Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Soham jury retires
Soham jury retires
2003-12-12, 4:41 AM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3312187.stm

I really can't see Ian Huntley getting away with this - I doubt that the jury can take long to come up with a unanimous guilty verdict for him... Check out the key points of the trail if you're not familiar with it - never a more guilty man have I ever seen.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2003-12-12, 8:10 AM #2
I haven't been following all that closely, but from what I know, the jury's not gonna take long making it's decision. My mum's been invited onto GMTV on Tuesday to talk about what makes women like Maxine Carr (and Myra Hindley etc) to 'do anything for the men they love'.

------------------
maeve is learning to sit up
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2003-12-12, 8:17 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
My mum's been invited onto GMTV on Tuesday to talk about what makes women like Maxine Carr (and Myra Hindley etc) to 'do anything for the men they love'.

</font>

Oooh, I watch that before I go to school [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2003-12-12, 9:21 AM #4
She might not do it, the idea of getting up at 3am so she can spend 2 minutes on TV isn't all that appealing to her, I'll let you know if she decides to it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------

2003-12-12, 11:41 AM #5
I don't like the idea about getting up that early either! Ouch!

It really can't take the jury that long to decide - "One drowned in my bath whilst trying to control a nosebleed and the other died because I had my hand over her mouth to stop her screaming..."

No chance - he should very rightly go down and rot behind bars for a very looooong time.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2003-12-12, 11:46 AM #6
I shall await her decision patiently [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] But, like you Maeve, I haven't been following this case closely either. Then again, I don't really follow any news closely...

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"We interrupt this program again, A. to annoy you, and B. to provide work for one of our announcers."
2003-12-12, 11:49 AM #7
Me neither this is the first time I ever heard of him.
2003-12-12, 10:56 PM #8
It's a Brit thing. And I'm kinda bored of it now. For ages it's been on the news and nothing else is new.

Hey... I just realised that news has "new" in... "new" topics!

------------------
"You've all heard this before... how life has infinite possibilities. I don't believe that one bit. There weren't many paths for me to choose. Sometimes, there would only be one. From the limited possibilities I faced, the choices I made have brought me this far. That's why I value the path I chose..."
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-13, 9:16 AM #9
darn I dont have a telly no more.

I dont get it, he looks like a normal bloke. But why the hell would anyone wanna kill two innocent little girls?-ooo look at me I'm stabbing a defensless creature she's in pain this making me feel real good bout myself right aboud now- Just sooo don't understand him.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-18, 12:48 AM #10
Well, couldn't find another topic on it, thought I may as well revive this one.

The jury came back yesterday after about 17 hours deliberation, we three verdicts all at a majority of 11-1. Ian Huntley was found guilty of both counts of murder and sentenced to two life sentences. Maxine Carr was found not guilty of assisting in the murders, but guilty for perverting the course of justice, namely saying that she was at the house with Huntley on the night the girls were murdered, when she wasn't. She was sentenced to three and a half years, she's served 16 months so far.

Now the big news at the moment is all the previous crimes that weren't allowed to be referred to during the case as they would influence the jury. Since the verdict came back, numerous rapes and assaults of young girls and women involving Ian Huntley have come to light. He was accused in many rape cases but never convicted. There's alot of talk right now of massive error on the part of the police in not making the link earlier, and also that of the school he worked at as a caretaker for granting him the job.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Soham case
The home secretary, David Blunkett, confirmed he was launching an independent inquiry into how Ian Huntley got a job as a school caretaker. He said: "In the light of the judgment of the court in finding Ian Huntley guilty of the murder of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman I felt the house would want to send to the families our love and concern. Our hearts go out to them this afternoon. I will be taking steps to initiate an investigation into some of the events from 1995 onwards."</font>

From The Guardian Online

Right, that's everything I can think of right now. I watched an interview on the news yesterday with an ex girlfriend of his who said that after three months together she told him she thought she was pregnant, whereupon he punched her in the stomach hard enough to send her across the room onto the bed. Luckily she was intelligent enough to leave him after that, but she said that one of the reasons she thought he liked young girls (and she said she was very aware that he was - apparently he went off with her 15 year old friend after dating her) was that he could tell them what to do and they'd be afraid of him enough to do it.

The press here is insane right now, there was nothing on the news yesterday except this, and if you take a look at http://www.mirror.co.uk/ you can see what I mean - there's only one link on the front page that isn't related to the Soham case.

------------------

2003-12-18, 9:45 AM #11
Heh... the police screwed up.

------------------
Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here, this was my dream, my wish, and it didn't come true. So I'm takin' it back. I'm takin' 'em all back.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2003-12-18, 9:50 AM #12
Mr Huntley, enjoy your two life sentences, you deserve them you little *******... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

Can't believe his girlfriend got "three and a half years for perverting the course of justice." They should have locked her away and binned the key as well.

Still, at least he's behind bars now... but are they going to do some stupid "It's fifteen years later now and he's been a good boy in jail, let's let him go."

I hope not.

------------------
"What is stronger, more powerful - the power to give life, or the power to take it away?" - Gee_4ce
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets

↑ Up to the top!