Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → windows
windows
2008-12-04, 7:46 AM #1
so i've made a nice little room. i have well designed windows but i don't know how to make them actual windows. i set the surface flags to "sky", but i want it to act like a window when i shoot it, not just dissapear. basically, i want the illusion of glass when i shoot at a sky surface. can someone help?
2008-12-04, 2:59 PM #2
Add 00_breakingglass.cog from the stock LEC cogs to your level, set the surfaces of your glass to geo 4 and translucent with a good glass texture, and specify them in the cog.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-12-04, 3:23 PM #3
i don't want the glass to break.
2008-12-04, 4:02 PM #4
Originally posted by Badgger:
...i want the illusion of glass when i shoot at a sky surface.

Originally posted by Badgger:
i don't want the glass to break.

Then precisely which weapon-related illusion do you want to achieve?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2008-12-04, 5:49 PM #5
I think he just wants the basic window illusion with sky behind. Thats an easy one.

Follow the above steps mentioned by GBK

"set the surfaces of your glass to geo 4 and translucent with a good glass texture"

Its really simple lol.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2008-12-04, 6:53 PM #6
Bah, do this:

Cleave the sector that is your window right down the middle as if to form a "pane" of glass so now you have two sectors that are the same width and height, but thinner. Then select the two adjoined surfaces that join these 2 thin sectors and set them (Using the Geo/Surface/Face/Adjoin flags) to geo 4, impassable for player, uncheck "passable", translucent, and give them a glass texture of your choice. You can check "magsealed" if you want your laser shots to bounce off the glass.
2008-12-04, 6:58 PM #7
Quicktutpic:

[http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/andrew61987/window.jpg]
2008-12-04, 11:40 PM #8
Thanks rendar, I was going to suggest the same thing. I really like the way you explained it, with the visual aid and all.

:)
2008-12-05, 1:09 AM #9
wow guys, thanks a lot. i love the helpfulness of people on this forum. :)

↑ Up to the top!