (it's the 'i got my head shaved... by a jumbo jet [blah blah] WHOOO HOOO! song) and it might work.

ERROR - Jack the Ripper

A lot of Evergreen Terrace songs. and some from their cover CD.

KMFDM - Full Worm Garden or Save Me (kmfdm did the mortal kombat theme)

KoRn - No Place To Hide or Make Me Bad(if its a fight that builds up or esceletes, certain parts would work very well)

My Chemical Romance - You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

Rammstein - Morgenstern (if its sorta emotional, but kinda dark)

Skinny Puppy - Pro-test (very good)

Static-X... hard to put it in one song. there's a lot that would make great fight scenes... Push It, Black and White, New Pain. they are kinda heavy though. but they got a lot less screaming-ey in their last album.

Spider Bait - Black Betty. this cover puts the original to shame.

it would really help to give us some kinda plot info and what the fight is gonne be like and the setting.

and you cant really have much good fight music by cancelling out techno and 'heavy'.
2005-01-31, 2:57 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Cazor
KMFDM - Full Worm Garden or Save Me (kmfdm did the mortal kombat theme)

KMFDM did megalomaniac, the actual theme was Crystal Method I think
2005-01-31, 2:59 PM #33
oh... maybe it was a remix of the crystal method one for the movie? i just know i heard they did one of the themes.
2005-01-31, 3:01 PM #34
yeah, megalomaniac is 'sort of' the theme. It's the music they play in the credits.
2005-01-31, 3:02 PM #35
Prodigy - Breathe
2005-01-31, 3:23 PM #36
Nightwish - Slaying the Dreamer

At least last minute or so of it.
2005-01-31, 3:31 PM #37
The theme from Titanic!!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-31, 3:55 PM #38
It'd help if you could be more specific and set the scene up for us a bit. What is it? A duel? something larger? Gunplay? swords? foam rubber covered dowel-sticks? modern/futuristic/contemporary setting?

Anyhow, these are all instrumental, and they work just fine as background music for beat'em'up sessions with friends.

Tomoyasu Hotei - Katana Groove from the Samurai Fiction OST. He did that one kick-*** Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves tune in Kill Bill Vol. 1, which wouldn't be a bad tune either, except that it might be too recognizeable. There's a simpler version on the soundtrack called simply x which is essentially the acoustic instrumental version with only the taiko drumming in the background with some cymbals.

DJ Food - Dark Lady killer bass line, right there.

Amon Tobin - Chomp Samba and One Small step . Furious brazilian drum&bass by Amon Tobin in his earlier stages. Amon Tobin - Saboteur maybe not an action tune. But a great sneaky-stealthy infiltration tune.

Bonobo - Terrapin (Mr. Scruff mix) nice and simple forward propelling tune.

Chemical Brothers - Loops of Fury isn't "techno" [minirant] (if your concept of techno is just repetitive thudding 4/4 beats with cymbal hits syncopated inbetween and speeded up synth arpeggio and chord variations). Some people seem keen to label all electronica as "techno", which really isn't being made in the traditional sense anymore. [/minirant] Anyhow, like DJ Food, it's more breakbeat or house.

ethnic drumming:
Paco de Lucia - Percusion Arabe builds, intensifies and speeds up really nicely.
Kodo - Shake and Bird Island Taiko drumming. Probably goes well with martial arts.

As for the Stand Alone Complex tune that someone mentioned, you'll find it under Yoko Kanno/Origa/Shanti Snyder - Inner Universe .
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-31, 4:30 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
What is that song in that movie when the guy was running around in the empty streets after the hospital wakeup?

can't be sure, lent the dvd to a friend so I don't have it at the moment, try

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009B8BP/104-7820091-7089520?v=glance

check out some of the samples, I don't think (off the top of my head) that its either Beginning, Rage or Church, from the clips I'm leaning towards Then There Were Two....

i'll try and find out and let you know
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-01-31, 4:42 PM #40
Gladiator soundtrack. The Battle(the music from the opening battle in the movie) or Barbarian Horde(music from the first gladiator battle Maximus fights in Rome) for a quicker song.
Democracy: rule by the stupid

↑ Up to the top!