Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
2004-08-12, 7:46 PM #1
To begin, this thread is NOT the result of my behavior in the 'If you could pick two massassians..." thread, my behavior in that thread was the result of me letting off some steam...from this...

From the admin that sent information to me:

What you say about the admins is true, but no one believes you. This
may
aid your cause, it is from the Admin forum. I assure you that it is
authentic. It is regarding the ubuu petition.

The Pention:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We, the undersigned, find the member Ubuu to be unfit for the Massassi
community under consideration of, over the course of time, the
violation of
such rules stated in the Massassi Forum Rules as "No personal attacks,
insults, or flames," and "No negative racial/sexist/etc remarks," as
well as
being generally antagonistic toward certain other members and inciting
an
undesirable environment in the community. Some specific occurrences are
as
follows, in no particular order:

* http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/032863.html -
Completely
unconstructive antagonistic behavior
* http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/032892.html -
Targeting
and insulting specific people groups
* http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/032564.html -
Expressing
himself in an unbecoming manner and indirectly poking fun at another
certain
* http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/034024.html -
Targeting
and insulting specific people groups
* http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/033313.html -
Conducting
himself in an undesirable and provoking manner
* http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/035915.html -
Targeting
and provoking other certain members

Signed,
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]
[Name Removed]</font>

More recent:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> From #massassi:
[08-09 03:25] <ubuu`collateral> SAJN is an idiot
[08-09 03:25] <ubuu`collateral> ignore his waste of a life. </font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/036799.html </font>

From the admins:

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">JediKirby and I had a long talk
about it
a while ago... JK said that he tried to ignore Ubuu, but that didnt
stop
him, like it would most people.</font>

So, shouldn’t something be done about this? Or will Ubuu just continue to get warning after warning after warning?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think SAJN should be banned, too. Being an insufferable moron should
be
against the rules.</font>

Playing favorites/least favorites are we?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I
concur with my colleague *****. and don't ban ubuu.

PS i
hate everyone on that list</font>

Biased? But also playing favorites with Ubuu? Could it be everyones favorite 3-lettered admin?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">he
*does*
have a habit of antagonising people, and whilst other people may find
this
funny, it can be an unpleasant experience for the person he is
antogonising,
and I thought it was the duty of forum administrators to make the
forums a
more pleasant place to be for everyone.</font>

If I recall I was permabanned a long time ago for being annoying and making massassi an unpleasant place to be. This decision was made by only a few admins…So shouldn’t EIGHT signatures be enough to get SOMETHING DONE? You would think so, wouldn’t you?

More from the admin that sent this to me:

I apologize for the formatting. As you can see, some admins (buck,
jaiph) do their job well, but others like detritic and kak
are
highly biased.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 12, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-12, 7:50 PM #2
Dude I'm not sure why, cause I take your side here, but I have a feeling you're going to get into trouble because of this.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-12, 7:53 PM #3
I agree with Bill.

------------------
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,
and neither do we.
President George W. Bush . 2000-2004
former entrepreneur
2004-08-12, 7:56 PM #4
This thread has a bright future. Here's my signature:

JediKirby.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-12, 7:58 PM #5
I only say that because they put things in the admin forums that do not belong in the public ones. There's a reason for that. I mean I know where you're coming from, but this is going to start a mess of epic porportions.

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-12, 7:59 PM #6
What kind of crap is this?

This is really as low as you can get, I would have expected you to be at least *a tad* more mature

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-08-12, 8:05 PM #7
From me?! i think the ADMINS. I blocked out the other 7 names, because I don't want to drag them into this, unless an admin needs to see the names. We've been doing this the 'mature way' and it just doesn't seem to work, so if telling the community that the admins arent doing their jobs and then backing it up with proof is 'immature' then fine. An ADMIN who is fed up with the way his partner admins are working sent me this!

Yeah I just might get in trouble for this, but it's worth it. People really should know WHY things aren't getting done.

------------------

2004-08-12, 8:07 PM #8
Hows that go... oh yeah... INBEFODALOCK.

something like that [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-12, 8:11 PM #9
[Don't start, okay?]
------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited August 12, 2004).]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-12, 8:11 PM #10
I just checked all three staff forums, and they're empty, so I'm in the dark here. What I do know:

1) Nobody's going to close this thread unless it gets out of hand.

2) Coming out and clearly stating the problem is going to be much better than playing pretend politics and private dectective.

