Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → ISB Index and Appendices
ISB Index and Appendices
2007-08-08, 10:01 AM #1
Interactive Story Board Index and Appendices
[RIGHT]'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
ISB INDEX

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
[/RIGHT]

Welcome to the Interactive Story Board's Index and Appendices! Here you can easily search for significant ISB threads as well as read and write short, supplementary material for existing ISB threads, including "what if?" senarios!

In this first post is the index of significant threads that can be found in the Interactive Story Board.

++++UNDER CONSTRUCTION++++
(Grr...looks like I'll have to do this MANUALLY...)

ACTIVE THREADS

NeShattered
Pages: 2

NeSquared
Pages: 17

Exile: A Tale of Light and Dark
Pages: 1

Tatyana Search Men for Friendship

Massassi Soap Opera

The Spooky Taco Thread

Star Wars NeS

Star Wars NeS...again

The Adventures of Sgt Pnkks

A Knight's Tail
Pages: 3

Evaluation
Finished
Short story by Gebohq.

Intervention at Five (Dinner at Six)
Finished

Dreamer's Addiction: For Never Ever
Finished

Rough Sketches of a Happy Ending

Life in the Massassi Temple...take 2

The Invader
Finished

The Story of Mr. Higs

A.H.U.L.D.: A Story of Robotic Proportions

Scions of Light

Life in the Massassi Temple
Pages: 6

The Never-Ending Story Thread
Pages: 50

New Crazy Story
Pages: 3
More or less finished

Genesis: The New World

Project: Infinity

The Phantom Richoz
Pages: 10

The Eternal War
Pages: 12

The Original Massassi Soap Opera

Sith Hell
Pages: 4

Obviously, these are not the only options, and if you include a summary and a link to the story thread, I will be open to adding it to the list. So by all means, add your own post!)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-08-08, 10:40 PM #2
Interactive Story Board Index and Appendices
[RIGHT]''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

ISB Appendices
[/RIGHT]
[RIGHT]
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''[/RIGHT]

(This is a thread for all those story posts that never made it. Maybe they didn't fit with the story, or you never got a chance to write it when it came around. Whatever the reason, here you can post your own story posts and read others.

Rules:

1) This is not a singular story itself. Therefore, this is not the place to start a new story, nor are the posts made here suppose to connect with each other. Please keep the "alternate story" to a few posts or less--these are suppose to act as short stories or scenes.

2) These are not to be connected or associated in any way with the story they are based off of. Please do not try to make them so.

3) Have fun. Be creative. Since these are NOT to be associated with their original stories, make them in whatever style you please. Who knows, maybe your alternate story will influence the actual story.

4) If a alternate story in here is used in the story its related to, give credit where credit is due.

5) Tell us which story it is based off of and what the premise of your "alternate story" is before your post.

More guidelines and whatnot might be added as this progresses. The following is an example (and the first submission) of what the thread is all about. Hope this turns out well!)

Story: Saga of the 3rd War

Premise: A prologue for Saga of the 3rd War, introducing Bazaal and the dark wizards and how they built their fortress.

The sea wind pushed hard against Bazaal. He stood firm near the northern coast, allowing his black cape to take the wind's abuse. Standing beside him were six other figures, one of them being but a child, all clad in attire similar to Bazaal's. Bazaal paced around without direction, surveying the bare land, the dark night sky, the mountains, and the ocean that surrounded where he stood. One of the figures began to rub the back of his leg with his foot, but the others didn't dare move because of their fear of Bazaal's wrath.

"This should be an excellent area for my fortress," Bazaal said to himself. He turned to the six, cleared his throat, and said "What are all of your opinions? Should it be here?"

Bazaal looked at one of the figures. "It is a suitable site for our center of operations, Bazaal," the figure spoke. "Very suitable indeed."

Bazaal then turned his head slightly to the next figure, who said "I agree, your Excellency. And a nice view of the ocean, if I can say so myself."

Bazaal turned to the next figure, the one female of the six. "It's a wonderful place, my dear. You're always so good with choosing the right thing." The child spoke up immediately after, saying "Yeah, it's a real neat place!"

Bazaal smiled at the child's comment, and turned to the next figure. The figure nodded his head respectfully and said "A wise choice indeed, your Excellency."

Bazaal turned to the last figure, who was previously rubbing his leg with his foot. Bazaal looked at the figure as a teacher looks at a student who has been sleeping, and waiting for an answer to the question just asked. The figure simply shrugged. Bazaal sighed, and then signaled the figure to come to him. He also signaled the first he spoke to, and that person walked up to Bazaal as well. "Just like the last one. I'll supply the power," he said, then pointed at the figure who had nodded his head before. "...You'll supply the material..." Bazaal told him, then pointed at the other who came second, saying "...and you'll design it. Prepare yourselves..."

Bazaal closed his eyes, then with each hand clutched on top of their heads. An aura began to glow around Bazaal first, which then faded and reappeared around the two figures. The one who seemed indifferent to this whole situation simply lifted a fist in the air. Mimiking the sudden arm movement, the earth in front of them shot upwards as a volcanic eruption would. The figure then unrolled his fist gently, and the mountain-esque form split as gently, forming towers.

The figure then turned his hand to the other figure, offering it to do better. The second figure, now completely focused on the new creation, began to wave his hands, much like a conductor does in a performance. Loud drilling noises eminated as the insides were being carved, and the roughness of the mountain-esue form began to dissapear. Ports began to spot the form, and the thing as a whole began to look more and more like a fortress.

Bazaal then suddenly ripped his hands away, and smiled as the one having just finished nearly collapsed from having such power ripped away from him. Bazaal's smile quickly faded though as he realized the first simply crossed his arms and let his body slouch. "I shall add the finishing touches," Bazaal said. Extending his hand, Bazaal chanted words of an ancient language, the language that he used to incur his magic. The fortress then somehow gave the aura that it was alive now, sealed with a power that was bound to Bazaal and the figures.

One of the four standing behind Bazaal came foreward and thrusted his arms out dramatically. Spotlights surrounded the fortress, followed by a short light show. The others sighed and hit their heads, and the figure, now dissapointed at the lack of enthusiasm from the rest, walked back to where he was. Bazaal turned to the six again, brushing his cape back.

"Disperse now, and meet back here once you have witnessed Merlin in action," Bazaal said. "No doubt he will try something soon."

The six parted to their seperate ways, and Bazaal was left alone, once again, looking out towards the sea.

------------------
Check out the following stories:
The Neverending Story Thread(comedy *sci-fi/fantasy*)--never finished--

(in story order)
The Change (The Second War) (sci-fi/fantasy) --not finished/on hold--
The Crusade--tentative title (fantasy/sci-fi) --To Be Announced--
Saga of the 3rd War (fantasy/sci-fi) --finished--
The Shadows of Darkness (fantasy/sci-fi) --finished--
The Eternal War (fantasy/sci-fi) --not finished/IN PRODUCTION--
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-08-08, 10:40 PM #3
(NSP: I should mention that "New Crazy Story" actually HAD a "sequel" that Sarn_Cadrill tried to start up. Look above for the revision in what I'm talking about. Here's a tiny excuse for a A.S. post.)

Story: The Neverending Story Thread

Premise: A revised NeS post, on the idea that Galvatron had become the "leader" of the NeS heroes, rather than Gebohq.

*Meanwhilest, in the Massassi Office, the writers all sit bored, passively intrigued with the peeling of the paint on the walls. Maybe the writer plays a game of UNO solitare.*

Galv the writer: Okay. That's it. We've got to go rescue Geb.

Maybe the writer: Why?

Randy the Writer: Good point.

Galv the writer: *ahem* First of all, Geb is one of the elite fraternity of NES writers, and as a part of that brotherhood, we owe it to him to rescue him, despite the fact that he hasn't actually written in about 20 some-odd pages. Secondly, I have a feeling that he was framed, considering the fact that Gebohq has trouble enough turning on the computer, much less decrypting government files or whatever. Third, if we save him, maybe he'll give us money!

Bob the writer: Okay, I'm in.

Galv the writer: Now's the usual part where me, as leader, assigns you all menial tasks, while keeping the most glorious job for myself. Glorious meaning not just the most noticed, but also the one involving the least amount of work.

Maybe the writer: Wait, wait, wait... who says that you're the leader?

Galv the writer: I do.

Maybe the writer: Why?

Galv the writer: It's simple really. I was here first. And I'm the only robot around here, making me special.

Maybe *sarcastically*: Well, I'm just crushed under immense weight of your logic.

Galv the writer: Quiet you. We will have no truth here... I'll give you ice cream if you go along with it.

Maybe the writer: Mmmm...ice cream...--deal!

Galv the writer: Great. Okay. Bob, Ante, Krig, and I will go find the true hacker. He's bound to be in this very building, because of his IP address. Sem, you stay here and continue to download Hacker Booter. Were downloading at about 2.3 bytes per second right now, so an enduring attention span is a must. Masseto, I want you, to... um... go to the supermarket and get us some donuts!

