Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Enter and Exit sector text, Scrolling start up text
Enter and Exit sector text, Scrolling start up text
2009-01-13, 6:19 PM #1
Couple of things I'd like to know how to add to my level.

#1 starwars scrolling text
I see some level packs that have taken the scrolling star wars text (that text that appears at the beginning of every starwars movie) and added to the start up of the level.

How do you do this? I'd like to use that as an intro before I level starts for each of my levels.

#2 Sector text
How would I go about making a cog that prints text in the command console such as "You have entered the power core" or "You have left the power core"

Something along the lines of

Enter sector <sector number here>
Exit sector <sector number here>
Enter sector text <enter sector text here>
Leave sector text <leave sector text here>

I'd like to just be able to type the sectors and text as a variable rather than making a separate cog for each important room.
2009-01-13, 7:42 PM #2
Simple cogs should suffice.

The first (starwars text) is done by changing the players view to a camera, and have a text 3do move frames in front of it. The text, stars and camera are all in a distant sector that the player can never reach. The player is immobilized during the camera time.

The second is merely a cog that has a entered message, and in that message is a simple line such as:

print("You have entered the power core");

That's pretty much it.

↑ Up to the top!