Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → Random Word Stories
Random Word Stories
2007-10-18, 10:44 PM #1
Okay so I'm bored and coming up with this game off the cuff because Geb here's bugging me to post something.

The Rules:
I will give you a series of 5 words and 3 emotions or elements. You must include all 5 words and all 3 emotions in a story that has 12 sentences or less. When you post a story, you post the words and elements for the next person. Clear? If it's a lame game, don't blame me. Well you probably should blame me but I'm bored and can't think of anything else!

One word sentences that are used for effect dont' count. (such as something like "she was late. Again." Again wouldn't be one of your sentences)

Words:
Pumpkin
Double Chin
Printer
Television
Speaker

Elements:
A Feud
Love
surprise

(if this gets your creative juices flowing and you think of a story that involves these things but it doesn't fit in the limit, post it anyway. But don't move on to a new set of words etc... until someone posts one within the 12 sentence limit)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-10-25, 7:16 AM #2
There was once a robust man that had a double chin and looked like a pumpkin. One day, a something that felt like a television landed on his head. To his surprise, it was a printer. Looking up off the ground as he lie incapacitated, he saw someone he once had undying love for holding a speaker over their head, ready to release it onto the man. A feud was now brewing.

WORDS:
Gebohq
Should
Not
Pressure
You

Elements:
Guilt
Joking
Fun
2007-10-25, 11:20 AM #3
Gebohq felt uneasy as he paced the dimly-lit catwalks suspended high above the control room below. Beneath him, workers scurried from one buzzing workstation to the next. From Gebohq's vantage point, the scene was curiously similar to an ant colony.

The hubbub below gradually lost his attention as Gebohq focused on his task. Government intrusions had become more frequent in the previous weeks and as a result, his patrol route was modified to protect the hive-mind of the operation below. Here, in the dark, the pressure was palpable. Every shadow was a demon and every sound an encroaching government agent. Suddenly, at the height of tension, Gebohq heard running footsteps. Real ones. The tragedy that followed was beyond his control; the haze of visceral activity left a slumped body on the frigid metal, a smoking rifle barrel, and a racing heart.

Gebohq, approaching his old friend, choked "Jack! Sh-Shouldn't you be in P-Paris?"

The reply came slowly and faintly: " 'bohq, I was just hav'n some fun...it was a j...j...j....."

Gebohq's shame culminated just before his emotions went as limp as Jack's body---Gebohq's final irrepairable defiance could be witnessed from the control room below as getting closer...closer...

That's 12 if you count my 2-word sentence as one of those impact sentences sugarless exempted.

WORDS:
ascetic
wilderness
society
idyllic
demise

ELEMENTS:
a metaphor
an epiphany
travel
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-10-25, 10:28 PM #4
The ascetic wilderness of society is idyllic in it's demise. It is almost a metaphor for an epiphany. Uhh.... travel.

PS: This is a joke. Don't count this. Use these words in a real story. I was just making a funny.

PSS. Steph don't kill me.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-10-26, 11:13 PM #5
Through the trees behind him, Davin could smell society. It was very faint this far into the wilderness, but he knew the putrid stench of self worth and materialism. Ascetic and proud, the wanderer crept further into the woods to make distance between chaos and himself. His gate was wide, and his shoulders hunched as he carried the still damp red pelts from this morning. He was proud of his independence of the flint and steel, the rusty metal trap, and tinder. It was in his pride that Davin could not see: this was his society's true demise. The idyllic wilderness was not different in its lack of tools, but instead that it lacked arrogance. What he was blind to was suddenly clear as the pack of wolves moved in to circle Davin, their eyes rolling and their teeth bare. His pride slung over his back, bloody and still fresh, was a delicious reality of nature. It smelled sweet in stark contrast to the sour scent of the city.

WORDS:
Parasite
Malfunction
Pessimist
Valiant
Illumination
Crossed

ELEMENTS:
Feminism
Socratic Irony
Revenge
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