Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → help with JK enhanced!!!!!
help with JK enhanced!!!!!
2007-09-09, 12:54 PM #1
i tried this and it didn't work. i put the patch files in prefetch like it says and some of the other files changed. instead of the gob files in episode and resource showing the lucasarts symbol it shows a paper with a little picture of a window on it{i have windows xp). i can't delete or anything the files in prefetch once i put them in. it says "you do not have proper permissions to delete this file". the worst thing of all is that i cannot play jedi knight any more! i press the play jedi knight" button and the screen goes dark and it says "insert a jedi knight CD and press enter" even though it has the disk in the drive! I tried it with out the disk and it says the same thing. Sorry for the long post but, please help me Shred18 or anybody! this is a problem i cannot solve with my own knowledge!
2007-09-09, 1:04 PM #2
What is "prefetch," and where are you getting that from? Certainly that's not in the installation instructions. All the magic happens in the JK folder.
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2007-09-13, 10:54 PM #3
Prefetch: My Computer>Local Disk (C:)>WINDOWS>Prefetch
- Place patcher.bat, bspatch.exe, patch.dat, and JK-Extension.dll in same folder as jk.exe.
You're right! I put the files in the Prefetch because it had a file called jk.exe in it. That file isn't there anymore though. Can you please help me with removing the files from Prefetch?
2007-09-16, 8:39 AM #4
Heh.. the patches go in your Jedi Knight directory.

How to remove them from prefetch is beyond me, do you have administrative rights on your PC?
2007-09-16, 7:20 PM #5
how do i know if i have administrative rights on my computer mr. zero?
2007-09-16, 7:31 PM #6
Actually it says that i cannot delete the patch access is denied
2007-09-17, 1:35 AM #7
Rightclick on My Computer -> Manage -> Local Users and Groups -> Groups -> Administrators. Check if you are listed. If not, bad luck.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2007-09-17, 11:23 PM #8
Don't worry about removing the files from prefetch, it won't matter. The prefetch folder is where Windows caches application data in order to help programs load faster.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-09-19, 8:46 PM #9
Any idea on why my jedi knight does not work and why it says it is not installed even though there is still files of it?
2007-09-19, 8:56 PM #10
By the way, thanks for the help guys! It says i am an administrator, but i found out in control panel in user accounts.
2007-10-02, 5:39 PM #11
Can anyone help with this problem?
2007-10-02, 11:47 PM #12
Sounds like your registry might have been corrupted.

Have you tried reinstalling?
2007-10-06, 10:44 PM #13
Make sure the dll file that came with JKE is in the same directory as JK.exe. That was my problem... I think I deleted it along with the patch.dat and patcher.bat and that caused me a lot of grief.

Actually, that was a long time ago and I just got JKE working a couple days ago. I just finished beating JK again with JKE.. that was great fun. I forgot how CHEAP force protection is. You are immune to everything but melee while it's activated, and you have enough force power to keep it going the whole time. I only got hurt twice since I got it: I got killed by one of the kell dragons, and once a stormtrooper punched me in level 19!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-10-12, 5:42 PM #14
I have tried reinstalling, Stormtrooper. The Jk launcher comes up like it normally does, but it doesn't say install. It says play game and when i click on it the screen goes black and it says "Unable to load file" and then it is followed by a bunch of boxes.

Thanks for the tips Stormtrooper and Freelancer.
2007-10-13, 12:11 AM #15
How have you tried reinstalling it? Did you uninstall it first or are you just trying to find a reinstall option?

It sounds like a corrupted file.

If you havn't already, try this:

Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
Find Jedi Knight in the list and click remove (might be listed as "Lucasarts' Jedi Knight")
After it's done, go to where you installed JK (usually C:/program files/Lucasarts/Jedi Knight, or something similar)
Delete everything in the Jedi Knight folder
Try installing it again
2007-10-13, 6:27 AM #16
Try following the direct method of installing Jedi Knight instead of using the included launcher/installer.

:)
2009-05-07, 5:37 PM #17
I no longer have a problem! Thanks again for the help you offered guys! wow....i replyed...two years later....

↑ Up to the top!