Masseto the writer: Yay!

Galv the writer: Memories of Geb can be so heart-wrentching at times*sniff*--anywhos, Poster Galv, you go forth unto the nations...

Poster Galv: I shalt.

Galv the writer: While you're at it, find the new writers and explain to them the nuances of the Never Ending Story thread. Include the doctrine of Morris.

Poster Galv: May thy locusts devour me if I fail thee!

Galv the writer: Maybe... why don't you stay here and ... mop the floors and do the dishes!

Maybe the writer: *grumble*... male chauvinist tincan...
--------------------

*A few minutes later, Galv, Bob, Ante and Krig arrive at a dusty door in the attic of the Massassi Forums building. Crudely etched into the door with scissors are the letters ST. The door is locked, but voices can be heard inside.*

Ante the writer: : We've got to get through this door!

(ooc: Wow, was that bad dialogue, or what!)

Galv the writer: Right. We need something heavy, short, and hard to use as a battering ram.

*All eyes go to Krig. Bob and Galv pick up Krig, and rush towards the door. There is a coconut like sound as Krig impacts the door and shatters it.*

Krig: Krig no like that.

*Despite this, Krig seems fine. The door however, has a large hole in it. The writers step through the hole, and peer around into the foggy darkness. There they see the writers of the Spooky Taco thread... Wuss the writer... lordvader the writer... even some sort of duck-billed platypus suffering from an acute case of Hydrophobia. But at the computer console a crazed individual from the past taps at the keyboard with blinding speed and innacuarcy. His frazzeled hair matches his gaudy clothes. A luminesesent glow hangs over him softly. He turns around and looks over the writers with piercing glowing eyes. He opens his mouth and a slow stream of drool oozes out. Galv looks closely at him, squinting his eyes. He recognizes him, in horror.

Galv the writer: No... it's you... I thought you were gone forever.

Krig the writer: : Uh oh. Krig hate this evil man.

Bob the writer: : Who is this guy. I've never seen him before.

Galv the writer: : Once you do see him you never forget him. Though technically, I can't foget anything, being a robot and all...

*Krig closes his eyes and gets into the fetal position*

Bob the writer: Okay. But who is he!

Galv: He's...

Krig: He's...

Ante: He's...

*The hacker turns to Bob and with spittle flying out of his mouth starts to attempt to talk*

Hacker: I AM TEH OVERGLOW!

Bob: Overglow?

Overglow: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

*Oh no! The thrice-banned crazy massassian locale has returned to haunt our heroes! So he's the madman behind the Spooky Taco hacking! Can he be stopped? Will Sem download Hacker Booter in time? Will Maybe organize a mutiny against Galv? Will Masseto pick out the right type of donuts? What would Geb have done in place of Galv?--Why do I think that there'd jus tbe less references to robots in such a post? All this and more on The Never Ending Story Thread: The Next Generation*

(NSP: The original post was made on page 21 and had been written by Janitor Bob, for reference. Yes, I WAS lazy!)
2007-08-08, 10:41 PM #4
(Originally posted by Tracer)

Story: The Neverending Story

Premise: What if Ares didn't send Darkside to the North Pole via plothole? What if Twistedspasm was a lot stupider than he actually is?

*Twistedspasm has just appeared in a (temporarily) blinding poof of smoke, (momentarily) stunning those in the immediate vicinity.*

Ares: Ooooh...

Darkside: And just who are you?

Twistedspasm: My name's Twistedspasm, and I heard about you little circus - hey, is that a Corvette?

*Testosterone takes over Ares' major brain functions as he shifts into macho mode.*

Ares: Yep, she's a souped-up 1968 Chevrolet Corvette, with a 10-cylinder, 3-litre engine...

*Twistedspasm loses interest in the speech and begins to check out The Arena. Ares continues to babble, despite the fact that nobody's listening.*

Twistedspasm: Hey, what's that over there? Is that the tiger cage?

Darkside: Look, I don't know who you are or how you found your way here, but this isn't a circus.

Twistedspasm: But it's an arena, right?

Darkside: No, it's the Legion of SpookAy! SpookAy!

Twistedspasm: It doesn't look that spooky to me. Looks more like a circus...

Ares: ...Power windows, power steering, power brakes...

Darkside: No! This is not a circus! This is the Legion of SpookAy, home to me, the evil Darkside and my quest to break up the False Fellowship and capture The Machine That Goes Bing!

*Twistedspasm stares blankly at Darkside, completely confused.*

Ares: ...Anti-clutch retraction system, foreward-gear acceleration and a shiny chrome finish.

*His speil completed, Ares stands proud and tall beside his beloved Corvette.*

Phil the UGO driver: Yeah, whatever. He's probably making most of that stuff up. Overrated piece of junk...

*Phil gives the classic automobile a sharp kick in the hubcap.*

Ares: Don't kick my car.

Twistedspasm: Oh, I get it. You're saying that he's the ringmaster.

*Twistedspasm points at Phil.*

lightside: It's bingmaster.

Darkside: I am the master here! And you, Mr. Twistedspasm, will leave immediately or I will summon my guards!

*Twistedspasm's face darkens with comprehension.*

Twistedspasm: Oh, I see. I was only invited here so you could have the satisfaction of kicking me out! Furthermore...

Phil: Um, you weren't invited.

Twistedspasm: ...well, I am not accomodated!

*Darkside heaves a heavy sigh.*

Darkside: Phil, have the muppetwraiths remove him from the premises.

Twistedspasm: Hey, what's a muppetwraith?

*He brightens considerably.*

Twistedspasm: Is that some kind of clown? I love clowns!

lightside: No. You see, a muppetwraith is not quite a mop, not quite -

*lightside, along with everyone else, is trampled to the ground by a horde of robotic bath duckies. Bedlam ensues as the malfunctioning artificial fowl randomly attack the heroes, the villains and everything else within range.*

Darkside: Phil! What's happening? I said to summon the muppetwraiths, not these lackys!

Phil: I - I don't know! They've gone haywire, they're not responding to my commands!

*Phil is prevented from elaborating further as a rubber ducky accidentally wedges itself into his mouth.*

Cybernetic Rubber Ducky: Squeek Squeek!

Phil: Minthinduppl!

Ares: Oh no you don't!

*Several of the cybernetic duckies have broken off from the main group and are hurling themselves at Ares' Corvette. In a rage, Ares rises and slowly wades through the veritable sea of ducks towards his car, kicking and throwing any duckies in range.*

Ares: Get! Away! From! My! Car!

*Each syllable is punctuated by a punted rubber duck.*

Twistedspasm: This is the greatest show on earth!
2007-08-08, 10:42 PM #5
Story: The Never-ending Story Thread

Premise: This was originally a writing excersise I did, and the two characters and the scene in general is based of NeS. The words in parentheses are the actions that I was suppose to make my character convey.

(condemn)Ares: I'll send you to hell, you worthless mortal!

(defer)Gebohq: How are you sending me to hell? Don't you mean hades?

(reiterate)Ares: You will die and go to a BAD PLACE!

(complicate)Geb: But I don't believe in...Greek mythology...stuff.

(manipulate)Ares: You better start...or I'll kill your sister, Losien, instead!

(lie)Geb: Go ahead! She means nothing to me!

(avoid)Ares: Er... is that a donut over there?

(assult)Geb: A donut? GIVE ME!!

(push farther)Ares: Right over there, yes... a chocolate-covered cream-filled donut with jimmies on it... right by my evil trap filled with demons!

(retreat)Geb: AHHHH! Run away!

(buildup)Ares: You'll never escape alive now, with the demons from the tenth circle of hell after you!

(transfer)Geb: Wait... *to demons* Shouldn't you demons be attacking HIM for that "incident?"

(trivialize)Ares: It was only a few flurries--

(exxagerate)Geb: It was a freakin' BLIZZARD! In HELL!

*Ares fights demons off*

(punish)Ares: This is all your fault, and you will pay!

(retaliate)Geb: Not while I have ol' daddy-Zeus on speed-dial!

(submit)Ares: ...fine. Take your stupid sister Losien back, and the donut too.

(gloat)Geb: *while eating donut* Mmm... "beating a god of war" sure will look good on my hero resume.
2007-08-08, 10:42 PM #6
(NSP: A really sad excuse for an alternate story...)

Premise: What if Galvatron couldn't offer Geb a Pepsi?

Galv: Hmm want a pepsi?

Gebohq: Uhh sure...

Galv: Ok. *Taps Chest and it opens to releve a mini-Frige. Glav comes up empty-handed though.* Hmm... it seems I have no Pepsi.

Geb: Great, thanks...

38 pages later...

Maybechild: **** Geb for dying from dehydration and lack of caffinee to keep him awake!

Purevil: Ha ha! No Gebbo the clown to save NeS!

