Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → Word of the Day
Word of the Day
2007-12-28, 8:41 PM #1
Rules:
  • You must write an addition to the story using the Word of the Day
  • Please structure your additions as the following:
    WOTD: <word of the day goes here> (linking to the word would be nice)

<story addition>
  • There is no minimum length of story additions. Keep story additions at no more than 100 words. Here's a word counter you can use.
  • The same WOTD can be used multiple times in one day. It just has to be used in your story addition.

WOTD: multifarious

Genki had only completed a general education degree program, but, whereas some might say that it was generally useless, he considered it to make him quite the multifarious individual. It was that diverse skillset - that lack of narrowing focus - that had landed him right where he was, twenty years later.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-12-29, 9:44 AM #2
Genki worked as a third-world dictator in Iraq. He found that his multifarious skills gave him a good view of the overall picture - Genki couldn't run the secret police, the army and the oil exports by himself, but he was able to efficiently command those who did.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-12-29, 12:44 PM #3
WOTD : bibulous

Unfortunately, Genki experienced many problems with his gang of chief ministers. For instance, Thrawn, his chief of treasury, must have had problems keeping his numbarz straight, since the Iraqi coffers were always mysteriously empty. Also, JediGandalf, the chief of social welfare, was a bibulous sort and was prone to violent purges of both the lower classes and everything he'd eaten that day.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-12-29, 2:36 PM #4
JediGandalf's bibulous nature would ultimately lead to the downfall of the entire nation. It happened in this way:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-12-29, 4:02 PM #5
It all started back in March of 1999, and JediGandalf was planning to have a bibulous party for the Iraqis. He thought the nation's citizens would enjoy an event that involved massive amounts of booze ingested in a small amount of time.
2007-12-29, 4:11 PM #6
However, as was fitting for one as bibulous as JG he was completely tanked when organizing the party and ended up having everyone on the guest list put to death.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-12-30, 1:31 PM #7
WOTD: gelid

Night came, and the blood of the massacre turned the ground gelid. Genki, having surveyed the massacre, stepped warily around the bodies as the bibulous JediGandalf surveyed his work.

Suddenly, one of the bodies grasped Genki's ankle and said:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-12-31, 7:10 AM #8
"The irony of it all is... *koff koff* ...most of us aren't allowed to drink booze because of our religion."

Genki shot the survivor a gelid look; clearly the irony was lost on the dictator and he was not amused. Genki ultimately forgave JG for his oversight, but the rest of the world would not be so merciful, especially the United States, where President CoolMatty had just won the election by a hair's breadth.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2007-12-31, 10:47 PM #9
WOTD : Ebullient

CoolMatty promised many things while he campaigned; things like taxes that were fair, better enforcement of the law and free ice cream. One thing he was very ebullient about was taking action against governments that murder their own citizens.
2008-01-01, 11:29 AM #10
WOTD : Zeitgeist

CoolMatty's obsession in this matter was not, however, a result of the zeitgeist, as is so often the case with politicians, but stemmed from a personal experience he'd had as a child. It happened in this way:
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2008-01-04, 8:00 AM #11
WOTD: Obdurate

CoolMatty's father, an obdurately moral man, often espoused the value of human life. He would often tell CoolMatty that the sanctity of life is of the utmost importance. It was this persistent ideology that made CoolMatty the benevolent and compassionate leader that he was. This same raising prompted him to issue the following to JediGandalf:
2008-01-10, 9:46 PM #12
Word: Remonstrate

"I must remonstrate, JediGadalf -- do not let Proposition 69 pass, for even merely suggesting it has hurt the people's moral fiber." CoolMatty liked to keep his letters short...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

↑ Up to the top!