Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → forum collage
forum collage
2008-03-18, 12:29 AM #1
[The idea here is simple -- an experiment to see what sort of story could possibly develop from already written posts. This sort of story will likely be post-modern because it will require the audience to make their own meaning more than us purposely constructing one. We'll see where it goes, if it goes anywhere. You may use any post available here on Massassi. If someone asks, please provide a link to the original post.]
Quote:
I'd like to know more about the naked chick who walked by at 1:10 there.

Burning Man?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-03-18, 8:16 AM #2
Quote:
You can see the cameraman in the sunglasses of the lady with the heavy Canadian accent.
2008-03-18, 4:07 PM #3
Quote:
From the most recent Fox News Republican debate in South Carolina:

A few of the candidates had just responded to a question regarding the passive response the naval commander took when being harrassed by some Irania boats. They all responded along the lines of not second guessing the officer's decisions. Brit Hume then askes for Paul's take.

HUME: Congressman Paul, what if this happens again?

PAUL: I would certainly urge a lot more caution than I'm hearing here tonight. It reminds me of what happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. We went to war there, then, later on, found out there was a lot of false information.

So here we have -- let's put it in perspective. We have five small speedboats attacking the U.S. Navy with a Destroyer? They could take care of those speedboats in about five seconds. And here we're ready to start World War III over this?
And now, guess what, today, the Navy commander of the Fifth Fleet was on ABC and announced that, you know, that voice might not have come from those vessels. So what does that mean? Was there a rush to judgment on this, ready to go to war?

And you know there are people in this administration and in Washington, D.C., that are looking for the chance. They were so disappointed with the national estimate on intelligence. And they were disappointed that there's no attempt to build weapons in Iran since 2003.

HUME: Congressman...

PAUL: So what -- I just don't see this rush to judgment.

HUME: Well, wait a minute. All of these people I've asked this question to so far have said they supported the decision to be passive. What are you responding to?

PAUL: I'm very sorry, I can't hear a word you said.

(APPLAUSE) [which was actually laughter at Paul]

You'll have to speak up.

HUME: Every one of these -- of your fellow candidates have said they supported the commander's decision to respond passively. I just wonder what you're reacting to.

PAUL: Well, I didn't hear that. Of course we want caution. But I'm worrying about the policy of why we're looking for a justification. Now there are no weapons, actually people are looking around for an excuse to bomb Iran.

I mean, we're already, with our CIA, being involved in trying to overthrow that government, and we don't need another war. And this incident should not be thrown out of proportion to the point where we're getting ready to attack Iran over this.

I actually felt sorry for Paul. He was embarassed and the audiance was laughing at him. Romney, whom I supported, also disappointed me because he used the chance to throw a cheap shot comment at him. After that, Paul was giving some of the best answers I'd ever heard from him. It was like he knew he really messed up and had to get his act together.

To me the fascination with Paul seems similar to the reaction many have with Obama. Very similar in that many of their supporters seem to have no idea what either of them really stand for. The difference being Paul could get no serious traction with Republicans where it seems that Obama is the en vouge democrat to vote for.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-03-19, 11:22 AM #4
Quote:
If this starts an argument about the elections I swear I'm going to punch someone in the throat.
Life is beautiful.
2008-03-19, 2:57 PM #5
Quote:
I may be wrong but I believe they call that a Release Candidate.

↑ Up to the top!