Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,280 of 3542

Thread: recent purchases thread

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Oh come on, Nikumubeki's not THAT bad.

Star Wars: Battlefront (Origin - 59.90 EUR)
    Cowboy Bebop BluRay Set US Import (Amazon.co.uk - 38.23 EUR)

"Has it won yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    I always liked how certain Cowboy Bebop episodes were named after songs from Rolling Stones, Queen and Aerosmith.
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    Cowboy Bebop in general was all about rock, blues, and jazz. I mean, it's called Cowboy Bebop. And the episode titles also refer to songs in those other genres too.

and of course
    Once upon a time, in New York City in 1941... at this club open to all comers to play, night after night, at a club named "Minston's Play House" in Harlem, they play jazz sessions competing with each other. Young jazz men with a new sense are gathering. At last they created a new genre itself. They are sick and tired of the conventional fixed style jazz. They're eager to play jazz more freely as they wish then... in 2071 in the universe... The bounty hunters, who are gathering in the spaceship "BEBOP", will play freely without fear of risky things. They must create new dreams and films by breaking traditional styles. The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called... COWBOY BEBOP

I'm really lazy.
    And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

When are you gonna get that Roto-Rooter, gbk?

You did it, Nikumugamerr...you bought the hell out of that game.

Cheers, Krokook. And once my vacation begins on Friday, I'll try to play the hell out of that game.

Or face some lag issue that won't be fixed by GPU driver updates as with Dishonored in 2012 (which I bought about a day or so after release), get annoyed and get succumbed by

OUTRAGE. SHOCK and OUTRAGE.

When are you gonna get that Roto-Rooter, gbk?
    Never. I just can't bring myself to buy one, after ...you know.

I didn't look at the thread title and thought you were making a statement about the outragously high price of Battlefront.
    Sorry for the lousy German

Quote Originally Posted by Impi View Post
    I didn't look at the thread title and thought you were making a statement about the outragously high price of Battlefront.
    Yeah, I almost resorted to g2play to get it for 46 € or so, but I really don't want to give my ID/payment details to any sketchy sites like that.

I'm really amused by the 120 € Super Pants Edition, though. All that money for 4 DLC, some guns and... in-game oo-rah emoji. Wow.

[EDIT] Also, due to being Fate's slut, Origin conveniently stopped working altogether when I tried to run the game for the first time now that my vacation has started. Not wanting to waste any time with this crap anymore, I just requested a refund and got it. Oy vey.
    Last edited by Nikumubeki; 11-28-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Spintires - 12.49 EUR (Steam sales)

[EDIT] Yeah, refunded this one as well >_>

Drumaxx VST - 39.50 bux
    Last edited by Nikumubeki; 11-29-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Spintires - 12.49 EUR (Steam sales)

Dell 25" U2515H IPS monitor, 2560x1440, DP/mDP/HDMI/USB, pivot, black - 381.50 € (GO FINLAND)

You disgust me! How could you mix Latin with Greek?!?!? Leave it to a Finn to mangle languages...
    Sorry for the lousy German

* Star Control 1, 2 and 3
    * Requiem: Avenging Angel
    off GOG.com for $12.37 USD

* Final Fantasy IX
    * Delta FOrce 1
    off Steam for 21.78 EUR

No Longer Homeless!
    Fancy Pants

I bought a computer!

Intel Core-i5 6600k 6M Skylake
    Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM 8GB
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Not a purchase, but I just got some Sennheiser HD280 pros and they're my favorite headphones I've ever owned

I seem to be the only one in the world who got a bad pair of HD280 Pros, since mine started already falling apart within 6 months of purchase (in 2005) and by 2009 they were more or less held together by duct tape, zipties and whatnot.

The AKG K271 MKIIs I got to replace them (in 2009) have broken a bit from there and there, but even then they're now in the same condition my HD280 Pros were in maybe 3 weeks after I got them.

Latest purchase:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronica...keywords=jarre

I seem to be the only one in the world who got a bad pair of HD280 Pros, since mine started already falling apart within 6 months of purchase (in 2005) and by 2009 they were more or less held together by duct tape, zipties and whatnot.

