Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Noob alert? level won't load....
Noob alert? level won't load....
2009-09-24, 4:54 PM #1
Alright, so I started off again to get my feet wet with JED at the basics area. Followed the first 3 tutorials, and I think I'll be able to pick this up pretty quickly again... except I get a CTD when I try to load the level :argh:

I made a new level, didn't change anything but the Episode Editor... I would think this is the only place that would be causing a CTD. Here it is:

[http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6324/episodeditor.jpg]

I am also using Win7 x64 if that makes a difference... and I have the Steam version of JK, but replaced the .exe file. I have the CD as well actually. But what do you think the problem might be?

Edit: BTW I tried it as a SP and an MP level, both crash....
2009-09-24, 5:17 PM #2
Nevermind all this.... apparently I'm having trouble loading most maps in-game...
2009-09-24, 5:28 PM #3
Is the jkl in the episode editor the same as the .jed file?

Is the walkplayer in a sector? move it around sometimes that helps.

I doubt you have too many things or a bad startup.cog. Try gobbing it and then loading it as a normal level instead of testing it. I always have to gob to run it - a tad slower but atleast it works.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2009-09-24, 5:42 PM #4
I figured out the problem... it was a bad .exe file, it wasn't running many maps at all.

I had downloaded the Steam fix from Voobly, but the fix didn't work, and it came with an .exe which might have problems with it.... loaded the .exe from my CD, used the unofficial patch and it all worked.

Thanks for the help though Goit. Good things to know in case I get a problem in the future.

↑ Up to the top!