3) Nobody's going to be banned unless they break the rules.

4) By the same token, nobody is going to be banned because of a petition or because of what they said in the chat.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">An ADMIN who is fed up with the way his partner admins are working sent me this! </font>

Again, acting like it's some big mystery and you don't want to name names is going to worsen the situation. Just say what the problem is, and it'll be dealt with (if it is a problem).

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar

COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 8:12 PM #11
I'm with you on this one.

------------------
The Matrix is not Linux compatible.

You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-08-12, 8:12 PM #12
*holds up sign* Go SAJN! Fight the good fight! *looks around* *crickets* Damn. *walks away*

------------------
>>untie shoes
2004-08-12, 8:13 PM #13
You could be the bigger man and not react, which would put you above Ubuu and his antics. But instead, you do something like this which will only pur gasoline onto the fire

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-12, 8:14 PM #14
I applaud this effort to bring the truth forth.

------------------
deviantART gallery.
2004-08-12, 8:15 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
4) By the same token, nobody is going to be banned because of a petition
</font>

Seems to me nothing else is working. Like... I don't know... say, The rules?

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-12, 8:16 PM #16
Those crazy admins... What are they going to do next? Conspire to get rid of me? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited August 12, 2004).]
2004-08-12, 8:19 PM #17
That's a whole nother thread.

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-12, 8:22 PM #18
So wait, you're complaining about them banning ubuu?

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-08-12, 8:25 PM #19
After going over some of those posts, things don't look very good for him.

Wasn't he permabanned a while ago but returned when all the bans were lifted after Brian's triumphant return?

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-08-12, 8:27 PM #20
Isn't this something that should be discussed privately with whomever? I mean, I can understand the frustration, but I think bringing it out in the open like this may have been a bad decision.

------------------
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/
2004-08-12, 8:29 PM #21
No, not banning him, Tofu. Because of the corrupt admins here things that should be done aren't. Like I said before I was PERMAbanned for being annoying and making massassi and un-pleasent place. A few admins (mainly Sine_Nomen say "I don't like SAJN_Master at all, lets perma-ban him" BANG. 7 massassians (so far) with proof of a person making massassi and un-plesant place and BA...oh wait, nothing happened..that IS weird, don't you all think?

(I was unbanned when the list was cleared, if it had not been cleared I would still today be banned for a incredibly stupid reason.)

I just want to let people know. Even if the admins still refuse to do their job the right way or if they dont want to do that, atleast massassi now knows WHAT the admins are doing or NOT doing.

Also, Tracer, the admin did not reveal his name to me.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Isn't this something that should be discussed privately with whomever? I mean, I can understand the frustration, but I think bringing it out in the open like this may have been a bad decision.</font>

Privatley...with whom? The admins? This is a public matter, it isn't ONLY about Ubuu, it's about our admins as well. Since the admins work with everyone this is a public issue.

------------------

2004-08-12, 8:29 PM #22
Arent personal threads and such against the rules anyway [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-08-12, 8:31 PM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Seems to me nothing else is working. Like... I don't know... say, The rules?

JediKirby

</font>

oi vey...in no particular order:

In the Louisiana legislature thread, Ubuu expressed his belief that said state was a group of idiots. Not a bannable offense.

On the Chapelle show thread, Ubuu said that Sajn's opinion doesn't matter. Kind of a jerky thing to say, but not a bannable offense.

On the 'Hi im new' joke thread, Ubuu was a jerk about a joke that wasn't funny and generally was mean and cranky. Again, not a specific thing a guy can be banned for.

In a tech thread, Ubuu was one of those jerk nerds. Ditto.

In some Sotd thread...Yeah. Ubuu was a jerk but he didn't break the rules.

Yes, I agree that he's been generally cranky and not good company, but until he does something specific that violates a rule (like, say, continued harassment, personal insults, etc.) there's no real reason to ban him. I don't know anything about this big conspiracy, but if you feel you're being unfairly dealt with by members OR staff, email me (it's in my profile) and I'll look into it.

Some stuff intended without malice: Sometimes, you need to grow a thick skin. Being constantly harassed is one thing, but your links amount to Ubuu being ornery and unpleasant. Just get over it and move on.

Also, I'll say again that you need to drop the whole anonymous insider reports BS and just state your problem...makes things much more straightforeward. The way you've presented your argument makes it look more like political posturing.

