Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Save the Internet!
Save the Internet!
2006-05-01, 8:56 AM #1
From AskANinja.com:

"Hey, this is a slight break from the funny (or a longer break from the funny if you're one of the ones that hates question 19 :D), but this is very important.

There is something called Net Neutrality that being quietly discussed in Washington DC. There's a lot of confusion about it, but here's a great video that explains what's going on:

<video>

Yeah, okay the audio sorta sucked, and the graphics weren't that sexy, but give him a break, he's a Libertarian.

If the ISPs get their way, people like the Ninja will no longer exist unless they have some sort of corporate seal of approval.

That would suck.

Please visit http://savetheinternet.com and see how you can get your voice heard on this important issue.

UPDATE
Other ways you can help:
Sign this petition.

Add Save The Internet on Myspace. "

I wasn't expecting this to be serious. But it was played on NPR's "All Things Considered".

Still wasn't expecting a serious video on this. :P
2006-05-01, 9:00 AM #2
The internet can collapse into a heap of digital rubbish for all I care.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-05-01, 9:05 AM #3
but...the internet is serious business
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-01, 9:12 AM #4
Has any web based petition ever done any good ever?

Just thought I'd ask.

Your friendly neighbourhood MANTRAIN.
2006-05-01, 9:20 AM #5
/me hops on the mantrain
2006-05-01, 9:44 AM #6
Well Martyn, I'm fairly sure that because of that web based petition, Nestle are working on bringing back CREMOLA FOAM! :D
nope.
2006-05-01, 9:57 AM #7
Originally posted by Martyn:

It brought us the Episode 2 world-wide release.
Or they saw how much more money they could make with a world-wide release...
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-05-01, 10:31 AM #8
Proxies FTW.
2006-05-01, 10:36 AM #9
i didn't watch the video but i have heard some at length discussions about it in different podcasts. the net must remain neutral. this is a result of large US companies being greedy.
2006-05-01, 10:44 AM #10
Online petitions got Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-05-01, 11:46 AM #11
Fair enough :)
2006-05-01, 11:50 AM #12
Originally posted by Martyn:

Just thought I'd ask.

Your friendly neighbourhood MANTRAIN.

Remember that Stargate one? Sigh.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-05-01, 11:51 AM #13
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
The internet can collapse into a heap of digital rubbish for all I care.

Your large e-penis goes with it too. Now do you care, eh?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!