Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wher do think...
Wher do think...
2005-06-02, 11:57 AM #1
That computers are heading? Really with this molecular transiter this babies are gonna be small!

Discuss (sry had to)
2005-06-02, 12:08 PM #2
Is a "transiter" anything like a "transistor"?

Personally, I think we'll have ubiquitous computing pretty soon. Computing power will be scattered around in utility fog and smart dust, and we'll be able to plug in whenever we want. The "desktop" computer will become obsolete, as it will no longer be necessary to keep it in a fixed location (or even for it to exist in the form of a computer at any time). Larger mainframe computers will still be around, and they will probably use quantum computing augmented with biological/optical circuits (for those things that quantum computers just can't do). Everyone will have a brain implant chip that allows us to use our computers directly without an interface like a keyboard or mouse, and also to increase our mental facilities.

And Microsoft and Google will have a huge battle that will lay waste to most of the earth, but neither will prevail because the freely available software (which will be programmed by computers, without any human intervention whatsoever) will be far better than anything we can create.
Stuff
2005-06-02, 12:15 PM #3
skynet...

multi-core CPU's that all work together
2005-06-02, 12:37 PM #4
computers will be outlawed and humans must take on the task of training one another to have brains like computers, you will be able to tell these people by red stains on their lips and bushy eyebrows.

thats what my dad told me anyway.
2005-06-02, 12:39 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford
you will be able to tell these people by red stains on their lips and bushy eyebrows.

Dune?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-06-02, 12:40 PM #6
no, the future of computers.
2005-06-02, 12:43 PM #7
Things will get to the size of a small mobile phone + screen. Then we'll all be told it's damaging us and making us prone to cancer from radio waves. (again).
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.

↑ Up to the top!