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 8:32 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">4) By the same token, nobody is going to be banned because of a petition or because of what they said in the chat.</font>

That seems to be how I was perma-banned. Except there was no pention, just an admin group who disliked a person and knew they could get away with banning him.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
2004-08-12, 8:32 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Also, Tracer, the admin did not reveal his name to me.</font>

*smacks head* Then how do you know it was even an admin?! Why did I bother typing all that...

And let me just reiterate (because I want this to be clear) that nobody is going to be banned via election or petition.

------------------

-MBeggar

COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 8:32 PM #26
Odd, I was going to totally ignore this thread because I saw who the topic poster was and I wanted to avoid trouble..but then I saw all the replies in such little time and I had to click.

But I feel honored, all of this because of me? Geez, did you really have to?

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-12, 8:33 PM #27
Another cycle of the "Admins are corrupt" deal. I love it whenthis happens [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

You're not completely innocent, SAJN. NEitehr is Ubuu. Learn to deal with it.

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-12, 8:34 PM #28
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">*smacks head* Then how do you know it was even an admin?! Why did I bother typing all that...</font>

1.) I am pretty sure he said he was an admin, I will even double check for you later tonight.
2.) Who else could have gotten in the Staff forums to tell me this information?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You're not completely innocent, SAJN. NEitehr is Ubuu. Learn to deal with it.</font>

Sorry if I haven't made it clear yet, but this isn't all about me. Since the ban list was lifted, I was banned once (For 24 hours) because I got out of line and really steamed after several threads of mine were trashed by people who thought they were being funny. They were dealt with accordingly by Jaiph. Jaiph is the one who banned me for that 24 hours as well, and I even AGREED with him that I needed some time to cool down. I even game him a big Thank You. That is an admin doing their job! He doesn't seem to let his feelings twoards people get in the way. He didn't only ban me, he dealt with the ones who ruined my threads as well. He didn't play favorites by any means and i didn't expect him to either.

------------------

2004-08-12, 8:35 PM #29
I think the lesson we should all learn today is even though we may have corrupt ops, how is this going to get rid of them?

Do you expect some glorious revolution where all the massassians overthough our facsist oppressors? Sorry, but nothing good will come of this except you'll annoy more people SAJN.

------------------
2004-08-12, 8:37 PM #30
Some people just don't get it and it's impoosible to explain it to them

------------------
Pissed Off?
2004-08-12, 8:38 PM #31
I don't know the circumstances of your prevoius ban, Sajn, and there's really nothing I can do to make it better. But you can't argue something now based on stuff that happened months ago - this is the internet, not the real world.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Who else could have gotten in the Staff forums to tell me this information?</font>

Maybe they just made it up to screw with you? Come on, man...

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 8:38 PM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
I

Do you expect some glorious revolution where all the massassians overthough our facsist oppressors?
</font>

Viva la revolution!

*smashes store windows and begins looting*

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-08-12, 8:41 PM #33
In defense of myself:

In half of those threads, most of my comments were more sarcasitc then anything. It is something that has become a norm here at massassi, and because of my tainted past, all of a sudden I am a jerk when I am sarcastic and blunt with my post.

When I want to be, I am a blunt person. This is a public forum, and I am adhering to the rules. If I choose to be blunt with my reponses, can I not do this?

And SAJN, you say this topic isn't about me, but could you please find some other users that are being favoured? Trying to help you out here. Why am I being singled out? Did I hurt your feelings once?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited August 12, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-12, 8:42 PM #34
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Maybe they just made it up to screw with you? Come on, man...</font>

No it has dates and ip logs and all that stuff too. It even has a post by kak about how he was going to talk to Correction, which he did.

And YES this is the internet, I know it isn't real life. I have a life outside of this (Even if you don't belive it, I do a VERY VERY lot outside of this)

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't know the circumstances of your prevoius ban, Sajn, and there's really nothing I can do to make it better.</font>

I don't want my previous ban *fixed* I am just using that as an example as to how easily I got banned, but then someone that actually DESERVES to get banned doesn't.

------------------
2004-08-12, 8:47 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And SAJN, you say this topic is about me, but could you please find some other users that are being favoured? Trying to help you out here. Why am I being singled out? Did I hurt your feelings once?</font>

Nothing, I mean I enjoy it when you flame me in all my threads, and I enjoy it even more that I can't join #massassi because I either get harassed by you in the chat or in a PM.

