Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Quick question about MotS and hidden locations
Quick question about MotS and hidden locations
2009-04-17, 2:55 PM #1
Hey, I don't have my old manuals on me, so I was wondering if anyone knows if finding all the hidden locations in MotS still grants you an extra force star at the end of the levels.

Additionally, if you do get extra stars, do they transfer over from Kyle once you start playing as Mara Jade? I won't bother finding them all for his section if they won't help me once I get to the real meat of the game :P

Oh hey, and on a happy note, SBX 3.0 is working PERFECTLY (so far) for me in MotS, in stark contrast to my many difficulties with it in JK. YAY! :neckbeard:

Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer the questions.
2009-04-17, 4:28 PM #2
I'm not sure about the secrets, but I'd assume so since that would be the only point in putting them in each level.

As for this:
Quote:
do they transfer over from Kyle once you start playing as Mara Jade?

No.
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-04-17, 4:29 PM #3
I do remember the stars DON'T carry over from Kyle to Mara (now, that wouldn't make sense, would it).

And yes, finding all the hidden areas does give an extra force star.

EDIT: Bah, Oni beat me.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2009-04-17, 4:59 PM #4
I hope you have fun with MotS because I remember I didn't so much. Unnecessarily tedious moments, annoying puzzles and the game flowed like a broken record. Also, the worst final battle ever (ZZZzzzz...).
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-17, 5:03 PM #5
I liked the Sith temple levels... Vornskrs still scare the **** out of me :P
Stuff
2009-04-17, 5:12 PM #6
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I hope you have fun with MotS because I remember I didn't so much. Unnecessarily tedious moments, annoying puzzles and the game flowed like a broken record. Also, the worst final battle ever (ZZZzzzz...).

Really? On the whole I liked Mots SP much more than JK.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-04-17, 5:17 PM #7
Then again I played it like 7 or 6 years ago. I remember the most was the escaping the asteroid part.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-04-17, 5:25 PM #8
I hated the asteriod levels.

The others I actually enjoyed, and the Sith temple levels were sweet. I remember getting startled from those old sith corpse things in the mausoleum/burial chamber thing.

The whole dark kyle thing I found to be massively cornball though.
-Martyn
2009-04-17, 5:28 PM #9
I also hated the asteroid levels, but loved the rest of the game as Mara.

The vornskrs scared the crap out of me too. They can jump a lot further/higher than I thought.

I liked the MotS SP every bit as much as JK.
2009-04-17, 9:19 PM #10
The last few levels of MotS were ingenious. But those f***ing Vornskr and their insta-kill attack... :argh:
DO NOT WANT.
2009-04-17, 10:30 PM #11
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Also, the worst final battle ever (ZZZzzzz...).

It seriously took me like half an hour to figure out how to end it.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-04-18, 12:32 PM #12
took me about 3 minutes
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2009-04-18, 12:40 PM #13
I'd say MotS SP was indeed better than JK's, especially the user-made ones.

And I thought the final battle was quite ingenious, man, I don't think any other game has ever had anything similar before but I haven't played every game in existence so I dunno!

I don't remember finding any secret areas in MotS so dunno about the stars.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-04-18, 1:46 PM #14
This thread made me fire up my old JK again in hopes of some nostalgia inducing moments.. But I ran into some fail problems again on Vista.. I can handle the alt-tabbing thing but it seems to hate when 3d acceleration is enabled. Once I move to look around everything gets "smeared", models remain on screen like a ruined painting. :(
2009-04-18, 6:07 PM #15
MoTS lacked the badass live action cut scenes
2009-04-18, 6:09 PM #16
Quote:
it seems to hate when 3d acceleration is enabled.

I have this problem on XP. No dice and I don't know why. Probably will work on my actual rig though and not this temporary one.

Quote:
MoTS lacked the badass live action cut scenes

This.

On a side note: how many of you have found the droid ballet?
-Martyn
2009-04-18, 7:37 PM #17
Originally posted by Onimusha:
I have this problem on XP. No dice and I don't know why. Probably will work on my actual rig though and not this temporary one.

This.

On a side note: how many of you have found the droid ballet?

It was back behind one of the buildings in that level where you had to chase/follow somebody, right? Or maybe you had to follow a droid or something like that to get to it. Seems like I found it a couple of times, but couldn't other times.
2009-04-20, 6:45 AM #18
Yeah, it's in the spaceport. You have to follow the C3PO unit to get through the door.
2009-04-20, 10:15 AM #19
Yes!
*fist pump in air*
It's good to see that in my old age, I can still remember useless information while still forgetting all the important stuff.
2009-04-20, 2:40 PM #20
Good Thing I archived this....

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/nsdlsf/hiddenlevel.htm

I love MotS

Ive been actually looking for people to play with since everyone in #jk only wants to play JK...
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2009-04-20, 6:07 PM #21
Andrew I'd play mots with you. PM me for a good time to do so.

That hidden bespin level was awesome, but boba was too easy of a kill. =/
-Martyn
2009-04-20, 6:10 PM #22
I liked JK SP way more than MotS...
2009-04-20, 6:22 PM #23
Some of MotS reminded me a lot of DF, actually.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-04-20, 7:39 PM #24
Originally posted by Temperamental:
This thread made me fire up my old JK again in hopes of some nostalgia inducing moments.. But I ran into some fail problems again on Vista.. I can handle the alt-tabbing thing but it seems to hate when 3d acceleration is enabled. Once I move to look around everything gets "smeared", models remain on screen like a ruined painting. :(

You have a new ATI Video card. Anything above the (3xxx I believe) has this issue.

Put -windowgui in your target path for your JK shortcut to fix the alt-tabbing.

... someone should sticky this ****.

↑ Up to the top!