And thus was the end of NeS. Who would have thought...
2007-08-08, 10:43 PM #7
(NSP: Originally posted March 22, 2002 12:43 PM. For flow purposes, I've reposted it so that the next part comes next.)

Story: The Shadows of Darkness

Premise: What could have happened if Apathis had not committed suicide.

"God help me," Apathis muttered as he slumped down to the dirt ground. Hidden behind an aclove of blighted trees and sunken boulders within the Dead Woods, he took the time to examine his situation at hand.

Three, possibly five Daemon Lords are hunting me down. Why? No doubt Bazaal is a foolish old man, but he has no reason to kill me, and he always makes his reasons known then and there. My task concerning Gebohq was not that important, though the old man seemed to think so at the time. It had not been enough to break him--Bazaal wanted him dead.

In idle interest, Apathis watched his own shadow as its hand danced about on the ground. He was lost in his own thoughts of reflection.

What does it matter what I do anyway? There's no right or wrong way in the crossroads of life. It just is. The world doesn't care if you do this instead of that, as long as others continue on. Who cares why they do, or why I do. Except...

The shadow of his hand froze for a moment before it decided to touch his shadow's head.

Except Gebohq. Foolish man. Too touchy, t-too--

Apathis froze again, the shadow of his hand now somewhere where the shadow's heart would be. His vision suddenly changed, appearing to play tricks on him. Instead of his shadow, Apathis saw Gebohq there. He felt open now, somehow. The many things he knew and felt, once held back, began to flood his mind, with connections made that he had ignored before. Connections that he felt he could not control.

What if I've been taking the easy way, down the darker path? What if by being indifferent to the truth, I never live? What if the reality was more than the face value? What if living really meant I had to react, to stand for something? Am I a victim or a creator? Is there a Creator? Does he care? Have I lived without growth? Have I been too numb and childish to feel what really matters? Am I a child?... The wave of thoughts battered his stone soul, and Apathis felt he was the dirt and mud that he stood on, unsure of himself within the indifferent woods.

Shaking himself violently, Apathis deperately tried to rid the picture that was being connected. A picture of his life, a perception beyond fact and reason; a vision of God. Tears began to crack open, streaking down his marble face. Speaking in no one direction, Apathis fought to hold on to what he knew of himself against the unseen.

"You don't exist!" he screamed with all his might. "I was, am, and always will be right! There is no right or wrong--why? Why, why, why... Why won't you let me be? I didn't do anything!" He felt his conviction falter. The truth was more clear then he ever wished it to be. He was a seed on this earth, planted first in stone, and now humbled in dirt, given a chance to grow still...but was outside his control. "I won't be held responsible!" Apathis felt shadows of darkness plague his soul.

Fighting to hold onto everything he had known to be true, Apathis fell into a fetal position, holding the top of his head with his hands. Following his actions, two giant stone hands the size of a person rose from his sides, ready to close over him. But in that moment of time, Apathis thought of of Bazaal and of the judges of hell that stood with him, and what Gebohq had said nine years ago. Despite what he had thought, Apathis had never been free, not even when he had died nine years prior, and he would not be free from his actions if he fell dead now. His strength began to buckle, and the stone hands began to fall down upon him. He did not want to die now, but he felt it was too late; there was nothing he could do. Summoning a force within him, he pleaded that he may live one more day. With strength he thought he did not have, he shot upward, screaming with all the breath that he had. The stone hands flew away from him, shattering into the nothingness that they were summoned from. Apathis stood for several moments before collapsing back into the dirt.

As he was entering unconsciousness, Apathis felt the soft dirt, and realized that he would grow.
--------------------------------------
A small human boy who was supressing his fear and confusion stood waiting within a intimidating throne room. The boy tried to focus on any point but the alter and throne in front of him. The throne turned, revealing the aging dark wizard seated in it. Stuttering, the young boy began to speak.

"Y-your servent Apathis has...gone missing Lord Bazaal," the boy said, quickly flinching at the thought of being struck dead right there. Bazaal growled, clenching his fist. "Go," Bazaal said. The boy's confusion becoming more apparent, but did his best to control his fear and walk back out. As the boy approached the door though, Bazaal shoved his hand foreward, sending the boy's body into the door. Bleeding from the nose, the boy crawled out the door, closing it behind him before shuffling as quickly as his broken body could.

Bazaal whispered ancient words for a spell, placing his hand on the alter. The throne chambered pulsated in brightness, and on the surface of the alter, a hierarchy of circles and lines were etched in it, pulsating in the same manner. In plain sight, one of the six highest circles was missing, with a vast majority of the lower circles, those that were connected to it, now glowing yellow. Bazaal threw his fist on the alter, trying to hit the circle that should have been there.

"I don't know how you did it," Bazaal spoke, as if Apathis was there, "but you will pay for this!"

(Part 2 & 3 to come!)

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited July 05, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited February 05, 2003).]
2007-08-08, 10:44 PM #8
(NSP: Part 2!)

--------------------------------------------

High upon the Misty Mountains, Apathis watched. He watched as the small man before him cried softly. He watched as the small man walked a single path each day, through rain or shine or cold, and returned each night fighting unseen demons. He watched as the small man grew weaker, his will to live slowly fading. Apathis could only blame himself for putting Gebohq, this man he watched for days, before a trial of demons.

He could not allow Gebohq to take his own life; Apathis knew this much. What would he would do to make sure of that; Apathis had been struggling with the thought ever since he reached the cave Gebohq called home. Was Gebohq not a victim of circumstance? Apathis thought. He wasn't sure himself if such a thing as circumstance could even exist. All he knew is that he, not Gebohq, had been guilty, and that he had been pardoned; he had been given a second chance. There was no sin that could not be forgiven, no weakness that could not be renewed in strength, no power great or terrible enough to be stripped of life and free-will, not with who he knew to be God as judge. No power could then be executor against the will of that judge, not even the one on trial.

Apathis stepped foreward, towards Gebohq sitting in his hermitage, with every intention of being his defendant. Upon having heard footsteps, Gebohq sprung to attention, grabbing his sword.

"Who goes there?" said Gebohq. "Identify yourself!"

Taking a deep breath, Apathis stepped through the entrance, into Gebohq's vision. Gebohq's eyes widened in half-fear, half-rage, his whole body beginning to shake. Apathis slowly held up his hands, and attempted to make his case.

"I come in good will--"

"DIE!"[/b]

Gebohq charged at Apathis, his blade swinging towards his opponent's head. Apathis ducked and strafed to the side.

"Listen to me--"

"You MONSTER!"

Again, Gebohq swung his sword, and Apathis dodged. He continued taking the defensive, hoping Gebohq would notice, and perhaps even hear him out. A blind fury was swept over Gebohq though, giving Apathis little edge over him. Apathis was amazed how arrogant he had been before when faced against Gebohq; only now did he see Gebohq's skill as a fighter.

"You took everything!" Gebohq yelled. "My life! My love! All for your Master Bazaal! And now you come back! You souless, uncaring, evil *******!"

Anger sparked within Apathis. In a sudden turn of events, Apathis grabbed Gebohq by his sword-arm and twisted it. Gebohq dropped his sword, screaming in pain, and his legs began sinking into the ground. Spikes from the ground surrounded and enclosed his torso, ready to stab him. Apathis held still, still clutching Gebohq's arm, and breathing heavily, his eyes filled with hatred.

As quickly as it started, the spark of anger within Apathis dispelled. Apathis released his grip, backing away in near-disbelief at what had happened. The spikes retracted, and Gebohq's lower half rose back up. Apathis stared at a very confused Gebohq. Gebohq quickly picked his sword back up, and Apathis tensed, though neither made no move.

"Why are you here?" Gebohq demanded, trying to keep his legs from shaking. Apathis took another deep breath to collect his calm. It felt strange to him, to take effort in collecting himself. He felt challanged for what felt like the first time in his life. Apathis only hoped that he could succeed.

"I'm here... I'm here to make sure you don't make the same mistake I almost did."

"What? Trying to kill me?" Gebohq flipped.

"Yes."

"What?"

"I need to make sure--no. I WANT to make sure, that you won't kill yourself." Gebohq's face contorted into a painful confusion, yet Apathis continued on. "I've seen the pain you've been going through. I've watched as you walk that same path--"

"Do you expect me to believe that?" Gebohq interrupted.

"No..." Apathis said, but Gebohq continued on, not listening to Apathis.

"Stripping me of everything wasn't enough, was it? Now you come back to deny me an escape from my meaningless existence!"

"No!" Apathis retorted. "You're life ISN'T meaningless! You've done so much! You've helped fight off Bazaal, who stands against the freedom of those that need it most! You, of all your friends, were the only one to stop me!"

"Only to fail," Gebohq added bitterly. He turned to look at the ground, and slumped to the floor, sitting down.

