Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Red Alert 2 - LAN patch!! (switches IPX to UDP)
Red Alert 2 - LAN patch!! (switches IPX to UDP)
2008-07-22, 12:29 PM #1
Hey guys, just thought you might find this useful. If you are like me and you've been dying to play an old school game of Red Alert 2 with your buddies over LAN but have been dismayed to find out that the game is impossible to play over IPX on Windows 2000 and above, well, there is good news! This patch that was obscurely released back in May fixes that problem. I tested it and it works great! There is nothing to configure! Just drop the file into your RA2 directory and play!

Enjoy! And please spread the word! :D

http://www.understorm.net/
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2008-07-22, 12:30 PM #2
Wouldn't they have done that when they rereleased them all in a huge pack?
nope.
2008-07-22, 1:00 PM #3
Hamachi fixed JK, surely it can fix RA2.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-07-22, 1:30 PM #4
Hamachi fixes starcraft too.
2008-07-22, 2:10 PM #5
Hamachi fixes everything.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-07-22, 3:26 PM #6
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Hamachi fixes everything.
Hahaha I LOL'd. Perfect timing with that one.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2008-07-22, 5:32 PM #7
Hamachi fixed my dog. :(
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2008-07-22, 6:26 PM #8
Hey, thanks for posting this, RA2 is fantastic, especially with Yuri's Revenge and the DeeZire mod. The gameplay is deep and dynamic.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!