Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → editing tutorials
editing tutorials
2009-01-01, 3:05 PM #1
i want to start mapping for MoTS, but that giant tutorial pack i downloaded doesnt work, when i click a section it cant display the page

suggestions?
2009-01-02, 7:01 PM #2
Check the JKHUB for tutorials, or just do trial-and-error, if any problems arise, check the Massassi tutorials section for what you need.

I don't think there's much need for the tutorial pack unless you don't have internet regularly.
2009-01-02, 9:22 PM #3
i dont even know where to start, ive only used Unreal Editor and the Hammer editor
2009-01-03, 4:48 PM #4
If that's so, then JED should be easy.

It's similar to the "Negative Space" portion of the Unreal Editor.

Basically, you start with a box.

Use the C key to get into cleave mode, click one end and drag it in the direction that you want to cut the sector (box). It'll cut the box, then you can delete on side of the box, and tada you have a triangular box.

It's mostly just making boxes and cutting them apart. If you want to make a new box, push K, drag to the size you want and presto you have a new box. Cut it up how you want.

Then, to connect halls and sectors, make sure that they both have a surface (wall or floor) that is exactly the same, and push A. It'll adjoin the wall creating a pathway.
2009-01-03, 5:38 PM #5
thanks very much, glad to see some mappers for this game still around, its my all time favorite
2009-01-03, 7:34 PM #6
i keep screwing up at this adjoined part... i have it all set up with two boxes, one with an extrusion and the other ready to be adjoined and it doesnt work

i believe they are cleaved the same way..so frustrating
2009-01-04, 3:42 PM #7
i managed to do the adjoining a box to a taller box, but i still cant get that basic hallway lol ill keep trying, i so badly want to learn this
2009-01-04, 7:20 PM #8
The adjoined surfaces have to be exactly the same size for it to work. :)

Once you've gotten used to the basics, you'll notice that the editor is quite easy to use. The game is pretty flexible, for example, this is one level:

[http://jkhub.net/project/screens/project-272-r9pFnP7wvh.jpg]

[http://jkhub.net/project/screens/project-272-UJEfpD8zYT.jpg]

Images taken from The Atrium, by JediKirby and Halucid.

Hope it helps, if you have any questions, just give me a ring ;)
2009-01-05, 1:17 PM #9
i tried to play test a level, but it just crashed and gave me an error, man, this is totally different from unreal or counter-strike editing
2009-01-07, 12:13 PM #10
Make sure you have at least 1 walkplayer in the level, and make sure it's in a sector.

↑ Up to the top!