The AKG K271 MKIIs I got to replace them (in 2009) have broken a bit from there and there, but even then they're now in the same condition my HD280 Pros were in maybe 3 weeks after I got them.
    Haha oh no! I'll let you know if mine suffer a similar fate :v

Human Computer
    I upgraded my iMac (2009) for the first time by doubling the RAM to 8GB (2x4GB) 1066MHz DDR3. I'm also thinking about replacing the SATA HDD with an SSD.
    ? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
    I upgraded my iMac (2009) for the first time by doubling the RAM to 8GB (2x4GB) 1066MHz DDR3. I'm also thinking about replacing the SATA HDD with an SSD.
    Well that's a no brainer. No one should have to be on an HDD anymore. In fact you should have done that upgrade first.

Bought some compact discs with music on them from a thrift store. The cases for REM's Monster and Thrice's Artist in the Ambulance are fairly interesting with their solid color designs (orange plastic and opaque white plastic, respectively).

And while not recent (Like, as in Day 1 Purchase), I'm waiting on my Doom Collector's Edition.

Also bought some Mtn. Dew the other day at 2 liters for a 3 bucks. I think that saved 50 cents or something.

I bought a few thousand of these. Also a bunch of wood, fiberglass, drywall, nails, screws, concrete, faucets, door handles, wires, pipes, carpet and grass.

I bought a house.

Human Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokodile View Post
    Well that's a no brainer. No one should have to be on an HDD anymore. In fact you should have done that upgrade first.
    I went with the memory upgrade first because it was on sale, money is tight, & it takes 2 minutes to swap it out. An SSD with an HDD/SSD adapter caddy & a can of compressed air is significantly higher in cost & is a much more involved process. If all goes well, I'll be able to justify the cost in July. The computer is only used for "work" so there's no rush. I have an SSD in my gaming rig where it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post

I bought a few thousand of these. Also a bunch of wood, fiberglass, drywall, nails, screws, concrete, faucets, door handles, wires, pipes, carpet and grass.

I bought a house.

Me too! Complete with artifacts from Google Street View.
    -=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
    1337Yectiwan
    The OSC Empire
    10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

>_>

I went with the memory upgrade first because it was on sale, money is tight, & it takes 2 minutes to swap it out. An SSD with an HDD/SSD adapter caddy & a can of compressed air is significantly higher in cost & is a much more involved process. If all goes well, I'll be able to justify the cost in July. The computer is only used for "work" so there's no rush. I have an SSD in my gaming rig where it counts.
    While all of that would seem reasonable, all I'm reading is "I understand that an SSD should almost always be the top priority in PC components and I know my strategy is suboptimal".

Human Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokodile View Post
    While all of that would seem reasonable, all I'm reading is "I understand that an SSD should almost always be the top priority in PC components and I know my strategy is suboptimal".
    From where I stand, frugality takes precedence over optimization, especially when it comes to non-essentials. If you take said order of precedence into consideration, I think you'll agree that paying 100% of the cost for four materials is irrational when at least one of them can be had at a discount while the others can be purchased afterwards within an acceptable period of time.

ITT GBK and I buy remarkably similar looking houses.
    -=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
    1337Yectiwan
    The OSC Empire
    10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

Quote Originally Posted by Yecti View Post
    ITT GBK and I buy remarkably similar looking houses.
    Your yard looks flatter than mine, though. You lucky *******.

It wouldn't matter to me. I pay someone to mow my lawn. Weekends are the only time I really get to spend with my wife. I'll be damned if I'm going to waste two or more hours every week doing something I hate.
    1337Yectiwan
    The OSC Empire
    10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

/me sobs

Admiral of Awesome
    Steeper grade better drainage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon`C View Post
    Steeper grade better drainage.
    Yeah, no kidding. Flooding isn't something I'll ever have to worry about.

From where I stand, frugality takes precedence over optimization, especially when it comes to non-essentials. If you take said order of precedence into consideration, I think you'll agree that paying 100% of the cost for four materials is irrational when at least one of them can be had at a discount while the others can be purchased afterwards within an acceptable period of time.
    In truth, I completely understand and agree.

(Get an SSD though)

Almost backed this Kickstarter, but apparently the only way at the moment to get a brand new Turrican 2-like track along with the album is by backing more than 65bux or more. Maybe later.

[EDIT June 02, 2016]
    Backed it on Megafounder for 15bux after all. BOH!
    Last edited by Nikumubeki; 06-02-2016 at 04:50 AM.

>_>

"Has it won yet?"

Yeah, no kidding. Flooding isn't something I'll ever have to worry about.
    Finally something to wash away the tears.
    SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
    -----------------------------@%