"EVERYONE fails! Do you think I was sent here before to torture you? I was sent to kill you. But nine years ago, you showed me the truth about myself. You showed me that I was imprisoned in my own apathy, that I was without direction, and that I didn't have the freedom I thought I did. Not from Bazaal, not from my actions... and in that moment of truth, I saw Hell and its dark chains that bound me."

"Bazaal had brought me back from that eternal fate though, and I buried those thoughts. Over those nine years though, I never forgot, and the anger toiled within, no matter how well I denied it to myself. And when that moment came, when I was sent to kill you, I couldn't do it. Killing you wouldn't have brought that hell to you, as it did for me, and that is why I wrongly tortured you so. Still, I had not done what Bazaal commanded... and he sent his men to kill me... I was struck with a revelation. I was given another chance to do good. I had to come back here, to let you know that you do mean something. You've done so much right!"

"...Gebohq?"

Apathis saw Gebohq sitting silently, seemingly in his own world.

"Hey!" Apathis said. "Have you listened to anything I just said? You can't give up now! You can only fail by not getting back up!" Still, Gebohq sat there, unresponsive, fighting the unseen demons that haunted him. Apathis turned and stepped away in fustration, and looked in a general upward direction.

"How am I suppose to do anything if he won't listen to me?" Apathis asked towards the ceiling. "What am I suppose to do now?" Gebohq looked up momentarily, to see Apathis talking to someone who didn't seem to be there, and his sadness turned into confusion once again.

"Who are you talking to?" Gebohq asked, somewhat wary.

"God," Apathis said in a matter-of-fact tone. "Who's it look like I'm talking to?"

Gebohq slowly rose back up, his sword in hand, holding a defensive position. "We're going to just sit down, and talk this over..." It was apaprent that Gebohq thought Apathis as a madman. Apathis saw this too, and was almost offended.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" Apathis asked.

"Oh no, of course not!" Gebohq was quick to respond.

"Look," Apathis said in his defense, "YOU try experiencing a life-altering vision, and let's see how sane YOU look!"

Gebohq stood for a few moments, trying to piece together what Apathis had said before. He stared at Apathis, looking for some sign of trickery or illusion to reveal that Apathis could be someone else, and found none. Slowly, he came to grips with the idea that Apathis, in fact, came not in ill-will. What it was Apathis had come for, Gebohq was not entirely sure of, or believed.

"What is it you want?" Gebohq asked.

"Will you hear me out?" Apathis asked.

"...Yes."

Apathis smiled. Not a sinister or mocking smile, but a genuine, warm smile. The seed of hope had been planted, and he would now be able to help it grow.

The day passed, and the night grew. Apathis had explained, and re-explained his vision. He had reminded Gebohq of what he had to live for, and revealed the truth concerning Gebohq's love, Tessa. He showed Gebohq the good within, using the same reflecting magic Apathis had used before to cripple him, a magic that Gebohq himself possessed to a far greater ability. The two became like brothers, who had not seen each other for the longest times. Now, the two were sitting at the table, finishing their soup.

"Bleh! What'd you put in this stuff?" Gebohq asked in a light tone.

"Well, some of that leafy-stuff by the one tree, and some beetles, I think..." Apathis said. "It's good for you, I know that much," he said, reassuring himself.

"We need to work on your cooking skills," Gebohq said with a smirk.

"Yes...but not today," Apathis said. "I still have much I need to do." It was obvious what Apathis was implying to Gebohq.

"You can't go back!" Gebohq said. "Bazaal will kill you for certain!"

"He may," Apathis admitted. "But I have to try and stop Bazaal. If I don't, I'll be no better than I was serving him."

"You don't have to do it alone though," Gebohq said. "We could find the others who fought before--they must still be around! We could help!"

"No," Apathis said with a sad tone. "I fear what would happen... I must go alone. And I must go now. I must live my life as if it were my last day. I have faith now that you can fight the pain I have caused you. Just remember: your life is still yours, and your love still seeks you."

Gebohq nods in understanding, and walks with Apathis to the doorway, and waves by the door as Apathis continued out and towards the path north, and as Apathis walked off, Gebohq couldn't help but think that, even with such hope given, that he had witnessed the strangest turn of events in his life.

(Part 3--the confrontation with Bazaal--to come!)

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited February 09, 2003).]
2007-08-08, 10:45 PM #9
(Originally posted by AmyGreen13)

(NSP: im tired of waiting for you to finish this Geb. its my turn for an alternate story. hmmmpf. since i wasnt fast enough to do this in the real NeS thread i'll put it here.)

Story: The Neverending Story

Premise: Alternate ending to Sword Handling 101

jEDIkIRBY has just walked into the class.

Professor: Now jEDIkIRBY, Go take your seat! Now here is your lesson for today.

the professor, who looks and sounds a lot like John Cleese, walks over to one of the numerous racks of swords. taking one he adresses the class.

Prof: This, as some of you may know, is a sword. it is sharp on one end and blunt on the other. we do not hold the sword by the sharp end, like this *demonstrates* but rather by the blunt end, like this. *again, demonstrates* any questions?

Cricket: chirp chirp

Prof: That will be ENOUGH, Mr. Cricket. *glares*

Cricket: *bows his head in shame*

Prof: If there are no further questions, i'd like to thank you all for attending, and i hope to see you next semester in Sword Handling 102. Good day.

------------------
Luv,
Amy

Amy Green; serving the fine citizens of Ft. Huachuca since July 13, 2000.
2007-08-08, 10:45 PM #10

Premise:: How the Story Arcade fight between Janitor Bob and Dart Wader ended after Ford and Semievil left the Arena in the NeS Interactive P&C adventure game substory.

(NSP: This is in actuality a re-write of the end results of the Story Arcade fight itself from which the post was originally referring to, and an excuse to have something up until I post part 3 of my Apathis AS. The original Story Arcade fight is copied after this.)

The Arena's battleground is flooded with taco sauce. Dart Wader delivers the final blow on Janitor Bob as they battle in the deep waters...er...taco sauce. He swims back to the bleachers, and searches for Poster Geb, the one who had been mediating the fight. Poster Geb is nowhere to be found, however, and Dart Wader is at a loss.

Dart: Whewe's posthew Gweb?

Little does Dart Wader know that I, the Narrator, disposed of Poster Geb!

Dart: Uhh...

Now you shall fight ME!

Dart: Cwap.

Computer, if you could display the Update Screen with the stats.

J-Bob: 0 hps

Poster Geb: -4628 hps

Narrator: 5000 hps

Dart: 2 hps, wet pants.

Your move first, oh-narrative-one.>>

I will decree that Dart is struck down by a giant comet of ice, which will land right in the middle of the great Arena, yet miraculously miss me, the Narrator.

*Dart Wader attempts to run out of fluids to lose.*

*The Narrator suceeds, but Dart fails to run out of fluids and continues wetting his pants uncontrollably.*

Dart: -2680 hps, wet pants.

_--==The Narrator wins!==--_>>

Dart: Oww...

=============================================

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:14 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All NES (Not Entirely Serious) Dart Wader v. J-Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Place: The Arena!

Weather: Not sunny, but not therefore cloudy. But that does not in and of itself imply that there was sunlight to be had. This might be induced by the fact that it is nightime and the arena is lit by floodlights.

Challenger: Dart Wader

Defending Janitor: Janitor Bob

Geb the poster, high spiritual leader of the Nestians speaks:

"Dart Wader- Declare your weapons!"

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: NES (Not Entirely Serious) Dart Wader v. J-Bob
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I, Dart Wader declare my spech impediment-induced confusion, speech impediment lightsaber, and ominous spooky-evil look!

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del J-bob
Poster Geb then says "Janitor Bob! Declare your weapons!"

"I, Janitor Bob, declare my pushbroom, my Windex, and my rag." He then holds the pushbroom in a defense position.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Fight!
Dart Wader draws his Speech Impediment lightsaber with a Hithhhhhhhhh, and then uses his ominous spooky-evil look to frighten J-Bob into dropping his pushbroom on his foot!

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del J-bob strikes!
Trying hard to not gaze at his evil look, J-bob will draw out his Windex spritzer and spritz at Dart Wader's helmet, hoping to blind him. If he succeeds, he will then polish Dart Wader's helmet (with his rag. Nothing liek a good euphamism...)
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: J-bob strikes!
Dart's evil gaze fails on Bob, but the Windex maneuver suceeds, causeing the inside of Dart's helmet to show his reflection. Upon gazing at his own spooooooky relection, Dart panics, tearing off his helmet and falling backwards he crawls as fast as he can away from his helmet.

Dart: 59 hps
Bob: 60 hps

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del J(and silent) bob strikes back!
Janitor Bob will then charge at Dart Wader, intending on using his pushbroom to push Dart Wader over and into one of the cracks going down into the depths of the Arena (since it's built in a volcano and all)
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: J(and silent) bob strikes back!
Dart, recovering his manliness, and not wishing to be poked in the rear by a pushbroom, will turn to face Bob, and say: "Ohw, an I subbwose iu thauwd thad wuz funwy somehow? Wew jusd see how yow wike diis appews!"
Causing Bob to freeze in his tracks to wonder what the heck Dart said........

