Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → JK/MotS not running properly in Vista!
JK/MotS not running properly in Vista!
2008-08-25, 5:16 PM #1
So I upgraded to Vista a few weeks ago, and finally got around to checking out how well JK and MotS run in Vista.

I haven't tried JK yet, but tried MotS and I'm getting a black screen with clipping problems when I run the game. I can hear sounds and music, and walk around (apparently), but I can see no architecture whatsoever. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
BSR
2008-08-26, 9:33 AM #2
I'm surprised you even got it working at all. Have you tried adding -windowgui to the end of the target line in the desktop icon?
2008-08-26, 8:23 PM #3
I kinda have my doubts that they are going to work on vista as alot of newer stuff that previously was useable on xp doesnt even work on vista.

imo vista is more of a downgrade than an upgrade and I personally would wait a bit longer until they make it more compatible with old programs; if they ever do...
2008-08-27, 5:15 PM #4
JK runs fine under Vista. Almost all compatibility issues with Vista are the result of the application being poorly coded (such as assuming administrator access).

Try adding -windowgui as suggested. Did you also upgrade to a newer video card at the same time? JK has trouble on the new Radeon 4000 series, regardless of the OS.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-03-07, 11:07 PM #5
Know it's been a while, but...

Got it working in Vista. However, I can no longer force anti-aliasing with my graphics card. Anyone know anything about that?
BSR
2009-03-08, 12:18 AM #6
Are you still working on those star trek levels? I've been hanging out for those for a while.
2009-03-09, 10:38 PM #7
I took a 6 month break from work, but am planning to start back to work soon. Have been in the studio working on my debut CD.
BSR
2009-03-15, 2:01 PM #8
That sounds great! Be sure to tell us about it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-03-24, 6:13 PM #9
Hm, You are right, but you better look at this point of view http://sourceradix.com/m/tnn.html
2009-03-25, 8:50 AM #10
Wooh BSR!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!