Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Turret Issue
Turret Issue
2008-12-01, 9:12 PM #1
Well im trying to implement a new Turret. Its essentially a missle launcher turret such as found on the backs of some US Army vehicles. How can i get said turret to act like a turret. IE rotate, fire, etc.?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2008-12-02, 8:45 AM #2
To make it act like a turret it needs to have the TurretFire instinct in it's AI. Are you using your own custom model? If so, you're going to have to make separate meshes for the guns and the body....I'd suggest opening up a LEC turret and make the meshes close to theirs.
If you're using an LEC model, just make a new template and have the parent one of the current turrets. Then you can work from there, changing the projectile it fires, etc.
er...
2008-12-05, 10:44 AM #3
Lex, tried your idea, hasnt worked yet. dont know. for now my turrets will be static decor. i dunno. we shall see if i can get it to work.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2008-12-05, 10:54 AM #4
Try using the same template as the turrets in regular JK, and don't forget the cogs.

You probably need to add a pup file to it's template in ZED.
2008-12-05, 10:58 AM #5
A puppet file. maybe thats it.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT

↑ Up to the top!