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:42 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Dum-dum-duuuuM!
Janitor Bob partially succeeds in pushing Dart Wader across the floor, but before he can push him over the edge, Dart's speech stops J-bob in his tracks, frozen in confusion.

Dart Wader: 58HP
J-bob: 60HP
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/12/02 10:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Dum-dum-duuuuM!
Dart takes advantage of the momentary confusion to strike Bob's pushbroom with his speech impediment lightsaber, hoping to confuse it into spreading dirt and dust instead of removing it.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 4:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del NeS fight
J-Bob will try and evade Dart's attack, hoping to trip Dart in teh process with his pushbroom.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 5:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: NeS fight
Dart suceeds in his move, smacking the pushbroom firmly with confusion. As J-Bob evades, the broom sweeps across Dart, covering him with dust. Realizing what has happened to his beloved janitorial instument, J-Bob is severely psycologically damaged.

Dart: 54 hps
J-Bob: 55 hps

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 5:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Retribution!
Janitor Bob, now angered by such defiling of a beautiful cleaning instrument, will turn his Windex spritzer into "stream" instead of "spray" and shoot Windex again at Dart Wader's eyes.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 5:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del IT BURNS!!!!!!!
Dart, eyes burning from the windex, tries his ominous spooky look again, hoping that with the bloodshot eyes it will be more effective

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 5:15 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Ouchies
Janitor Bob is successful in burning Dart Wader's eyes, but Dart Wader's spoookay look is amplified and succeeds in scaring the bezeesus out of J-bob, who promptly falls backwards, hurting his head a great deal.

Dart Wader: 50
Janitor Bob: 49

Oh no! Our hero is currently loosing? What will happen to Janitor Bob if he looses? Will his janitorial lisence be revoked? Will Dart Wader grow to super stardom? Tune in next time!

Narrator: INVINCIBLE! Mwahahahahha...*cough*
~Geb

Edited by: Gebohq at: 1/14/02 5:41:05 pm

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 5:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ouchies
Dart will reach down, grab a handfull of dirt from the ground, and throw it on J-Bob, then squeeze the windex off his face onto the dirt, making it a muddy, sterile mess.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/14/02 5:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Run J-Bob, run!
Janitor Bob will pull a "Geb" and run away in the opposite direction of Dart Wader, and head for the bleachers.

(btw--is everything of the Arena's peak in here? Like the 7-11, the Crow's Nest, etc etc?)
~Geb

Edited by: Gebohq at: 1/14/02 8:19:11 pm

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Run J-Bob, run!
Dart's move succeeds, and J-Bob becomes a muddy mess of muddiness. Paniced by his soiled state, J-Bob pulls a Geb the Writer instead of Geb the Hero, and runs around in circles like a decapitated farm fowl. Unfortunately in the confusion, he runs straight into Dart, and both fighteres tumble to the ground.

Dart: 47
J-Bob: 44

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Try again...
Janitor Bob, turning the Windex spray back to "Spray", will aim and shoot Windex in Dart's general direction, hoping to stall him as Janitor Bob runs again for the bleachers, trying his best to clean himself with his rag.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Dirty, dirty old man!
Dart will step through the Windex figuring his eyes are allready bleeding and can't get much worse, and follow, but dragging his feet, so as to kick up a cloud of dust and dirt in the general direction of J-Bob, soiling him further.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del To the beachers!
Dart Wader fails, the Windex fog stalling him as it burns his skin. Janitor Bob Makes it to the bleachers, but is not completely successful in cleaning all teh dirt off of him.

Janitor Bob: 44HP
Dart Wader: 43HP (after the burning subsides)
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Nawt fawwing fow it!
Dart will not follow, realizing that he has an advantage now that he has lagged behind, out of range of the spray. Instead, he will endevor to find the cheeze that was left in the arena on page 8

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Janitor Bob
Trying his best to clean the spots that he couldn't clean before with his rag, he will try and raid a hot dog stand for food, and then make his way to the Crow's Nest, eating anything he may or may not have obtained from the hot dog stand.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del No Hot-Dog for you!
Alas, the only refreshment to be found is at Enchilada Man's taco stand, and all they have is messy, messy food. Janitor Bob succeeds in becoming clean, but his progress to the Crow's nest is impeaded by his extreme caution not to make a mess.

Dart, for his part, smells the savory aroma of the tacos at Enchilada Man's stand and is drawn out of his hiding place towards it.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/16/02 9:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Taco-time!
Deciding to alter his plans, Janitor Bob will risk his hands becoming messy, run back to the Enchilada stand, and start to hurl tacos and other such Mexican products at Dart Wader. If Dart manages to evade and/or pass them, he will push the stand towards Dart's direction, and make a run for the Crow's next
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/18/02 8:22 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Calce Clunes!
Not one to question good fortune, Dart will try to catch the flying mexican food, then when the stand comes at him, step aside so as not to be hit. He will then follow the stand, and upon catching up with it, retreat to the DMV desk to eat. If the DMV people are still at the desk, he will pour taco sauce on their forms until they leave.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/18/02 12:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del oopsies
(Don't even have to roll to figure this one out...oops)

Dart Wader succeeds in evading the stand, and though is hit multiple times, mkes up for it with the mexican food stuffs that he eats. Dart Wader finds no one at the DMV desk.

Dart Wader: 44HP
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/18/02 4:47 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: oopsies
(Thought I'd point out that Dart seems to have randomly picked up an extra hit point.)

Dart will stop eating after the third portion and begin to construct a fort out of the DMV desk, millions of DMV forms, and the taco stand. He does this with comical speed, binding the whole thing together with taco sauce, of which there is a seemingly unlimited supply in the taco stand.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/18/02 4:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Fort Xanatos?
(I did that on purpose. He was gaining health eating the mexican food stuff, and though was hit by some, still managed to gain a HP Wonder why you're building a fort...)

Janitor Bob (assuming he got to the Crow's Nest), will dig to see what he can find there (besides mountains of porn).
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 8:01 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Fort Xanatos?
Ahh.

Dart's fort is built with the exception of one wall which falls down. J-Bob, after rooting around for several minutes, uncovers a pink bunny suit and a small lump of cheese.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 2:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Keeps going and going and...
"Oh, the things I do to live..." Janitor Bob will say, as he dons the pink bunny suit. He also takes the cheeze and a few porn magazines (making sure he touched them with only his pushbroom), and stashes them for possible later use. He will then head for the fort that Dart Wader is building (which he can see out the window of the Crow's Nest).
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 5:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Keeps going and going and...
Dart will hastily but carefully re-build the remaining wall of his fort. He will then tie a rope to the handle on top of the taco stand, which is poised on it's side near the top of the wall facing the Crow's nest, top facing out.

(GM note- The cheese that J-Bob now posesses is the yodification cheese.)

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 5:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del and the oh-so-exciting results
Dart succeeds in adding his finishing touches. J-bob succeeds in donning hte pink bunny suit and with his newfound speed, makes it standing nearby Dart Wader's makeshift fort.

Dart Wader: 44HP

(Let's hope some major damaging happens now...)

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 8:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del You asked for it.
As the rapidly approaching bunny nears his fortifications, Dart leaps into his fort, pulling on the rope just as the bunny nears the 10 foot proximity mark. The limitless taco sauce will pour out, makeing a huge mess everywhere outside the fort, including on J-Bob himself, before sweeping the plain of the arena in a spicy flood, hopfully getting in J-Bob's eyes.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 8:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Pr0n attack!
Upon seeing the taco sauce spew, Janitor Bob will slide, hoping to slow himself down (like sliding on a base in baseball), and then chuck the porn magazines, hoping to land them on/near Dart Wader.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 10:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Disaster area!
J-Bob is compleately covered and spice stings his eyes but slides, perhaps a little too succesfully, and ends up slamming directly into the fort. This brings the entire front wall tumbling down in both directions on both combatants in a flurry of taco-sauced paper. The porn magazines are lost in the flurry as the arena begins to flood with endless taco sauce, which is also now pouring into Dart's fort.

Dart: 33 hps

J-Bob: 28 hps, 1/2 blind and very messy

The taco sauce continues to rise.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 10:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del to shore!
Janitor Bob will do the best he can to make it to the bleachers, before the Arena floor floods with taco sauce.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 10:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Sailor Dart!
Dart, meanwhile, will endevor to reach the tacostand before the sauce gets too deep. Thereat, he will climb aboard and turn the sauce-spouting end away from the bleachers and use the flowing sauce to power himself there.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/19/02 10:20 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del More action-packed results
Both succeed. Janitor Bob manages to reach the bleachers, and Dart, on his floating taco stand, manages to do the same.

