Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → How would I go about setting actor flags...
How would I go about setting actor flags...
2005-02-10, 11:36 PM #1
... to take damage...? I notice that the in-game baddies don't seem to take much damage from one another's fire. How might I go about setting them up to take full damage from another actor?

_K_
2005-02-11, 1:57 PM #2
increase the damage parameters of the enemy's bullet templates.
Code:
+bryarbolt   _weapon       ...damage=30.0 mindamage=10.0...
+stlaser     +bryarbolt    ...
+elaser      +stlaser      ...damage=12.0 mindamage=5.0

See how +elaser (used by baddies) is damage=12 and +stlaser (used by players) is damage=30?
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-02-11, 4:46 PM #3
That's not what he asked for. He was correct in that they don't take full damage. ... I spend too much time browsing DataMaster... Lol. So here's it's explanation of the particular flag responsible for doing what you asked. And I suggest picking up a copy of DataMaster as well. :)

0x1000000 Actor Flag
Normally, actors hit by fire from other actors aren't damaged that much. An actor with this flag fires projectiles that fully damage other actors.

(The damages are different between AI and player's bolt to make it easier for player, I imagine)
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-02-11, 6:48 PM #4
Oooofff... I appreciate your responses, but I guess my real question is: what format do I set/get actor flags and in what message of the actor cog do I put the 0x1000000...?

_K_
2005-02-11, 8:22 PM #5
You could do...

created:
SetActorFlags(GetSenderRef(), 0x1000000);

Or... you could just add it to the actors template. (copy master.tpl out of jeddata into your project dir, modify appropriate template)
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-02-11, 9:10 PM #6
"created" -- Duh: silly me...!

Thanx...!

_K_

↑ Up to the top!