------------------
2004-08-12, 9:02 PM #36
About 3 months ago, or so (Can't quite remember) SAJN and another member came to me with a plan to put an end to a few things here at massassi. This included the issue with Ubuu. They knew Ubuu and I aren't the best of friends, so I agreed to help write documents for the project (I'll call it that, I guess).

While I dislike ubuu quite a bit, and would love to see him banned, I never did write for the project. SAJN and the other member were working to obtain for me 'Support' so that I could write statements with our arguments. I myself scanned through many forums looking for such proof. None was found on any of our accounts. There were, admittedly, a few threads in which ubuu had angered one of the 3 of us, but otherwise, we had nothing. As I said, I despise ubuu quite a bit, but I realized that he's done absolutely NOTHING wrong in the forums.

Ubuu, while usually hurtful and unfair, posts blunt and honest posts. Yes, he offends specific members, but it's only the person letting it get to them. It's only the fact that in being so annoyed, in posting a thread like this, and blowing things so simple out of the water, in doing the exact same things you're accusing someone else of doing, shows that this situation is more of a personal matter, than a community issue.

I'd like to note that the Chatroom, on the other hand, is a completely different situation.

With that, I'd like to give my opinion of this thread:

While the initial idea, I agree with, the execution is offensive to even me. I may think a lot of the ops are biased, and some play favorites, but pointing out specific ops publicly is called slander. As well, telling the ops they "Don't do their job" denies you an opinion all-together. You wouldn't be posting on this thread if "The ops didn't do their job."

So in closing, I support the idea, but I do not support the execution, or tone of the thread. It's hypocritical (As many of SAJN's posts towards Ubuu have been, as of late), dishonorable, and in horrible taste. A much more professional, mature, and reasonable method probably would have given your argument the little credit it had. Instead, I see a jumble of discredited, immature, and down right slandering arguments and comments.

Please SAJN, if you're going to do something like this, do it after you've calmed down, not in the heat of anger. That's why I can't convince myself that Ubuu should be banned from #Massassi, either. Any time Ubuu's done something, I and other members have only acted back in the same, if not worse fashion. Thus, if Ubuu is banned, you and I join him.

JediKirby

[Edited for Grammatical and Organization and again for Spelling.]

------------------

Live on, Adam.

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited August 13, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-12, 9:04 PM #37
Your noble crusade to bring the righteous truth to light would be very admirable if it didn't take the form of a wholly-inappropriate ill-begotten cluster**** of a thread that breaks the very rules it claims are being violated.

Think about that while I and other admins ignore it. You'll have plenty of time.

Of course, you are capable of and more than welcome to email the appropriate people about this issue. It might help, though, if next time you didn't frame yourselves as being robbed of justice by a tyrannical despot. But that would require a shred of maturity that, evidenced by the mere fact that you posted this to begin with, I rather doubt you have.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-12, 9:06 PM #38
SAJN, ubuu... please guys just keep it in your pants you are scaring the children...

and SAJN... you still haven't paid me

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-08-12, 9:07 PM #39
Sine said what I was going to say, only angrier. Here's my response anyways:

When I read your first post, I thought there might actually be a problem...I've taken issue with blujay and mscbuck in the past, so being newly adminned and full of idealism I actually considered what you were saying and tried to reason with you.

Then it was like that episode of the Simpsons where Reverend Lovejoy first meets Flanders. Look: there are no posts in the admin forum. You're on a computer. Everything can be falsified. I don't even understand what you're arguing anymore. You want Ubuu banned beacuse you don't like him? Call me when something real happens.

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 9:09 PM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Of course, you are capable of and more than welcome to email the appropriate people about this issue. It might help, though, if next time you didn't frame yourselves as being robbed of justice by a tyrannical despot. But that would require a shred of maturity that, evidenced by the mere fact that you posted this to begin with, I rather doubt you have.</font>

Oh really? That's funny because I've e-mailed the Staff and Brian several times. Do I ever get a response? No. If the admins can't explain themselves through e-mail, perhaps they can explain themselves here. I noticed alot of Me v. Ubuu talk in this thread but how about the admin talk?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Look: there are no posts in the admin forum. You're on a computer. Everything can be falsified. I don't even understand what you're arguing anymore. You want Ubuu banned beacuse you don't like him? Call me when something real happens.</font>

Thats funny, because msbuck DID post the topic in the Staff Forum. He will verify that for you. NOTHING that I have posted in this thread is false or made up.

------------------

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 13, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!