Janitor Bob: 28 hps, 1/2 blind and very messy
Dart Wader: 33HP
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/20/02 6:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del But wait! There's more!
Dart shouts forth with a mighty: "Yow muddew wa a hamswer, en yow faddew smewt ow ewder-bewwies!", Confusing J-Bob, before rushing towards him and pushing him back into the Taco sauce.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/20/02 6:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Singing to the invisible choir?
A soon as Janitor Bob hears the first syllable, he will try and mute it out by covering his ears and yelling "I CAN"T HEAR YOOOU! LA-LA LALA...", and then if possible, dodge Dart's charge, hoping that Dart will fall in the taco sauce himself.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/21/02 8:28 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Singing to the invisible choir?
Being allready 1/2 blind and having his ears covered, J-Bob is just as debilitated as if Dart's confuse was sucessful.

However, being covered with taco sauce, Dart fails to move forward, and instead slips and falls.

Dart: 28 hps

J-Bob: 28 hps, 1/2 blind, nearly deaf, and very messy.

Edit: typo in the hps

Edited by: BaisBlackfingers at: 1/21/02 8:29:58 am

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/21/02 11:14 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Clean-up!
Janitor Bob, upon noticing that he had not been pummeled, will whip out his rag to once again try and clean himself, trying a lot to cry on purpose to clear out his eyes (and hopefully see again). He will also try to keep Dart Wader at bay with his broomstick, possibly pushing him into the taco sauce if completely successful.
~Geb

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/21/02 5:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Must stay on bleachers!
Dart, perceiving J-Bob's plot, will try to use it to his advantage. Drawing his Speech impediment lightsaber again with another Hithhhhhhh, Dart will use it to anchor himself to one of the benches, at the same time being swept with dust and dirt from the confused pushbroom and regaining his traction.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/21/02 8:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Wiping scum away
Dart Wader succeeds only in igniting his speech-imediment lightsaber, before he looks at Janitor Bob, who appears to be crying. Realizing too late that he shouldn't worry about his enemy crying, Dart's lightsaber gets knocked down by Janitor Bob's pushbroom, being swept closer and closer to the taco sauce-filled Arena floor. Janitor Bob, before having cleared his eyes back up, failed to take into account though that there is a small wall about 3 feet high at the edge, keeping Dart from falling over. He does, however, get knocked into the wall slightly. Janitor Bob manages to clean his face, but nothing more.

Janitor Bob: 27HP, messy from the neck down (the messiness took a point, after having affected Janitor Bob for so long)

Dart Wader: 23HP

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(1/27/02 9:18 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Cheapshot
Dart, now covered in muddy/dusty taco sauce, will scoop up two handfuls of this concoction and throw them at J-Bobs face in rapid sucession, covering his retrival of his lightsaber.

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(1/27/02 12:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Playing dirty
Janitor Bob, having just finished wiping his face with his rag, will try his best to use his rag as a shield from the oncoming shots of muddy scoops of taco-sauce. He will also try and kick Dart Wader as he's down, being in rather close proximity to him.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/3/02 1:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Bandaids on a broken leg
Janitor Bob holds up his rag, but to no avail- the rag, allready saturated, barely does anything, and J-Bob's face becomes muddy once more. Dart recovers his lightsaber, and J-Bob's kicks merely result in him slipping on the taco-sauce and falling on his rear.

Dart: 23 hps

J-Bob: 21 hps, blind, messy, muddy, and on his rear

Gebohq
Mindless Follower
(2/5/02 4:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Reaching new lows
Janitor Bob, already on his rear, will try to trip Dart Wader with his pushbroom, making a wide mostly horizontal arch (going a little bit upwards though). Being blind, he will do his best to use his memory and what vibrations he can feel (in the air and ground) to determine the general area to swing.

Janitor Bob will also dwell on the thought that this moment has been the dirtiest moment he has felt since he had to clean the boy's bathroom after "The Incident" at Salk Middle School.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/8/02 6:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del New for Sale: Dart's Reach-Out-And-Touch-Someone Lightsaber!
Hoping for dear life that the mud and dust give him enough traction, Dart deftly dodges the dastardly display designed to deliver a devastating do-in, lightly leaping over the perilous pushbroom to precipitately bear a boggling blow to the blinded and be-reared blastphemer with his lightsaber lacking precise pronounciation, and challenges J-Bob, face to mud, to say THAT three times fast

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/9/02 4:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Dart doges and does damage deftly
Dart Wader succeeds in avoiding Janitor Bob's sweeping attack, and manages to jump on top of J-Bob, knocking him down. His speech-impediment lightsaber grazes Janitor Bob's hair, sending it standing straight up.

Dart: 23 hps

J-Bob: 18 hps, blind, messy, muddy, and pinned on his back

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 12:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Dart dislikes dangerous dirtbags.
Dart, seizing upon opportunity, will attempt to knock J-Bob unconscious with the hilt of his speech-impediment lightsaber.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:01 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Dart dislikes dangerous dirtbags.
Janitor Bob will attempt to use his Windex and aim as best as he can into Dart's mouth.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:19 pm)
Dart brings down his hilt and J-Bob sprays windex. Choking on the windex, Dart throws up into J-Bob's rag. Dart's hilt glances off the side of J-Bob's head and re-ignites into the floor of the stands, breaking off a huge chunk from where they were fighting, causing both fighters to tumble into the vast pool of taco sauce.

Dart and J-Bob float away from eachother, alongside the stands.

Dart: 16 hps, with a terrible after-taste.

J-Bob: 11 hps, blind, messy, muddy, smelling like puke, with a fresh windexy afterscent.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Splish-splash, taking a bath...
Janitor Bob will attempt to swim back to the stands, making sure to splash in Dart's direction as much as he can.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Splish-splash, taking a bath...
(Yes, it really was Geb who made that last move =P

Dart will follow suit, but Dart will use his legs to splash at J-Bob, to get J-Bob while he is out of J-Bob's normal splashing range.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the sauce...
J-Bob, overcome by his grimyness, barely reaches the stands not splashing.

Dart, however, much less concerned with the dirt as with the continuing sharp taste of windex manages three kick-splashes before he reaches the stands, two of which hit J-Bob as he struggles to keep afloat.

They now face each-other, 4 roiws up from the removed section, standing above a small inlet of sauce.

Dart: 14 hps, with a diminishing aftertaste.

J-Bob: 7 hps, blind, messy, muddy, smelling like puke, with a fresh windexy afterscent.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:38 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the sauc
"Foo! Tow down yow weapowns! Dow yow nowt see iwt is uswess to wesishht!"

Dart will then charge J-bob, and attempt to throw him back into the sauce.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:40 pm)
Doing his best to tune out Dart's words, Janitor Bob will try to stand steady, using his pushbroom to make a horizontal swing to knock Dart in the sauce first.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Ach! I used up the Jaws reference too soon!
Dart suceeds in mildly confusing J-Bob and J-Bob suceeds in sweeping Dart. However as Dart falls, he grabs the pushbroom, but J-Bob lets go! Unfortunately, the end of the pushbroom catches the rag, tearing a hole in it. J-Bob pulls the rag all the way out of his pocket and lets it go, but it is too late, J-Bob is pulled off his balance and bounces down the benches to land in the sauce, moments after Dart.

Both land in the saucy inlet with a splash.

Dart: 7 hps

J-Bob: 2 hps

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:53 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Oh the humanity! Think of the children!
In desperation and having virtually snapped from the sheer scale of messiness surrounding him, Janitor Bob will try to hit Dart Wader hard with the end of his pushbroom, making sure to let an end skim the surface for maximum splash damage.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 1:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Loading, please wait...
Dart, also at a desperate end-game situation, ducks under the sauce and pulls J-Bob down under the sauce, knowing that J-Bob won't last as long as he will.

BaisBlackfingers
Mindless Follower
(2/10/02 2:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Mwua-ha- Mwua-ha- Mwua-ha-ha
Dart suceeds after being lightly thwacked on the head, and J-Bob drowns diabolically without dinner or dessert!. Dart returns to the surface, where the Narrator awaits.

Dart: Whewe's posthew Gweb?

I disposed of him. Now you shall fight me!

Dart: 2 hps, wet pants.

The Narrator will decree that Dart is struck down by a giant comet of ice, which will land right in the middle of the great Arena, yet miraculously miss the Narrator.

Dart will run out of fluids to lose.

The Narrator suceeds, but Dart fails to run out of fluid and continues wetting his pants uncontrolably.

Dart: -2680 hps, wet pants.

----------------------------------------
_--==The Narrator wins!==--_
----------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited January 02, 2004).]
2007-08-08, 10:46 PM #11
(NSP: This is simply what was originally on the NeSquared thread.)

Author Topic: The Never-ending Story Thread²
Gebohq
0xABD posted October 25, 2003 06:48 PM
page 51
The Never-ending Story Thread², or NeSquared for short, is a continuation of The Never-ending Story, which can be found here:

http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum7/HTML/000032.html

The first post, or the 2000th reply or NeS if you will, will be up shortly. Until then...

B.U.M.P.!

IP: Logged

saberopus
0x854 posted October 25, 2003 07:46 PM
w00t.
------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum

shade
0x12E posted October 29, 2003 04:23 PM
and now...without further ado...I present to you:
B.U.M.P!

this message brought to you by the latest in frigwoggling technology. thank you and good night!

------------------
New from the makers of Air in a Box!
ever find yourself in the middle of the desert, wishing you had been able to pack a gallon of water? well, now you can, with, Dehydrated Water! just add water

shade
0x12E posted November 01, 2003 08:07 PM
uhm...[insert creative B.U.M.P. intro here]
B.U.M.P!
[insert creative B.U.M.P. finale here]
would y'all just post that big whatsit already? if y'all don't watch it, Galrek's going to kill the EeP in an , and it will be terribly undramatic and leave everybody feeling let down!

------------------
New from the makers of Air in a Box!
ever find yourself in the middle of the desert, wishing you had been able to pack a gallon of water? well, now you can, with, Dehydrated Water! just add water

Gebohq
0xABD posted November 02, 2003 01:25 AM
(NSP: Trust me, shade, it's getting worked on. If you wish to contribute, I'd suggest e-mailing such soon. Until then, I ask for patience. It'll be worth the time.)

jEDIkIRBY
0x4E6 posted November 02, 2003 10:49 AM
[NSP: Well, I'm going to make a post completely and utterly unrelated to NeS in any possible way, perhaps I'll start a brand new story. Maybe not.]
Amist the HoH, the gang shoots pool while JBob mops the floor.

Krig The Viking Haha, funny squirl

Gebohq Squirl!? Where!? EEK!

Gebohq jumps on the pool table, dancing like a frightened deer. Just then, a long purple creature scuries from inside the next room. The creature slides under the pool table as footsteps come from the next room.

Losien That wasn't a Squirl! It was a Mongoose!

JediKirby A Purple Mongoose, to be exact.

Everyone turns, and looks at Kirby, who had just entered the room with the footsteps.

Gebohq I thought you were dead?

JediKirby Yeah, I was.

Gebohq Eh?

JediKirby Plothole.

Gebohq Ah.

PurpleMongoose WAAAAAAAH, OMQ, THATZ GEBOK D00D, OMQ OMQ OMQ, SWEAT! I R UR BIGGIST PHAN!

Gebohq Uh... Hi.

PurpleMongoose was kicked by The_Mega_ZZTer (Simma Down)
PurpleMongoose Joined #NeS
Ford sets mode: +v PurpleMongoose
The_Mega_ZZTer sets mode: +b n00b@aol.234626.quest.usg.us
PurpleMongoose was kicked by The_Mega_ZZTer (Auto Rejoin == BAD)

Who is this strange creature JediKirby has braught to the HoH? How is The_Mega_ZZTer using his annoying yelling-kick scripts in the real world? Will Gebohq ever triumph over his fear of Squirls? Will Shade make formatted posts in NeSquared? Find out all of that and more, NEXT TIME on NeSquared

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin

The_Mega_ZZTer
0x321 posted November 02, 2003 10:52 AM
Pfft, I'm not THAT cruel!
The_Mega_ZZTer sets mode: -b n00b@aol.234626.quest.usg.us

------------------
The Mega-ZZTer's Gaming Haven! - Under Construction
NEW! PHP implementation underway!

[This message has been edited by Gebohq (edited December 28, 2003).]

Gebohq
0xABD posted November 06, 2003 07:20 PM
(NSP: I should say now that, while we're still accepting e-mails and such up to the last minute for the last post of page 50, I also encourage everyone to send ideas (or post if you can't e-mail) for the initial setting staging posts of NeSquared, and I'll see what I can do to incooperate the ideas and give credit where its due. After both are posted and we get moving on, I intend to copy and paste everything made here before the actual first story post into the "Alternate Stories" thread.
So until then, thank you for your patience. Krig's been super-helpful in compiling everything for the last post of page 50, and its looking very good so far. I hope you'll all feel the same when you read it.)

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Dead

Quest into new worlds or question the deep parts (and not so deep parts) of life at Merlin's Citadel!
2007-08-08, 10:47 PM #12
Story: NeShattered

Premise: This was originally an April Fool's post made during the "Subplot" 'age. I moved it here because this thread needs some lovin', and also because I was reorganizing the Subplot material into one page.

-------------------------------

Antestarr: Yes, Gebohq, it's me.

S. Geb: What do you think you're doing?

Antestarr: I'm taking control from now on. First thing's first -- I'm the leader of the NeS heroes, and I can't have good ol' Geb here threaten that.

Geb: But Antest--!!

BLAM!

Gebohq stares dumbfounded, then falls over. Camera pans to Antestarr, with a smoking revolver in his hand. He aims it at Gebohq, firing the rest of his shots into Gebohq's head. Shattered Geb's stares with fury at Antestarr, who is reloading his revolver.

S. Geb: YOU KILLED THE FATHER OF MY BRIDE!

Ante: No, I'm the father of the bride. It was important that you came here, so you could see just how serious I am about all of this.

S. Geb: Well hell if I'm going to let YOU anywhere near Young! You've got a villainous streak a hundred miles long! You'll backstab me the second you have the chance!

Shattered Geb brandishes his two blades. Before Antestarr can react, Shattered Geb attacks him in a blur. When all is sad and done, several lacerations pierce Antestarr's vitals, crippling his breathing, leaving him mortally wounded. Shattered Geb stands over him, blades poised for the killing blow.

S. Geb: Any last words?

Antestarr: Yes...

Antestarr pulls out something that looks like a communicator.

Antestarr: Master Thand... Code 505. Repeat...*cough* Code 505.

Thand: *over the communicator* Understood. You have been an excellent student, Antestarr.

Antestarr drops the communicator, and begins to chuckle in between blood-clotted coughs.

S. Geb: What are you laughing about? What did you do?

Antestarr: I... I had Arkng Thand... delete the NeS thread.

S. Geb: WHAT?!?!?

Antestarr: If *cough*... if I can't have the NeS... nobody can. I told Thand *cough* that the NeS was done for. He'll come to this thread now *cough*... and bring his wrath on you and all of your kind.

S. Geb: No... no, this can't be. It can't be gone. You're lying!

Antestarr: You know it's true. You can feel its life gone from the NeSword you wield. And there's nothing you can do! Hahahahahaha--*hacks blood from his lungs*

S. Geb: Oh, but you're wrong. There is something I can do... I can lock this thread. NARRATOR! DO MY BIDDING!

Yes, Lord of NeShatterd. Upon thrusting the NeSword into his own gut, Shattered Geb has killed the NeShattered thread. The entire setting bleeds, characters cease to be, and Antestarr stares in horror as Shattered Geb smiles wickedly.

S. Geb: THREAD LOCKED! HAHAHAHAhahahahahhaha....

Is this really the end of the Never-ending Story?

Geb the writer: Yeah right -- APRIL FOOL!

S. Geb: What? But... the deleting and the locking... my tummy hurts now :'(

Geb the writer: We're just gonna pretend this post doesn't count. Nobody will remember a thing by the next post...

S. Geb: I oughta show you a piece of my mind! I uh... just don't feel like it.

Geb the writer: Yeah yeah, whatever you say...
2007-09-19, 6:10 PM #13
I'm making this post mostly for an artist-friend. Hopefully, this will help her break free from her artist's block.

The Vision Cycle
A series of dramatic fantasy stories, set in our near-to-distant future, that often deal with philosophical-religous issues. The link provided is a "workshop" thread, where links to the other stories are provided.
  • Infamous world terrorist "[har" (Char) gets a "business call" while at his family get-together. (The Change)
    --This might be an interesting way to tackle the dicotomy between the "Norman American" ideal vs. the hidden fundamentalist terrorist actions that this man "Char" lives. See attached file "ENG271.ss2.doc" at the bottom for a similar story involving the same character.
  • Gebohq and the Avenger fight for their lives against a hive-mind creature (Saga of the 3rd War)
    --I pulled this post out mostly because of the crazy monster-creature that they fight. Gebohq looks mostly like his NeS-self (he's of a darker complexion, though, and his hair is darker and resembles more something like a helmet), and the Avenger probably looks something like Superman, except in a black tunic and cape (his description evolved as he was merged with Highemperor's character in later story-writing).
  • Gebohq takes in a lost young woman. (The Shadows of Darkness)
    --This was meant to be the beginning of what would be a romance between the two characters, and Gebohq has been living by himself in a secluded hermitage for 9 years. I picked this out because it involves rain and romance -- a winning combination. ;)
  • The final confrontation against Bazaal. (The Shadows of Darkness)
    --I picked this post mostly for the description of Bazaal "gaining the power of Hell" around the end of the post. Essentially, he discovers the means of "gaining the power of Hell" within himself, goes mad, and tears open his torso. His own insides via magic, or Hell itself, consume him in the end, and is meant to blur the line between a madman committing suicide and Hell literally bursting from his inside. The whole thing is meant to be pretty dark.
  • *unwritten post* (The Eternal War)
    --I considered finding another post, but I figured I'd best just describe it to you. Imagine a huge, enclosed chamber -- at least a mile wide in diameter. Look here to see a general diagram. The general feel should be divine -- a mixture of heaven, hell, and nature, forged in a sort of triangular structure, with a sort of colored lighting that might be cast through water. Now imagine that large, center space packed full of angels, demons, and fairies (nature equivilant of angels and demons) duking it out. Now plug in one meek-looking mortal observing this divine chaos, and you got yourself a scene.

(more in the next post)
Attachment: 17358/ENG271.ss2.doc (36,352 bytes)
2007-09-19, 6:49 PM #14
Other stories!

What's the worst that could happen?
A sort of James Bond-y story, except more absurd, and placed in the context of an all-girl's college (making the protagonists female). Since there are only 2 posts, there's no particular thing I can link to for this story. If you want to try something James Bond-ish, scan this thread.

As If Written By Itself
A short story about a college guy who finds a mysterious typewriter. If you want to take a stab at a "Stephen King"-style scene, scan this thread.

Six Words
The sparseness and variety of these six-word stories might get your imagination flowing.
  • *checklist*
    This six-word story probably requires the "least" amount of imagination, yet could still be interesting.

Exsanguination
A short story about a female vampire of sorts in an office environment.

Blade Over Heart
A vignette (super-short) that crosses Mad Max with cyberpunk. Who doesn't like chicks on motocycles?

Atonement
Another Mad Max-ish short story, by a different author.

A Knight's Tail and Exile: A Tale of Light and Dark
Two related traditional fantasy stories, where the main protagonist has a tail. I've not actually read them in great detail, so I have no suggestions on a particular post. Scanning through them might draw out an interesting scene, however.

Evaluation
A short story about a librarian who works in a secret government underground base. I actually provide a lot of details in that thread about my influences, sketches of the main character, etc. starting in the second post, which may be useful.

Rough Sketches Of A Happy Ending
Best said in the first post: "The loose theme throughout the stories here is the need for a happy ending, closure in people's lives, and the extraordinary and irrational lengths they go through to find it." Most of each of the post-long stories are "titled" with a particular song. While I don't have a particular post to suggest, each of these have a good "realistic" feel to them, which makes these stories unique from most other ISB stories, and might be a good source of attempting some "realistic" sketches.

New Crazy Story and Captain Cadpill Returns
Both of these related stories are a psuedo-parody of the orignal Star Trek series. Any of these posts should be fun to illustrate, should you want to draw where no one has gone before... Incidentially, Captain Sran Cadpill is one of the split personalities found in the NeS character Sarn Cadrill.

There are certainly other stories, and of course, including anything from the NeS thread, should you simply want to take a stab at random scenes not directly in line for the NeS comic. I'd like to encourage all the writers to include at least one post (from NeS or from another ISB story already mentioned or not mentioned) like I did for this post and the post above, in hopes of helping my friend gain inspiration for something to draw.
2011-07-30, 1:18 AM #15
(Non-Story Note: I decided to finally take a stab at my third and final part, mostly for closure.)

------------------------------------

It was little effort for the former right-hand man of the dark wizard Bazaal, Apathis, to step back into the heart of the citadel. Too little effort, he thought. The one time in his life that Apathis moved with effort and ready to push forth, and for once, nothing demanded it. His effort would be demanded soon enough, though, as he stepped forward towards his former superior, Bazaal, who stood waiting for him.

"I must admit, I hadn't expected you to return," Bazaal said to Apathis.

Even in the ill-lit and empty heart of the citadel, Bazaal's presence was monstrous and magnetizing within the cold chamber. The natural charisma Apathis held would not help him now.

"I haven't," Apathis said. "Not as I once was, at least."

"What foolishness," Bazaal uttered. "You must be here to beg for my forgiveness."

Apathis took a deep breath. "I wanted to help you find forgiveness for your own sake, like I imagine Gebohq and his friends would."

Bazaal peered at Apathis with questioning eyes.

"You've lost your mind."

Apathis chuckled.

"I think it was best left lost. Forgive me, Lord, for I've come to take my own life still. Please let it be in your favor."

Bazaal brushed his cloak behind him. "If punishment is what you wish, I will provide."

"I wasn't talking to you," Apathis said as he closed his eyes. Bazaal's own eyes grew wide and dazed for a moment before he grasped his own head while shutting his own eyes. A shockwave pulsed forth towards Apathis and caused him to stumble backwards.

"I won't have you playing mind games with me!" Bazaal growled. He charged forth at inhuman speed towards Apathis. Inches before Bazaal's hand could clutch his enemy's head like a vice, a stone hand twice the size of Bazaal shot up out of the ground and swatted Bazaal against the wall. Apathis pushed his palms towards Bazaal again and again, and more stone hands mimicked his movements to batter Bazaal against the wall. Apathis would not relent in his assault, his anger at himself driving him to beat back that which he had served for far too long, that which he knew he could not disregard and underestimate as he once had. Apathis shoved one final stone hand to pin Bazaal back, and then with a swiping motion, five sharp stone bars swept across Bazaal through his head and hands and heart.

A moment of silence passed. Apathis breathed heavily, collecting himself. He turned to walk away.

The wall started shaking.

Apathis spun back around, his eyes shaking as the wall crumbled away and Bazaal stumbled forth, his eye and hands and chest bleeding. Apathis summoned another stone hand, but it shattered as Bazaal threw the weight of his dark magic towards Apathis. Apathis desperately conjured stone hand after stone hand, but it only delayed the inevitable as Bazaal's magic tore through them. In one final fleeting act, Apathis attempted to mimic Bazaal's own power to use against him, but it was too little, too late. Bazaal's dark magic struck Apathis down to the ground, crippling Apathis now prone body. As Bazaal approached, Apathis began muttering under his breath.

"Did you actually expect to win?" Bazaal managed to say.

"I..." Apathis breathed out. "...had hoped in the shadow of darkness...that it would not come to this."

"Come to what?"

"To drag us both... to hell."

With the last of his magic, Apathis crafted a stone gauntlet and tore open his own insides with it. A void hollowed out where his insides would have been, and his entrails slithered out on their own accord as midnight tendrils which chained all across Bazaal. Bazaal struggled with the what had been entrails, seemingly almost able to control them, but they continued to wrap around him as they wrapped around Apathis. The void deepened and drew everything towards it -- a hole never filled. The lights which barely illuminated the chamber went out.

The shadow of darkness fell over them both.

(Non-Story Note: Admittedly, this scene isn't quite as much the epic battle as I initially imagined it, but this seemed to arise most naturally when writing the scene, and ultimately, I believe this is more true to the "what if?" scenario as a whole.)
2011-10-21, 11:32 PM #16
(Non-Story Note: Less of a "what if" and more of a "stuff I was writing before I decided to ditch it." The initial plan for the start of "To Hell with It" story-arc on page 31 was that Losien would bump into most every relevant character up to that point, but ulimately decided to keep it with just Rachel and Evil Geb and leave re-introducing characters to the other writers.)

Story: The Never-ending Story Thread Squared

Premise: What if Losien had met a couple other characters she never got around to meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dancing around cute cartoon character and hellish hipster Hitler alike, Losien notices another familiar face.

Losien: Geb? *sigh* No, how could have I mistaken that guy for my brother?

In all fairness, the guy is a clone of your brother. Beyond that, though, The Next True Evil isn't much like Gebohq at all, created as a secret Soviet superspy with a VHS player embedded into the back of his skull. There's at least two others on this battlefield alone.

Losien: I hope he finds something else to do other than terrorize our lives.

Fortunately, for you, The Next True Evil seems content attempting to persuade the Seven Dwarfs to his cause.

The Next True Evil: Come, my stout men! Together we can give rise to the working man and no longer be forced to work in the mines! Hi hoooooo!

Sleepy: Zzz...

Another familiar figure does seem to be taking more interest in The Next True Evil though. A pale woman in red with long, raven hair and amber eyes named Nyneye stands poised and ready to strike the Soviet clone, for she is a NeSferatu -- a vampire that feeds not on blood but the essence of story itself found in major characters.

Nyneve: That clone is trash compared to the original, but I suppose it'll have to do.

Nyneve takes notice of Losien and struts towards her.

Nyneve: Then again, why go after yesterday's special of the day when today's offers something...fresh.

Nyneve draws uncomfortably close to Losien, her lips hovering around Losien's. To the disappointment of many hoping for fanservice, however, seventy-three of the hundred and one dalmations suddenly tackle Nyneve out of the picture, allowing Losien to escape elsewhere into the chaos of battle.

↑ Up to the top!